gem store is broken, can't buy gems - [Merged]

Having a similar issue. Trying to upgrade my account, but the website store is completely broken. When I try to upgrade via the ingame menu, I get an error when I try to complete the purchase. Kinda making me not want to even come back to the game.Oh, and I tried doing a search for similar issues. I got this thread and one from 2015. Tried multiple combinations and variations of keywords for the search.Frankly, if I have to jump through hoops, contacting a billing department instead of just using the website or ingame menu, it's just not worth the hassle. I'll save my $80 for a game that has a working store.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If you want to purchase the expansion(s), you can use link above (guildwars2.com) to 'Buy Now'.No need to spend $80, unless you want the $50 in Gems.

Also, I get over 1000 results with the Search word(s), 'buy gems'.

Good luck.

I guess the part where I said "the website store is completely broken" just meant nothing? I'm sure you mean well, but your canned responses are not helpful. Especially when you flat out don't read what someone has written.

Also, it's a little condescending to assume I'm too stupid to know that I don't HAVE to spend $80.

And your search keywords are far too broad. Of course you're going to get thousands. Most people are going to include words "store" and "can't" and "broken" "doesn't work" alongside "buy gems".

Can't even embed the image using the tools available, but here's a link to what the website looks like that. Looks that way in all three browsers: FF, IE, Chrome.https://imgur.com/CitlThsThere's nothing to click to make a purchase.

This is just mind blowing.I finally got lucky and my purchase of PoF went through via the ingame menu. Not sure if it's because I bought the $30 upgrade or because it finally stopped being broken for a whole five seconds. (website is still borked, though)Then, not ten seconds later, I'm trying to buy 1600 gems and..... unexpected error. sigh.......... here we go again. So I try a few hours later and it goes through.But now, another few hours later, I try to upgrade my character, needing 1600 again, and.... won't work. A few minutes go by as I do some crafting, and I try again and.... it works! But I only bought 800 gems, thinking that issue might be the amount I'm trying to spend. And yet again, not 10 seconds later, I try to buy another 800.... unexpected error.

I guess I should give kudos for one thing. Most companies would fall all over themselves to make quadruple sure the cash shop works. ANet seems to be OK with theirs being a buggy mess.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted a ticket a few days ago. I tried 2 different cards . One of them was used when I successfully bought the game itself. Only response I've gotten is that my purchases were caught up in some security thing and it was being looked at....you'd think they would fix this pronto since it's losing money for them! The in-game store is broken. Fine, but why can't I buy gems the same way I bought the game via download??

Edit: Just looked up my ticket that was submitted and noticed there was 'activity' on it an hour ago. They responded and said I'm all set.I then successfully bought gems. :)

• 3 months later...

As the title says, my gem store doesn't work as of today. i checked on my game and another person's game from their pc, both don't work. also seen a comment today on a separate forum.

The error message i get is "unfortunately an error has occurred. please try again later!" and it pops when i choose paypal payment and before i get redirected to paypal website (meaning that hypothetically it's not because of my paypal account?).

Any thoughts? solutions? thank you. :)

@Dyed Dollie.6470 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:I had it for around 2 weeks few months ago and even though I contacted Support, it was Tuesday patch which fixed it for me for some reason.

2 weeks!for me problems started after the new episode, game started lagging horribly.then today there was an update and that's when the gem store issue started.

Well, yeah, I remember I was pissed because of it I missed Vermilion Wings in the BLC which was my main aim. Now it's back though for statuettes so we goo'.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Is the issue buying Gems, or the Gem Store has issues?If the latter, you can try clearing the GW2 cache; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the 'Support' link and searching, 'Troubleshoot Trading Post'.

Good luck.

this is their response after i submitted a ticket:After reviewing your account, we have found that your purchase attempts were declined by PayPal®. When this happens, we are not given a reason of the decline. Please contact PayPal for information about the refusals. Once you have resolved the issue with PayPal try to make your purchase again. You should have no further issue.

kinda doesn't make sense, i've used paypal to buy stuff right before using it to attempt purchasing gems in-game, so it's properly working.

@sitarskee.5738 said:

@sitarskee.5738 said:I had it for around 2 weeks few months ago and even though I contacted Support, it was Tuesday patch which fixed it for me for some reason.

2 weeks!for me problems started after the new episode, game started lagging horribly.then today there was an update and that's when the gem store issue started.

Well, yeah, I remember I was pissed because of it I missed Vermilion Wings in the BLC which was my main aim. Now it's back though for statuettes so we goo'.

yep i also have my eyes on a couple of things and it's frustrating they might be gone when/if this is fixed, their response wasn't satisfactory either :s

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:And what did PayPal have to say?

Nothing, because I did not contact them.This whole issue was fixed with your "clear cache" suggestion! so thank you very much :3 managed to get gems a few mins ago!The issue was in buying gems not the gem store itself but your suggestion still solved it.If there's a way to mark my thread as "solved" lmk so others can see it.