Random disconnects in the past few weeks (error code 7:11:3:202:101)

In the past few weeks the game has become unplayable for me as I keep getting disconnected in every game mode (PvE, PvP and WvW) every 10 minutes or so.To make sure the problem wasn't with my ISP I ran the command 'ping' in Windows Powershell just to see if I didn't have any packets being lost or disconnects. While playing the game I let the ping command run indefinitely on both the google DNS server (8.8.8.8) and on the first amazon server that hosted the current instance that I was in (I typed /ip in game and used a traceroute on my current IP in the game).From my tests I discovered that every time I disconnected from the game my connection to both the google DNS server and to the 'first' amazon server hosting the current IP of my current instance remained unaltered, there were no packets being lost either. So, the problem is definitely on ANET's end. And just to be double sure every time I got disconnected from the game I checked if my connection was working through other means, like opening a random internet page for example.My internet download speed is 100 Mbps (12.5 MB/s) and my upload is 50Mbps (6.25 MB/s), unless the game's requirement suddenly changed that should be more than enough to play the game.

I have the same problems since a couple of days ago. I have checked my ping rate (avg 56) and FPS (avg 40) and still out of the blue I get DC's. I am running a diag now to find the root cause. ps my firewall was completely disabled and also my virus scanner. I even lowered all of my game settings to the minimum. still I get DC's.

I will upload the diag trace later.

• 1 month later...

I just reinstalled the client a few days ago, feeling nostalgic for GW after a few months away. I'm having the same issue. After about 10 minutes or less of game play, regardless of where I am, I lose connection to the server. Anet apparently doesn't care anymore, either, as there doesn't seem to be an official post addressing the issue. So, although I played GW1 from about 1 month after launch up until I started playing GW2 during Betas, I'm unable to play and find myself not wanting to mess with it and angry.

Maybe one day it'll be fixed?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HelloStrangely I get this DC error every time I open the black lion trading post. The rest of the time I don't get disconnected.I tried emptying the cache, rebounding the router, nothing worked, every time I attempted to open the TP... Error 7:11:3:202:101After fiddling around, I found that changing my internet Wi-Fi connection to 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz resolved the problems and since then no more disconnects...Wasn't aware that having good internet and router would cause so much hassle.Never had this sort of issue before post Halloween event.

• Thanks 1

This error is driving me nuts, because it's "session" kicks in whenever they release a new update/living world story...I redownloaded the whole client like 3 weeks ago, everything's been fine...2 days ago, Champions update happened and this error literally occurs everytime I wander around trading post more than 5 seconds, open my inventory and stop moving for a few seconds, or just randomly get dc in a mission, preferably a story instance... people always tell me it is a problem on my side, but very strangely, a solid amount of people experience this very same issue whenever a significant update happens. Although, general logics of the community basically claim that "if ANeT's server-related issues make ME disconnect, it is automatically problem on my end"...bravo. This issue is so general that not even the company has had a definitive answer for this in the past 8 years, so I have already lost any hope that it would be resolved one day. I'm basically on the verge of hitting that uninstall button even tho I have once again spent several dozens of cash recently to support the game.

Same thing here. I can almost pin point exactly when I will be kicked now. Trying to get through the HoT Story. Bitter Harvest, I go through choose to go after Logan and get kicked on the third mob down the path everytime. Really starting to tick me off with having to restart the instance and hope I can get through this time.

@Draken.7154 said:Same thing here. I can almost pin point exactly when I will be kicked now. Trying to get through the HoT Story. Bitter Harvest, I go through choose to go after Logan and get kicked on the third mob down the path everytime. Really starting to tick me off with having to restart the instance and hope I can get through this time.

Some players have success in Story instances by using a VPN, or continuously moving the character/spamming a skill, minimizing cut-scenes, changing the 'Streaming' option, opening all ports, or other workarounds found in the thread, 'Storyline Disconnects'.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...
On 11/21/2020 at 1:00 PM, greg.5673 said:

HelloStrangely I get this DC error every time I open the black lion trading post. The rest of the time I don't get disconnected.I tried emptying the cache, rebounding the router, nothing worked, every time I attempted to open the TP... Error 7:11:3:202:101After fiddling around, I found that changing my internet Wi-Fi connection to 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz resolved the problems and since then no more disconnects...Wasn't aware that having good internet and router would cause so much hassle.Never had this sort of issue before post Halloween event.

Tjhank you! I have this problem too with new internet router. I solve problem connection to 2.4Ghz