DRMs need a lfg category

Shadowmoon.7986

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:100% agreed. While we can use Tyria Parties, it's not very intuitiveit very intuitive

and there are people using Strike Mission squads, then disbanding the squads to make partieslol. May be they like that ?:)))

closest in similarity to this new content.strike is 10. So dungeon is more similar. But as I say we already have very intuitive part.

@lare.5129 said:

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:100% agreed. While we can use Tyria Parties, it's not very intuitiveit very intuitive

Really? Because when DRMs came out, I know I didn't even think to check Tyria Parties for DRMs until I found this forum post. Not once. If it were intuitive, that'd be the first place I'd check.

in·tu·i·tive/inˈt(y)o͞oədiv/adjectiveusing or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.

@lare.5129 said:

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:closest in similarity to this new content.strike is 10. So dungeon is more similar. But as I say we already have very intuitive part.

Again, really? The only difference between a strike and a DRM is the party limit. Compare: Steel and Fire Strike to DRMs vs. Ascalonian Catacombs to DRMs.

All that said, I'm not saying "We shouldn't use Tyria Parties in the meantime", but for most people, it's not clear that that's the solution right now. Especially when we have a category for "Champions" parties that is exclusively squads.

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:Again, really? The only difference between a strike and a DRM is the party limit.on strike if you move near border you also get out instance?if person who start instance left first you also get kick out without possibility loot chest?you also use mount on strikes?

All that said, I'm not saying "We shouldn't use Tyria Parties in the meantime", but for most people, it's not clear that that's the solution right now.so they can open lfg look at it, click, and think.

@lare.5129 said:

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:Again, really? The only difference between a strike and a DRM is the party limit.on strike if you move near border you also get out instance?if person who start instance left first you also get kick out without possibility loot chest?you also use mount on strikes?

Can any of that happen in dungeons? Steel and Fire is the closest thing resembling DRMs and it's a Strike, not a dungeon.

All that said, I'm not saying "We shouldn't use Tyria Parties in the meantime", but for most people, it's not clear that that's the solution right now.so they can open lfg look at it, click, and think.

Here's the thing though. This is content introduced in "Icebrood Saga" -> "Champions". When you open LFG, where's the first thing common sense would tell you to go for this content? "Icebrood Saga" -> "Champions". But that's wrong. That is incorrect. Because those are squads, not parties. And as far as I am aware, people associate any LFG in the Central Tyria category with stuff in the core game. That's what I mean by "It's not intuitive". Just because something technically works does not mean it's intuitive or user friendly. You can refer to Ikea for examples of that.

@lare.5129 said:

You get sent the chest in the mail if you get kicked out of a finished strike mission tho, you dont in drm.

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:Really? Because when DRMs came out, I know I didn't even think to check Tyria Parties for DRMs until I found this forum post. Not once. If it were intuitive, that'd be the first place I'd check.

Well, they are missions around the Tyria, which require the group to complete. For the most of people 'Tyria parties' is the most intuitive place for these.

The joke is that it's very intuitive place, but also bad place. Because of what did you write, is true. This is instanced content with an entrance from Eye of North, which belongs to the Icebrood Saga. So it makes more sense to have a separate tab for DRMs. However, I doubt that they will be popular enough to utilize a separate LFG section.

@Kitich.4580 said:

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:Really? Because when DRMs came out, I know I didn't even think to check Tyria Parties for DRMs until I found this forum post. Not once. If it were
intuitive
, that'd be the first place I'd check.

Well, they are missions around the Tyria, which require the group to complete. For the most of people 'Tyria parties' is the most intuitive place for these.

The joke is that it's very intuitive place, but also bad place. Because of what did you write, is true. This is instanced content with an entrance from Eye of North, which belongs to the Icebrood Saga. So it makes more sense to have a separate tab for DRMs. However, I doubt that they will be popular enough to utilize a separate LFG section.

Not really as you can't access those missions if you only have the core game.

Ppl use Central Tyria LFG because the first evening (and still now time to time) there was severals ppl spaming "PSA" in champions lfg to move ppl lfg in Central Tyria parties...

Edit : and it is not intended, it is a bug. And before @"lare.5129" claim this is a "secret feature", here the source : https://dd.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/jvxomn/you_can_only_make_squads_in_the_champion_lfg_but/ (anet works on fixing it).

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

@"HakuroDK.9385" said:Really? Because when DRMs came out, I know I didn't even think to check Tyria Parties for DRMs until I found this forum post. Not once. If it were
intuitive

Ppl use Central Tyria LFG because the first evening (and still now time to time) there was severals ppl spaming "PSA" in champions lfg to move ppl lfg in Central Tyria parties...

Edit : and it is not intended, it is a bug. And before @"lare.5129" claim this is a "secret feature", here the source :
(anet works on fixing it).

The Dev dont confirm or deny that it is a bug or if they are working on a fix for it in that thread tho.

@Linken.6345 said:

intuitive

Edit : and it is not intended, it is a bug. And before @"lare.5129" claim this is a "secret feature", here the source :
(anet works on fixing it).

The Dev dont confirm or deny that it is a bug or if they are working on a fix for it in that thread tho.

If it was intended (so not a bug), the dev would not say "ty for telling us".

@lare.5129 said:should we at all ask about category for instance where initial creator if get dc - all players removed... this is very not like dungeon .. make ve we shoudl skip ask category for this?

its how dungeons was at the start of the game and it got changed due to player feedback, this should as well since it was a change for the better.Hopefully it will mean that people can rejoin if they dc just like dungeons and fractals.

Plz do because public is now plagued by botting rangers. I try and do 3 a day and watching 2 of them get stuck or not help or stand in 1 spot or the good ones hop on a skimmer enter exit golem jump up and down not att etc. It's fucking embarrassing you can bot new content. If lfg was fixed I bet more would use and i wouldn't have to rely on public. My antisocial self might even make my own lfg it's so bad in there right now