Nerf Mesmer pull

Nimon.7840

It's really not hard to avoid the mesmer pull, it just requires using a brain cell or two. The mesmer has to aim it then wait a sec to do the pull. They also have to have the entire zerg in position otherwise you can just get away. If there's a big group right below you maybe you should move away!

If people played the game more instead of sitting on walls humping siege they'd learn a lot more about these things but hurr durr me use ac me die!

what really need to be nerfed is the range of pulls. hard to tell which class has the most crazy pulls, but it shouldn't be possible to get pulled over walls at a range of 400-600, which does happen though.surely it would be nice if everyone could play as henrik says, just in reality most people cannot even stab up and bomb a zerg at the inner SM gates, means u have not many options left with your 10 ppl against a 45 ppl group.

I think the pull is fine. Audio Queue, Visual Queue and a delay. Also it's super fun to pull people off walls to their death. if a Mesmer has a focus they don't have any of the much better weapons to fight with. The trade off is pretty balanced. I play a mirage and I pull a lot of people off walls. The amount of people I pull a 2nd time who run right to the exact same spot just when my pull is recharging is highly

. That said a lot of people avoid the pull without any trouble.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Get off the wall?

After the 6th or 7th pull, one would kinda understand not to keep repeating the same mistake, but expecting different results after the 50th, well...

Nobody really expects much else when they're on the actual wall, it's when you get yoinked from halfway down the stairs and pulled into the sky or off the edge that makes no sense. It's buggy af, like most pulls.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

After the 6th or 7th pull, one would kinda understand not to keep repeating the same mistake, but expecting different results after the 50th, well...

Nobody really expects much else when they're on the actual wall, it's when you get yoinked from halfway down the stairs and pulled into the sky or off the edge that makes no sense. It's buggy af, like most pulls.

SPOILER ALERTMesmer focus now pulls the whole population of EBG, warps and becomes a blackhole that eventually destroys the rest of Tyria.

@noiwk.2760 said:i think mesmers have been nerfed enough really.. only mesmer i see in pvp now days is mirage which has 1 dodge now..if anything i think core mesmer and chrono need to be buffed ^^

I'm playing Chrono now in WvW because i hate what they did to Mirage and MAN the damage sucks.Chrono is support, sure, that's how i built it, but all other support classes can solo camps without any trouble. I can barely do that.

What Anet is doing to mesmers needs to stop, and people need to stop whining about Mesmers.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:i think mesmers have been nerfed enough really.. only mesmer i see in pvp now days is mirage which has 1 dodge now..if anything i think core mesmer and chrono need to be buffed ^^

I'm playing Chrono now in WvW because i hate what they did to Mirage and MAN the damage sucks.Chrono is support, sure, that's how i built it, but all other support classes can solo camps without any trouble. I can barely do that.

What Anet is doing to mesmers needs to stop, and people need to stop whining about Mesmers.

i agree.. as i said i think mesmers are underpowered at the moment.. in pvp.. who said Chrono need to be a support because lets face it its not as supportive as heal warrior or as tempest..

@noiwk.2760 said:

i agree.. as i said i think mesmers are underpowered at the moment.. in pvp.. who said Chrono need to be a support because lets face it its not as supportive as heal warrior or as tempest..

Well, it doesn't need to be support, i know, that's how i've built mine, for group fights.But even for that it's underwhelming, the only real thing we have going for us is the pull, and now people want that nerfed too.I wouldn't be surprised if Anet caves to whiners again and nerfs just the mesmer's pull.

I hate that it's fine for other classes to spec for support boonshare and heal and still hit for 10k damage, but as soon as Mesmer's are good at something, everyone is in an uproar. God forbid Mesmers have one good thing going for them, NO we need to nerf it all!

Example - Mirage.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Well, it doesn't need to be support, i know, that's how i've built mine, for group fights.But even for that it's underwhelming, the only real thing we have going for us is the pull, and now people want that nerfed too.I wouldn't be surprised if Anet caves to whiners again and nerfs just the mesmer's pull.

