The Warrior Profession Should Become More Of A Warrior And Less Of A Support

Heisen.2315

Warrior is so disgustingly underpowered and even more so since you removed our beloved crowd control damage, Signet of Rage isn't even close to being "Elite", Rampage (which should be equivalent to Lich Form) is a joke and doesn't even turn the tide of a battle in a 1 versus 1 situation. All that we have left of this profession is an anti-fun support build which isn't very warrior-like if you ask me.

The ele profession should become more of an ele and less of a support

Ele is so disgustingly underpowered and even more so since you removed our beloved crowd control damage (besides LR, but it also got nerfed by 33% dmg), FGS isn't even close to being "Elite", Glyph of Elementals (which should be equivalent to Flesh Golem) is a joke and doesn't even turn the tide of a battle in a 1 versus 1 situation. All that we have left of this profession is anti-fun support build which isn't very ele-like if you ask me.

@"Widmo.3186" said:The ele profession should become more of an ele and less of a support

Ele is so disgustingly underpowered and even more so since you removed our beloved crowd control damage (besides LR, but it also got nerfed by 33% dmg), FGS isn't even close to being "Elite", Glyph of Elementals (which should be equivalent to Flesh Golem) is a joke and doesn't even turn the tide of a battle in a 1 versus 1 situation. All that we have left of this profession is anti-fun support build which isn't very ele-like if you ask me.

Guess you haven't played Tempest nor Weaver.

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Widmo.3186" said:The ele profession should become more of an ele and less of a support

Ele is so disgustingly underpowered and even more so since you removed our beloved crowd control damage (besides LR, but it also got nerfed by 33% dmg), FGS isn't even close to being "Elite", Glyph of Elementals
(which should be equivalent to Flesh Golem)
is a joke and doesn't even turn the tide of a battle in a 1 versus 1 situation. All that we have left of this profession is anti-fun support build which isn't very ele-like if you ask me.

Guess you haven't played Berserker nor Spellbreaker.

@Widmo.3186 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@Widmo.3186 said:The ele profession should become more of an ele and less of a support

Ele is so disgustingly underpowered and even more so since you removed our beloved crowd control damage (besides LR, but it also got nerfed by 33% dmg), FGS isn't even close to being "Elite", Glyph of Elementals
is a joke and doesn't even turn the tide of a battle in a 1 versus 1 situation. All that we have left of this profession is anti-fun support build which isn't very ele-like if you ask me.

That's not a valid argument since both Tempest & Weaver are viable even in 1500+.

Ele is so disgustingly underpowered and even more so since you removed our beloved crowd control damage (besides LR, but it also got nerfed by 33% dmg), FGS isn't even close to being "Elite", Glyph of Elementals (which should be equivalent to Flesh Golem) is a joke and doesn't even turn the tide of a battle in a 1 versus 1 situation. All that we have left of this profession is anti-fun support build which isn't very ele-like if you ask me.I don't get the joke.Are ele's flexing that they can still damage with ccs ?Pretty sure the elementals are better or on par with Flesh Golem. And FGS really of all you could have picked you got the one thing that didn't get touched by the nerfs https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fiery_Greatsword. The equivalent to rampage would be Tornado but it is kinda better than even Lich so idk.Try harder next time with real issues on ele. But if you find something as bad as https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Rage please do tell cause that elite is not even good for utility bar skill.

i think you're misunderstanding something. the best warrior builds were always "supporty" in nature and only a few of them were full dps. not much has changed about that, and warrior, even healbreaker, are still very much an "in your face" class. the only thing that has changed is healbreaker traded damage for more healing.

it's not even spellbreaker that makes it a healer but tactics. you could potentially play "healserker" even if it makes no sense and you would have close to the same healing output. spellbreaker is only picked because it has the best defensive tools (rip defense traitline).

is it a good thing that a bruiser elite spec is picked for a support build? probably not. but there isn't anything else, no elite spec designed for support (like paragon).

the only thing warrior really needs is some higher numbers. rampage should not be buffed, it should be reworked. maybe to a skill that keeps you on max adrenaline and, what do i know, pulsates stability retaliation, might, fury, swiftness for a couple of seconds.

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@Widmo.3186 said:The ele profession should become more of an ele and less of a support

That's not a valid argument since both Tempest & Weaver are viable even in 1500+.

Healbreaker is as good as (better than?) support tempest.Core warrior is a gazillion times better than core ele.Any weaver build is a meme and barely viable, just as any other warrior build.

Both are in a sad spot indeed. That is @Widmo.3186 's point. Eles have been asking for build variety for years, but we are jumping between stupid side node bunkers and boring support builds since core FA times (NOT YOU D/D!!!).

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

Healbreaker is as good as (better than?) support tempest.Core warrior is a gazillion times better than core ele.Any weaver build is a meme and barely viable, just as any other warrior build.

