[Suggestion] Afk Farming?

Oronreo.8796

I know this may not be a popular opinion, and usual gw2 veterans hate afk farmers and botters. But I have been playing this game for 8 years, and I still did not see most of the endgame, because I find it very hard to find enough time to play. I really love this game, have both expansions and paid a lot extra for gems and cosmetics, but I am getting old and life is becoming more busy. I am suggesting and hoping, maybe gw2 should have a legal, in game farm bot! So I could at least keep my pc open and farm some, then play the real content with that resource. The playerbase is already dropping constantly, even with megaservers. Maybe it is time to let people who have grown up to afk farm and have fun however they like? I really want gw2 to have some kind of afk system. A farm bot, fishing, farming, or anything that will make a decent gold per hour income without having to follow every new strategy or map or living world meta event for farming. I am okay with paid features, even pay to win. I will still be having fun, only if this suggestion becomes real. Otherwise, I am sad to say that I will not be able to return this game :( What do you guys think?

@Oronreo.8796 said:I know this may not be a popular opinion, and usual gw2 veterans hate afk farmers and botters. But I have been playing this game for 8 years, and I still did not see most of the endgame, because I find it very hard to find enough time to play. I really love this game, have both expansions and paid a lot extra for gems and cosmetics, but I am getting old and life is becoming more busy. I am suggesting and hoping, maybe gw2 should have a legal, in game farm bot! So I could at least keep my pc open and farm some, then play the real content with that resource. The playerbase is already dropping constantly, even with megaservers. Maybe it is time to let people who have grown up to afk farm and have fun however they like? I really want gw2 to have some kind of afk system. A farm bot, fishing, farming, or anything that will make a decent gold per hour income without having to follow every new strategy or map or living world meta event for farming. I am okay with paid features, even pay to win. I will still be having fun, only if this suggestion becomes real. Otherwise, I am sad to say that I will not be able to return this game :( What do you guys think?

no

@Oronreo.8796 said:I know this may not be a popular opinion, and usual gw2 veterans hate afk farmers and botters. But I have been playing this game for 8 years, and I still did not see most of the endgame, because I find it very hard to find enough time to play. I really love this game, have both expansions and paid a lot extra for gems and cosmetics, but I am getting old and life is becoming more busy. I am suggesting and hoping, maybe gw2 should have a legal, in game farm bot! So I could at least keep my pc open and farm some, then play the real content with that resource. The playerbase is already dropping constantly, even with megaservers. Maybe it is time to let people who have grown up to afk farm and have fun however they like? I really want gw2 to have some kind of afk system. A farm bot, fishing, farming, or anything that will make a decent gold per hour income without having to follow every new strategy or map or living world meta event for farming. I am okay with paid features, even pay to win. I will still be having fun, only if this suggestion becomes real. Otherwise, I am sad to say that I will not be able to return this game :( What do you guys think?

I think that this is a terrible idea.

• Like 1

With simply doing daily you get 2 gold from daily in +- 10 min, Tequatl 1 gold (10 min)+ triple trouble ( a little more longer for waiting and doing the event) 2 gold = 5 gold easily by day = 150 gold at the end of the month.With some gizmo you can have some materials that you can sell it too.

But if you haven't time, you can still buy gem and exchange in gold.

@Oronreo.8796 said:Okay. See you guys in game when I have time, or in gw3 while my children will be playing :disappointed:

Make sure you play for fun in the short spare time you have. I presume if you've played for 8 years and spent gems you already have some of the QoL features, but really that's all they are, and same goes with all the shiny cosmetics: We don't actually need them , just things we would like or aspire to have. What we actually need in game even to compete competitively at the highest levels is not a great deal thanks to one of the things I love about Gw2: Horizontal Progression.

