[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@jezebel.7054 said:

@Geikamir.6329 said:More armor choices that don't have capes, robes, or butt skirts would greatly improve my play experience.

I would like to add to this. I enjoy dressing my characters to show off their streamline silhouette...

Yes, this. I don't know about adding a button to hide skirts - I'm pretty sure you would need to create new armor skins to make that work anyway - but I do 100% agree that there are a giant number of armors that include skirts, dresses, gowns, or features along those lines.

I know from being widely experienced that these types of armor are pretty cool and have a big following, but it would be very, really nice to get some new armors that are along other stylistic lines. I have a single set of heavy armor legs I will wear (Primeval) and pretty much a single set of light armor legs I'll wear (Pajama Pants(?)).

I'm a male who always makes female characters. I do that because male characters are usually far to bulky for me to deal with and female character models are much closer to myself as a person, and light narcissism, you know. ANYWAY, it would be really really great to have more styles to choose from. Tomboy, punk, all-business, diesel for the Zarya fans out there - hi five... just-too-bad style for fans of the legendary

- whose "Lets rock" line from the movie Aliens is the greatest ever delivered in the history of the Colonial Marines...

Well I see that I'm wandering, but really it would be so great to have some armor variety to play with.

EDIT: I love the way the forum censor changes certain naughty descriptors to "kitten". This is just-too-cute lol, and I'm a fan

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:When equipping an item, please put the unequipped item into the same bag slot as the equipped item came from instead treating the unequipped item as a drop.

...but it already works like that?

E: this thread has now been changed to say something different than when I was answering to it, but the quote in my post is accurate, so... yeah, it already worked like that. :D

• Confused 1

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

...but it already works like that?No it does not.

Might be some miscommunication then?Example: you equip "weapon A" from any slot in your inventory, which causes your current "weapon B" to unequip and go into the exact same slot "weapon A" was previously in. Same goes for armor. Is this not what you're talking about?

• Confused 1

This is likely a limitation with the way that the inventory is managed from the hero panel, based on my observations.

Essentially, it appears that the item is unequipped first (added to inventory), and then the selected item is equipped (removed from inventory). During the interim state, where both items occupy the inventory, this results in the unequipped item taking the next available slot.

@fluffdragon.1523 said:This is likely a limitation with the way that the inventory is managed from the hero panel, based on my observations.

Essentially, it appears that the item is unequipped first (added to inventory), and then the selected item is equipped (removed from inventory). During the interim state, where both items occupy the inventory, this results in the unequipped item taking the next available slot.

Don't equip from HP, equip from inventory and it does what OP wants it to do.

• Confused 1

@"Sobx.1758" said:Might be some miscommunication then?Example: you equip "weapon A" from any slot in your inventory, which causes your current "weapon B" to unequip and go into the exact same slot "weapon A" was previously in. Same goes for armor. Is this not what you're talking about?

Apparently things changed since templates were introduced. Weapons and armor will swap the way I like. but not glyphs. Unequipping ascended gear should default to bags that are invisible to vendors even though they can be sold. Exotic bags that trap exotic gear should include higher tier items too. Presently glyphs are treated like low tier drops. I'm going to rephrase my suggestion to be more accurate.

@Carnius Magius.8091 said:

@fluffdragon.1523 said:This is likely a limitation with the way that the inventory is managed from the hero panel, based on my observations.

I rephrased my suggestion. They could use the same buffer that temporarily holds an item when all bags are full. I haven't tried swapping gear from templates with a full inventory yet.

Might be a limitation since its a upgrade in item your replacing not the item itself.

@"Linken.6345" said:Might be a limitation since its a upgrade in item your replacing not the item itself.

Gathering tools can swap with themselves in the shared slots. I'm sure the developers can make an exception with glyphs if there is a glyph is already applied. Removing glyphs should be treated as an extraction, not a drop from a chest. It's odd to hear my Norn say "this should fetch a nice price" on account bound items.

