Charr bipedal running

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I could not find it in previous threads.I wish there was a toggle for bipedal movement for Charr. The animations already exist, and plenty of NPCs already do it.

With a toggle, those that prefer the quadruped movement, can still have it. But those of us who prefer movement on two legs could have that too. Its one of the few things I wish was different for Charr, and it has no real effect on game play.

Having it be unchangeable as some kind of 'penalty for race choice', doesn't make sense when its just fluff and aesthetic as it pertains to player choice. It is after all, a game. The more 'flavor choice' afforded the player, the better

Edit: To clarify, I mean their run animation. They already move bipedal with weapons drawn and when walking instead of running

@Naxos.2503 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:But running on all four legs is usually the reason players make a Charr to begin with..

For me it's mostly the slump, and beastly looking appearance, but the four leg run is kind of part of that too. If it's toggleable though, I wouldn't mind, but I dont see them making that effort for just 1 race.

I would agree with you, if there was a dramatic effort to create new assets, or a significant change to the game engine. If that were the case, than it would not be worth the effort, compared to other things that require attention. But the assets and animations are literally already there, with a precedent already established by NPCs.

Conversely, Charr are a specifically zoomorphic race. I mean, I suppose an Asura or Norn player could say "Hey, I want my character to run on all fours too." But frankly, there is no precedent or reason for it, other than a sense of unwarranted entitlement

I'd be fine with a toggle for this, but what I'd really like is 'stances' where you can select your idle/running animations/posture in settings like you can in other games. They've already got several stances like this in the game already ('Weapon-drawn running Charr' 'Risen loping Charr' 'Vanilla run on all fours Charr') and you could extend it to things like the gendered idle animations when giving the same toggle to the other races.

Something like that would be a pretty big systems overhaul, but people have been calling this game FashionWars2 for years, so I imagine character cosmetics and customization are a pretty big deal to those who play.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:I'd be fine with a toggle for this, but what I'd really like is 'stances' where you can select your idle/running animations/posture in settings like you can in other games. They've already got several stances like this in the game already ('Weapon-drawn running Charr' 'Risen loping Charr' 'Vanilla run on all fours Charr') and you could extend it to things like the gendered idle animations when giving the same toggle to the other races.

Something like that would be a pretty big systems overhaul, but people have been calling this game FashionWars2 for years, so I imagine character cosmetics and customization are a pretty big deal to those who play.

Thats beyond the scope of my original suggestion. But I definitely see the value of what your saying. The more options for individual expression, the better

Heck yes! This is something i've been waiting since ever, alongside the Charr NPC Talking animation as an emote.

My suggestion would be that running without swiftness or any other running speed trait would put your charr into trotting animation, and when you receive a movement speed buff you'd start running on all fours.

Also ontopic, you can achieve the charr trotting animation by getting in combat,unseathing your weapon and then running.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:OP, you said that a bipedal running animation already exists, are you certain of this? Ive been around a while but its the first I've heard of this.

Its used frequently by Flame Legion and Dominion. Charr NPCs almost never run on all fours, though it can seem a bit confusing because they also have a greatsword dash that looks like they're running on all fours for a while.

@Wolfb.7025 said:Heck yes! This is something i've been waiting since ever, alongside the Charr NPC Talking animation as an emote.

My suggestion would be that running without swiftness or any other running speed trait would put your charr into trotting animation, and when you receive a movement speed buff you'd start running on all fours.

Also ontopic, you can achieve the charr trotting animation by getting in combat,unseathing your weapon and then running.

Thats a really fun idea; use the quad running as a 'burst' animation, and have the regular running be biped. But, I think just a simple toggle so folks have a choice, ether way would be good. As others have noted, Charr NPCs run around biped almost all the time