Sorry but AFK farming opens up a whole can of worms in my humble opinion and would likely be manipulated , and why should we earn free gold just for keeping our PC switched on 24 hrs per day?? Just check out Cellofrags gold making guides and choose a few things you can do in the spare time you do have. Also remember virtual gold/items/wealth aren't all their cracked up to be. You don't need all this to enjoy the game, jump on discord/TS with some buddies, play a game mode you enjoy with the time you have.

@Oronreo.8796 said:Okay. See you guys in game when I have time, or in gw3 while my children will be playing :disappointed:

Honestly, what you're proposing is way worse than what you already have now as an option.You want to BUY afk farming bots that will inevitabely get you gold

Just spend the cash you would have spent on a bot to buy gold instantly and problem solved!

You don't need any of that anyway, most of the content for the game doesn't require any gold whatsoever to do. Just kit yourself out in exotic gear (which i'm sure you have tons of judging from how long you've been playing), and do the stuff you like.

Even ascended is easy nowdays.

You only need gold for legendaries, and those are purely optional and not required.

Honestly, if you play anything except WvW, you'll be swimming in gold.I get like 10-20 gold per day just playing low tier fractals for half an hour, how is that hard in any way or worse than a farming bot or just buying gold directly?

If you want to see how bad of an idea it would be, there are a lot of mobile MMOs coming out these days that have 'autoplay' in them. Log in, and your game plays itself.

You can then stand around somewhere in all sorts of glam it got for you.

If you like that - those MMOs are for you. But they don't tend to have very vibrant communities. They're quick cash grabs to get people hooked on paying for powerups and better odds at the glam... and the studios that make them can churn out several new 'MMOs' a year with the formula...

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Honestly, if you play anything except WvW, you'll be swimming in gold.I get like 10-20 gold per day just playing low tier fractals for half an hour, how is that hard in any way or worse than a farming bot or just buying gold directly?

Yep.

I do T3 daily and get that result.

T3 daily means you'll want 106 Agony so you can run anything in the tier. And that's not that hard to get because the infusions rain on you (multiple times a week I bust past 500 +1 infusions - which I exchange up to +9s and collect for the characters in my account - if I were to sell them, I'd get about 20-30g more per week, give or take).

• this means you need 12 infusion slots. That's 2 accessories, 2 attuned/infused rings, and then maybe your weapons and 2 pieces of armor. The gold I would make from 1 week at T2 could buy most of that (you need crafting to 500 though).

I spent years NOT doing this and thinking I had no path to getting gold and no path to ever maxing my crafts here... I finally just read a guide on how to most efficiently get each craft to 500 - picked the ones I would need for a single character and maxed them, made just the bare minimum gear to hit T2, and when I saw how much gold it gave me... realized I could rapidly move up from there. Now in the past 2 months I've maxed out every craft except cooking (only because it requires running around and I'm too occupied in fractals) - completed full ascended except back sets on 2 characters, and halfway geared out several more...

It's just a small amount of focus to hit T3 that first time, and once you do - you're driving in the fastlane from then on.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

no

this

@Kichwas.7152 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:

Yep.

I do T3 daily and get that result.

T3 daily means you'll want 106 Agony so you can run anything in the tier. And that's not that hard to get because the infusions rain on you (multiple times a week I bust past 500 +1 infusions - which I exchange up to +9s and collect for the characters in my account - if I were to sell them, I'd get about 20-30g more per week, give or take).
  • this means you need 12 infusion slots. That's 2 accessories, 2 attuned/infused rings, and then maybe your weapons and 2 pieces of armor. The gold I would make from 1 week at T2 could buy most of that (you need crafting to 500 though).

I spent years NOT doing this and thinking I had no path to getting gold and no path to ever maxing my crafts here... I finally just read a guide on how to most efficiently get each craft to 500 - picked the ones I would need for a single character and maxed them, made just the bare minimum gear to hit T2, and when I saw how much gold it gave me... realized I could rapidly move up from there. Now in the past 2 months I've maxed out every craft except cooking (only because it requires running around and I'm too occupied in fractals) - completed full ascended except back sets on 2 characters, and halfway geared out several more...