Both are in a sad spot indeed. That is @Widmo.3186 's point. Eles have been asking for build variety for years, but we are jumping between stupid side node bunkers and boring support builds since core FA times (NOT YOU D/D!!!).

i mean, core FA was really bad back then. people tried to make it work after they killed off s/d and d/d side node ele. it got farmed by mesmer and thief. let's be honest here, ele never had a viable dps build even though core FA was fun.

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

everything is viable 1500+

@Jekkt.6045 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

i mean, core FA was really bad back then. people tried to make it work after they killed off s/d and d/d side node ele. it got farmed by mesmer and thief. let's be honest here, ele never had a viable dps build even though core FA was fun.

But it was far more playable than FA weaver today. Glass staff was kind of playable, now it gets farmed in silver. Yes, I am overexaggerating a litte. But the demand for more diversity has always been a major issue on ele.

There are some other classes having this issue too, but even rev has had some more options recently.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

But it was far more playable than FA weaver today. Glass staff was kind of playable, now it gets farmed in silver. Yes, I am overexaggerating a litte. But the demand for more diversity has always been a major issue on ele.

There are some other classes having this issue too, but even rev has had some more options recently.

Can't disagree with that. 90% of my ele games have probably been on the same build lol.

Lmao I love this communities mentality. Seriously! The thread is about op's opinion on the current state of WARRIOR not ele so what in the f....... does any of what op's thread have to do with ele and it's current state? Absolutely nothing so.... if u want to make a thread regarding ele do so ffs, every thread someone posts about the state of the clsss they play players of other classes almost always railroad the thread to complain about the state their prefered class is in, it's funny but annoying.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao I love this communities mentality. Seriously! The thread is about op's opinion on the current state of WARRIOR not ele so what in the f....... does any of what op's thread have to do with ele and it's current state? Absolutely nothing so.... if u want to make a thread regarding ele do so kitten, every thread someone posts about the state of the clsss they play players of other classes almost always railroad the thread to complain about the state their prefered class is in, it's funny but annoying.

I love it too

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao I love this communities mentality. Seriously! The thread is about op's opinion on the current state of WARRIOR not ele so what in the f....... does any of what op's thread have to do with ele and it's current state? Absolutely nothing so.... if u want to make a thread regarding ele do so kitten, every thread someone posts about the state of the clsss they play players of other classes almost always railroad the thread to complain about the state their prefered class is in, it's funny but annoying.

Yeah, well, maybe ele players can only laugh at other classes' problems. That's all we have left. :lol:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

So is warrior. Heck anyone with experience can take any synergistic build on any class to 1,500. If you cannot what you are lacking is skill not class balance.

And yes, warrior needs a buffs in some areas, but is also needs nerfs in others.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

So is warrior. Heck anyone with experience can take any synergistic build on any class to 1,500. If you cannot what you are lacking is skill not class balance.

And yes,
warrior needs a buffs in some areas, but is also needs nerfs in others.

That is the whole point of this thread buddy.

@Widmo.3186 said:

@"Mellow.7409" said:

invalid because berserker is the worst class in pvp by miles and burn weaver destroy power spellbreaker on sidenode

back to topic:the more rev i play, the more i realize such a failure of a class warrior is.literally.dev kept buffing full counter in hope of power warrior surviving as side noder, but instead warrior became anti fun support,it has the best support only for it lives the longest

because it's not about survivbility, it's how warrior can't land damage properly.and dev still keep buffing passive sustain via cheese mechanics, instead of giving warrior better option to land damage so warrior can actually avoid damage by actively positioning, instead of just perma sticking to enemy and taking all the damage

Honestly I just want them to change 100 blades that has a shorter cast/channel (1-2 second(s)) and/or doesn't root me in place. But we've been asking for that for a long time. It's even worse insult to injury that everyone and their auntie can now wield a GS as well. I seriously think just re-working this one skill would be the biggest game changer for a warrior. This game has active combat and warrior is a close range class. Like seriously, root the melee class on their highest normal dps skill? I wouldn't even care if they removed the final strike damage of the skill. Just have the skill hit twice in rapid succession and recharge "Rush" to allow warriors to bounce to a new target, pursue or escape. I would love to see the warrior pick off enemies from larger groups with Bladetrail > Rush > 100 blades (improved) > continue attacks, Whirlwind, weapon swap, etc. (optional) > Rush (away or pursue). It seems like Anet tried making a DPS/mobility line for the warrior with traits like forceful greatsword and that other GS weapon skills, but 100 blades really is the odd man out.

Change "Repeatedly strike multiple foes. The last strike does extra damage." to "Strike multiple foes in quick succession. Recharges Rush."

Of course there are tons of other things that should be reconsidered with CC. But again, I think100 blades would indeed make the warrior a bit more feared that he may actually wreck you if you meet him face to face on the battlefield.