Dissapearing text in game/UI then the whole game crashes

update: reinstalled the game, look ok so farHello, i couldnt find anything similar to my problem, wanted to ask if any1 knows what might be the problem:

after some time my game started to do weird things like all of the text dissapearing both in UI, options skills achievs even what i wrote in chat. After that usually the whole esc menu dissapears and i cant close the game, when i want to end the process in task manager whole computer freezes and i have to restart. this happened at least 3 times already in the past 2 weeks. Before i thought it might be connected to graphic driver update, so i did update it, every time a new update popped up. i thought it was okay after that but that was like 3 weeks ago, did one update yday also and its still happening. the game doesnt even take screenshots when it happens. could it be a problem within my pc? like my cpu or ram ? gpu is always okay when playing gw2 and no other game does this, just gw2. my last hope is reinstalling the game or repairing the client but the repair almost never works for me, so i usually just reinstall.any thoughts what might be my problem?

my pc specs:win10 pro (not sure if this is needed but sometimes the pro version is a pain in the butt)intel core i5 74000 3ghzram 8gbnvidia geforce gtx 1060 3gb

Sounds like your hardware (GPU? CPU?) is overheating; perhaps one of your hardware components has been permanently damaged by overheating. What are the temperatures?

Side note: GW2 does not show in the list of installed applications. So you don't need to uninstall it, you can simply delete the three folders if you want the game completely removed from your system (the last folder isn't necessary to delete if you are going to re-install the game):

• your GW2 game installation folder
  • %appdata%\Guild Wars 2
  • C:\Users\your-user-name\Documents\Guild Wars 2

P.S. Have you conducted proper system maintenance (i.e., removing junk files, outdated Windows installation files, outdated backups, etc)? Also, have you cleaned your PC recently (as dust on your hardware and between the fan blades and cooling ribs is bad and expedites overheating issues)?

@Sorra.1735 said:win10 pro (not sure if this is needed but sometimes the pro version is a pain in the butt)

Professional versions are always the best, as they don't impose restrictions on the user the way Home versions do.

at the moment the temp is aropund 50°C for cpu (have chrome, discrod and gw2 launcher open) gpu is at 45°C. im not sure what temp is good and what is bad. Last time i cleaned the pc from dust was in august this year xD tho i dont have much dust there. Must admit i do not trust the softwares like CCcleaner and others cuz they look kinda.. not professional, dunno how to explain it. so im afraid to use them but i do delete old stuff from my pc, tho i guess that does not help much. i did reinstall the game and so far nothing happened, but im afraid there will be problems after some time again. will clean the pc today just to be sure.thanks for the advice tho

If there's a bad sector on your disk and GW2 at some point happens to be hitting it, your disk will freeze for ~5 minutes while it tries (and fails) to read from it. During this time nothing can access the disk and it will inevitably cause the system to freeze.

To test for this, use chkdsk /B for a full surface test. Note bad sectors can spread and worsen over time, resulting in data loss.