It's just a small amount of focus to hit T3 that first time, and once you do - you're driving in the fastlane from then on.

Exactly.

I mean, even if someone doesn't enjoy Fractals, which is totally fine, there's tons of content throughout the game to get gold.Silverwastes, Tarir, Bosses, Raids, you name it.

And on top of that, if you really are too busy to play, then that probably means you have a job and some disposable income to burn on gem to gold.And i don't mean "you" as the person i'm quiting, i mean "you" as in general.

Anyway... Farming bots, bad idea.

Wow thanks for so much replies. Well, I must admit that gem to gold conversion is the best option for me. But unlike most of you, I would prefer giving the same amount of money for an ingame bot and have the satisfaction of grinding. It's weird I know. I also have ascended set and have enough gold to play stories I guess, but what I mean by the endgame content that I could not do was the fractals and raids and some of the dungeons some of you suggested. Also when I try to do some older stories or maps, they are empty or still difficult for me. Maybe it is because I have been playing only time to time and could not learn how to do stuff and missed lots of trains and now I am just bad at the game. The most I played was last year, and I tried to do all those tactics you gave but got bored. Dailies and time gated crafts and some big meta events are good sources I know, but they all need active time in the end, maybe it is just better for me to come when I have either enough time or enough money. But I dont understand why a simplest bot would hurt the game so much, necros and engineers already do that, I also tried once before nerfed and its gold per hour was quarter of active play anyways. Dont you think it is super boring to just buy gem to gold, compared to a low but passive income?

But I dont understand why a simplest bot would hurt the game so much

They addressed this before. I don’t have the quote anymore but essentially they said that when people use bots to farm they start disengaging from the game and eventually they quit. The way to keep people playing is for them to actually play the game.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

But I dont understand why a simplest bot would hurt the game so much

They addressed this before. I don’t have the quote anymore but essentially they said that when people use bots to farm they start disengaging from the game and eventually they quit. The way to keep people playing is for them to actually play the game.

If that were true, all the bots in game would be long gone by now as most of the ones i have seen are still there after years. The same character with the same name. (i have screenshots to look through, so i know they are the same). The bots make money for their main account, which is the one they actually play the game with. They play while their bots farm, and while they sleep, their bots keep farming. They lose nothing and gain more money than they could ever need. "disengaging" indeed. It isn't disengaging when some of these people are obsessed with flaunting their wealth with all the glowy crap they can get their hands on, and since they are more at home standing around chatting than playing the game, bots are exactly what they need. Anet just putting vapid comments to pretend they care, like all MMO developers. Of course it's all lies.

What do you even need gold for with your playstyle (very casual, haven't seen all the game in 8 years)?If you are playing for 8 years you can just sell some stuff like mystic coins from your material storage and you should have plenty of gold for anything that your playstyle requires.

@"Oronreo.8796" said:Wow thanks for so much replies. Well, I must admit that gem to gold conversion is the best option for me. But unlike most of you, I would prefer giving the same amount of money for an ingame bot and have the satisfaction of grinding. It's weird I know.

It's not that it's "weird", you just don't make sense. You're literally vouching for some "legal ingame bot" to farm for you and then you pretend you "prefer the satisfaction of grinding". You also try to argue that gold would solve your problems, but then say you have ascended gear (which you don't even need, other than the fractals) and maybe you just lack the ability to play. I fail to see how any "legal bot" is supposed to change anything about that situation.

• Confused 1

My gear has casual stats, for open world. I just wanted to do raids. And people kick if you dont have the right class and spesific gear and build. I dont have another 8 years to make that just to watch meta change again or gw2 die completely. I wrote at the beginning, it is the end game content that I could not do. Only open world. Just nevermind, maybe it is like dragon sickness from hobbit. I love gold. Jk, I only wanted my character to do something while I cannot play. Thank you for your comments again.
Also another suggestion, please put a skip button for mass crafting, that 2 minute of crafting animation feels endless.