We won't reach T5 rewards!

Raizel.1839

Looking at the recent trend of advancing the tiers of current event Mobilizing Allies (takes ~2 days to advance 1 Tier), we wont reach T5 by the end of the event (3 days from now), we'll reach T3 at most.Was it our fault for not playing new content enough or was it Anet's for putting Tier's thresholds too high?

Edit: I didn't create this because I was sad we could not get every reward, I couldn't care less (I already knew they are trash, as someone pointed out), I created this thread only to discuss the fact I stated above, because it feels strange that we aren't able to reach every community goal, it never happened in the past.

One additional consideration ... a lot of people have no clue what to do after completing story versions of the three DRMs because the story just stops and the instructions are as clear as mud. Now, most of us have figured it out after 3 days, but I fear there is a lack of enthusiasm due to this.

And let's not overlook the sorry state of the Champions LFG. This is a huge mess and nobody seems to be fixing it, or even acknowledging the problem. What happpens when all the "weekend warriors" log in and cannot figure out how to do the content?

Yeah can't say I am enthused about replaying long, dull missions for very little reason. That time can be used better on either other games or even other GW2 content.

I get grind needs to exist in an MMO, but grind still needs the promise of something at the end. This just feels like it exists for the sake of existing

@"Adzekul.3104" said:One additional consideration ... a lot of people have no clue what to do after completing story versions of the three DRMs because the story just stops and the instructions are as clear as mud. Now, most of us have figured it out after 3 days, but I fear there is a lack of enthusiasm due to this.

And let's not overlook the sorry state of the Champions LFG. This is a huge mess and nobody seems to be fixing it, or even acknowledging the problem. What happpens when all the "weekend warriors" log in and cannot figure out how to do the content?

I believe Anet_Chloe acknowledged the issue.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Adzekul.3104" said:One additional consideration ... a lot of people have no clue what to do after completing story versions of the three DRMs because the story just stops and the instructions are as clear as mud. Now, most of us have figured it out after 3 days, but I fear there is a lack of enthusiasm due to this.

Where?

We already had an episode this season that forced players to play a "mission story step" either public or private. A lot of players can not complete these things solo, and the feedback on the forums was mostly negative. People hate being forced to do content, especially if it involves being forced to do content with other players. Why all of a sudden change from story instances that are not just solo, like it has been? So, it's not surprising, now that we have a chapter that has 3 "mission story steps" in a row, that people don't really want to do it. And REALLY do not want to do it over and over. It also just ends, without ending, leaving the player wondering is it bugged or what they are missing.

I am kinda blown away by this, as I went and did everything required on day 1 and kinda left it alone as there was no indication that there was 5 tiers.

Am I wrong in seeing that they updated the ticker with my contribution and the level of Tier the community are working towards now? C'mon man.... where was that day 1?

I was really giving a pass to Anet on this release while a lot of other people were salty about it. I feel bamboozled now. I would have spent a bit more time helping reach the community goal rather than waiting for the next piece.

As an aside, I know this doesn't affect a lot of players necessarily, but, I am playing through the story with someone new to the game and who doesn't want to jump ahead, but loves helping in these Rush type community goals. When told that they could grind and rehear the same story content over and over, they declined...rather wait and do it in context cause hey, Chap 5 is a lot of spoilers if you haven't started Icebrood yet. Even more so, hearing the same person about it shouting over and over in Metrica....

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m going to guess that enthusiasm for repeatedly replaying the story isn’t high. What ANet should have done, imo if they were going to do that, is have the original be the story and the repeats be without the story and npc chatter, where you go into the instance and do the fights.

This is something they've refused to learn since Season 2.Like, okay, Kasjory, we get it. Knoodle on your own time so I can try for the achievements faster..

There are people, including me, just aren't interested in doing the new Champions stuff, because it's painfully boring.Arenanet seems to have underestimated the numbers of these people, who wouldn't play much of this content and thus won't contribute as much as expected towards that community grind.

Can't say I'm enthused to repeat content where the doing it the first time was the most interesting simply because I didn't know what would happen. The rewards are mediocre right now and I'm not going to grind content I'm indifferent about on the off-chance the gated rewards are something I'm interested in. With the masteries being locked as well, it feels like there's no point to doing DRMs repeatedly because it's wasted XP.

But what puts me off the most and has put off most people I've talked to is the utter lack in communication. The story suddenly stopping would have been fine if Anet had simply said that they're going back to how LW1 unfolded and that the community needs to build up supplies/allies between the parts of the story. Instead nothing was said about it, there was no clear indication that there was no way to proceed, and the community event wasn't mentioned anywhere and the in-game notification was collapsed by default.

If a game can't respect its players' time by clearly communicating that they're changing up how things have been done for years, it's kind of demoralizing even when the content that you're expected to run isn't boring as heck.

Bah, are those "tiers" giving additionnal rewards as they say? The missions already have very poor shitty trash rewards, and even with those I don't see a difference: karma maybe? At least It can increase the chance of dropping icebrood saga related itels and the chance of droppingvone of their new volcanic stormcaller weapon box...

Even the gold tier of chest, I haven't spotted a single change compared to bronze chest... lol

@"DaFishBob.6518" said:I picked up the first tier reward and opened it: 1 thimble of karma, 1 celebration booster, 1 gold banner. Yeah I'm not going to feel terrible if we miss the mark for this.

You can see the rewards in achievement "bonus event" category. 5th tier is some karma, celebr booster, heroes banner and the crystal bloom supply box, which is some crappy mats. I don't see why anyone would care about not getting that, but maybe it's just me :D Also pretty sure it will magically speed up near the end. w/e

• Confused 1

One thing I haven't seen pointed out yet: So far it's all been week days, and the upcoming days are the weekend. I can't be the only one who has more time to play on weekends, can I?

So far the only day I've been able to really do anything in GW2 was Wednesday. I forget what was happening on Tuesday but I basically logged in to pick up the update then logged out again. Wednesday I did the story and the 3 missions which were part of it. Thursday was one of my nights to cook, plus I had to do some shopping and other bits and tonight was my board game groups virtual gaming night. So I've barely touched the new story but that's really not unusual for me and I'm hoping to do a lot more over the weekend.

It wouldn't surprise me if I'm not alone in that, because the game always seems busier at weekend, and the bar jumps up a lot over the next couple of days.

I mean right now I been playing it to level the masteries and to play on each of my 9 characters just for completion. I got all the dragon slayer recipes and just got the crystal bloom axe skin. No sight of the new stormcaller weapons from any chests so far. But, I am curious as to if people knew what the tiered reward boxes contained, maybe they would strive more to complete the tiers. I mean if you can unlock a stormcaller weapon at the end, why not?

@Randulf.7614 said:

Where?

Reddit ofcourse.https://dd.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/jvxomn/you_can_only_make_squads_in_the_champion_lfg_but/

@Dark Red Killian.3946 said:I mean right now I been playing it to level the masteries and to play on each of my 9 characters just for completion. I got all the dragon slayer recipes and just got the crystal bloom axe skin. No sight of the new stormcaller weapons from any chests so far. But, I am curious as to if people knew what the tiered reward boxes contained, maybe they would strive more to complete the tiers. I mean if you can unlock a stormcaller weapon at the end, why not?

People already know whats in the tier boxes you can preview them in the hero pannel.