Allow us to use Legendary Weapons in both Weapon Sets.Example:I have Thief with Weapon variation Dagger\Pistol Pistol\Pistol to get that combo without adding 3rd pistol i use Dagger\None Pistol\Pistol.My both pistol are Legendary weapons. But because i have Dagger\None, it denies me ability to use sigil in off hand. I can add 3rd ascended Pistol, but in this case in other template i have Dagger\Dagger both of Legendary quality too. I won't be able to re-use infusion and sigil into Ascended Pistol from Legendary Dagger ( they will stay in ascended ).

When running around Tyria, I like to queue in for PvP. Then while I'm queued, I can still do world completion, chase achievements, farm goods, etc.

However, PvP ends all bonuses from food, utility items, and so on. Even just partaking in a single match to get my dailies cancels all these buffs. I'd like it if they would be paused while playing PvP and then returned after the match when returning to the rest of the world.

Dynamic event achievement completion log. Example to prove why: this event: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slay_Gravekeeper_Hammon_and_the_fleshreavers. Who would ever come across this amazing little story. No reason to; no heart progression, no POI or map completion. I just came across it for the first time since launch by random. A Graveskeeper asks for your help robbing graves but then turns out he's just luring you there to kill you. He turns into a boss and spawns some enemies and you have to kill them. Cool, short little event. I'm sure there are so many more little gems that no one technically has a reason to experience out there that so many people miss. I know it would be lengthy, but I'd totally spend hours completing a dynamic event achievement completion log. I know some collections require you to play in certain events and I get that that draws people's attention to those events, but a full on completion log would really give players a reason to FULLY explore the world and breath life into dead obscure events.

Still hoping they remove the area decorations limit for Guild Hall. They give us walls, floors, pictures, furniture, etc. But by the time you've build the snow castle, you can't put any Christmas decorations in it. I wanted to build Red vs. Blue snow forts with competing siege. Built the forts ... can't add siege and flags because the limit. Eventually took down the whole thing and gave up. I went to build a guild maze with hedges ... decoration cap. I built a raceway ... can't add decorations to make it look nice. I went to build a jumping puzzle ... hit the limit. RIDICULOUS LIMIT. And don't even get me started with how bad Windswept Haven is.

Navigating in the LFG is already a bit confusing. It is hard to find the correct tab in this very long list of options. Then you accidentally close the window and everything is gone again. So I want to request two minor changes:

1.) Give us a favorites option to bookmark certain LFG tabs.

2.) Add the LFG helper option from the Dungeon entrances to Strike Missions and Dragon Response Missions.J7PH82p.jpgHere is a preview of how it would look.kNKgaM5.jpg

The LFG link from the dungeon NPC leads automatically to the correct tab, so you avoid searching it in the long list. DRM may sooner or later get their own tab, as well as other new content.

Uh i don't know if it counts as a QOL idea or just my fantasy but honestly Legendary Infusions would be pretty dope so with legendary armory coming out, I think we might as well have legendary infusions and just have 1 set for all toons but honestly make them cost in line with Legendary sigil and runes as you'd need so many of them with stats you can change of course and make a really cool legendary effect with it and let it stack up to 9 times let it have a trail / aura and maybe let it add more effects onto the foot trails like little tornado lines that go up off the ground that matches?! , maybe even be dye able so everyone can enjoy a even higher end of fashion wars if they can tweak it, just please no skin changing or outlines for this infusion... If you really wanted to make it even better make it able to be transformed into different versions by putting it into the mystic forge with some stuff and have different effects on them so everyone can enjoy it and if dyeing them isn't an option you can make all the effects have a mystic forge variant so you can colour them at least somewhat close like you do with some of the other infusions red / purple ect just name them and have a recipe to change them around. I feel this would be pretty dope

@GamerOnline.3650 said:[Suggestion - QOL] The Ranger's Pet Management Window should remember it's new location when moved.

It's current behavior is to relocate itself to it's original spot after closing. At least that's been my experience all of these years.

Or at least relocate the default window position to a higher spot. Those with a 16:9 aspect ratio wide screen monitors will experience a cut off pet selection window if the pet management window is not moved up from the default position.