Champions episode is lackluster at best.

@Teratus.2859 said:The missions kinda cover for the 1 story thing.. I didn't mind that so much but I do prefer my story content solo rather than party based.

That said I can see repeating these missions and having to go through all that story dialogue over and over and over again will get very very tedious very quickly >.<Much like dungeons there is a lot of waiting around for characters to talk which is fine for me when Im doing the content for the story but when I just want to rush through for the rewards it can be quite annoying.

I think it would have been better had Anet made solo story instances of these missions and then a group version without most of the dialogue for reward farming.

This. Just this.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" have to totally agree with you. Played the story last night for first time and all 3 Public Instances and have to say for me this is the poorest release by far. "A Recycled old content release at best" Core Tyria maps, destroyers everywhere (not seen them before honestly!) didn't capture my imagination in the slightest, in fact I exited early at went back into WvW. Few new achievements, mastery track, few new weapons, rest just recycled boredom.

I really would wish Anet would have prioritised sorting out their tech issues (lag, so many bug issues etc.) in preparation for Steam Release than releasing this poor content, can we even call it new content ?

My personal complaints about overall design aside, I actually feel we would have been better off had they just told us "Regular content releases are on hiatus while we work on the expac." and given us no release at all for 4-6 months. Like, even through this forum thread, there are one, maybe two people who have said they are happy with this content and each of them still have "buts" in their posts. DRM are not what anyone want. This helps neither normal nor hardcore players in any way.

If what we have got so far is all we were getting I would be a little disappointed, but that's not my expectation. I'll wait for a few weeks to see the rest of the content in this chapter before coming to a conclusion. Potentially, having something new every week might be better than a single drop that's played through in a few hours and then another two month wait. We'll see.

regarding maps, I'm in the camp that believes a new open PVE map with every episode is too much and a bad approach. Early on it was great because the game was content starved, but at this point it's created too many competing zerg metas/events, spread the population out too much, and made the world just plain feel chaotic.

This is why their decision to abandon dungeons years ago was really dumb and it's astounding they still haven't really reversed it. If over the last five years we had received a more balanced mixture of open world zones, raids, dungeons, story content, and pvp maps the game would almost certainly be healthier than it is now.

@blp.3489 said:If what we have got so far is all we were getting I would be a little disappointed, but that's not my expectation. I'll wait for a few weeks to see the rest of the content in this chapter before coming to a conclusion.

That's what probably a lot of players think since Episode 1 (the first after the Prolog) of this Saga.

@Makuragee.3058 said:

Yeah sorry it was kind if arrogant, was in a bad mood when I write this, nothing personal, again sorry. But I do think, that raiding will join the dungeon club in the long run, they are kind of expensif to make, if my memory serve me well a dev speak about it during season 4. And seeing the already thin content release, spreading it more would just hurt the game bottom. Sadly I do think raider are not where the money is. And for personal opinion instance content does not belong in a mmo. But thats my taste.

arrogance would imply a position of superiority which is hard to imagine here.

Strange, I cannot think of a single MMORPG in all these years and barely of any other MMO that does not feature instanced content.

@Algreg.3629 said:

Yeah sorry it was kind if arrogant, was in a bad mood when I write this, nothing personal, again sorry. But I do think, that raiding will join the dungeon club in the long run, they are kind of expensif to make, if my memory serve me well a dev speak about it during season 4. And seeing the already thin content release, spreading it more would just hurt the game bottom. Sadly I do think raider are not where the money is. And for personal opinion instance content does not belong in a mmo. But thats my taste.

arrogance would imply a position of superiority which is hard to imagine here.

Strange, I cannot think of a single MMORPG in all these years and barely of any other MMO that does not feature instanced content.

BDO might be one, though I could be wrong, it has content I've not ever gotten around to.