I hate that it's fine for other classes to spec for support boonshare and heal and still hit for 10k damage, but as soon as Mesmer's are good at something, everyone is in an uproar. God forbid Mesmers have one good thing going for them, NO we need to nerf it all!

Example - Mirage.

i will be ok with pull being nerfed if they in return buff alot of mesmer skills and trait to be good fighter and not a +1 in pvp or medicore roamer in wvw

@noiwk.2760 said:

Example - Mirage.

i will be ok with pull being nerfed if they in return buff alot of mesmer skills and trait to be good fighter and not a +1 in pvp or medicore roamer in wvw

If that was the tradeoff, i'd be for that too. :smile:

Why would you be there? You can't do anything from that angle anyways. If you need to sight the enemy, just stay on your mount. Even if you do get pulled, stunbreaks, blinks, w/e. I mean, I've been pulled off the top of SE tower, and it's a pretty long run back to the door.

I mean back then when we had no gliding or the ability to become invul to CC when not in combat, I could see, but these days there really is no excuse to die unless you're directly fighting the enemy.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Why would you be there? You can't do anything from that angle anyways. If you need to sight the enemy, just stay on your mount. Even if you do get pulled, stunbreaks, blinks, w/e. I mean, I've been pulled off the top of SE tower, and it's a pretty long run back to the door.

I mean back then when we had no gliding or the ability to become invul to CC when not in combat, I could see, but these days there really is no excuse to die unless you're directly fighting the enemy.

Why would I be on the stairs? Idk maybe because it's how you traverse the inside of a structure. Groups stack at the bottom of the stairs all the time before stealth pushing off the top and somehow the mesmer pull always yoinks someone from the bottom to the top.

If you really get Anet'd then you'll get pulled inside the wall and be stuck there like knockbacks tend to do against walls. If your argument to keep the pull being buggy is to sit on mount, possibly the most busted thing in WvW, then it sounds like the pull needs to just respect LoS and be done with it. It's already dangerous enough to be at the top of the wall, it shouldn't be dangerous at the bottom as well. It makes absolutely no sense that a defensive position in a defensive structure is so dangerous when you need to attack down at attackers.

Why would I be on the stairs? Idk maybe because it's how you traverse the inside of a structure.

Mounts?

Groups stack at the bottom of the stairs all the time before stealth pushing off the top and somehow the mesmer pull always yoinks someone from the bottom to the top.

Hey, you said it yourself. You prebuff at the bottom of the stairs, or a bit further away, and then you run out. You should be properly stabbed up and stealthed by then. If you got pulled, you're too far up. I have never been pulled out when stacking in a structure, because as a support I would certainly get flamed out of chat if I fail the group like that.

If you really get Anet'd then you'll get pulled inside the wall and be stuck there like knockbacks tend to do against walls. If your argument to keep the pull being buggy is to sit on mount, possibly the most busted thing in WvW, then it sounds like the pull needs to just respect LoS and be done with it. It's already dangerous enough to be at the top of the wall, it shouldn't be dangerous at the bottom as well. It makes absolutely no sense that a defensive position in a defensive structure is so dangerous when you need to attack down at attackers.

Uhh, how much advantage do you need? You can stealth push out at almost any angle (off the wall, through the portal) and the enemy has to be constantly aware when your group can still run back into the portal and in some cases glide out (like at hills) while you can have disables, mortar and cannon support. Even if you fail all of this, someone can pull the EWP.

And besides, why should people be able to pew pew from the wall with zero danger anyways? If some people are willing to get off the wall to actually fight, then people up on top can freecast. But if everyone's wall hugging, the attackerss have nothing better to do but to pull people from the top.

It's basic tactics. I really don't care what happens since I probably get pulled off a tower/keep maybe like once a week when i'm not paying attention. And I'm usually the disabling the siege, so I have to go all the way on top of the wall. You can either wait for Anet to do something (lol) , or your enemy can enjoy more bags. Or you can read this post seriously. Your choice.