What determines which characters get screen time?

zealex.9410

This is a genuine question, not looking to trash on any characters.

I was curious what determines which characters see screen time? I would assume (maybe wrongly?) that its the standing said characters have with the community and community views on them. Is it that or its more of a whos available for recording?

Im asking this because weve seen characters not get any mention for years (zojja) seemingly on issues with va. We've also seen characters that i want to say are universally loved (canach) barely get any screen time but more devisive characters (braham, taimi) see alot of it across all instalments.

One would think characters such as canach would see alot more involvement simply due to how beloved they are by the community.

@"Westenev.5289" said:I guess Anet wants to push their favorite cast. Fan favorites, the likes of Canach and Blish, would take the spotlight from the characters that "matter".

Aww man i really loved Blish, he was such a cool character and interesting concept in gw2. I wish they didnt kill him off and instead let hik exists and potentially explore his character and the whole concept of his character.

• 2 weeks later...

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Westenev.5289" said:I guess Anet wants to push their favorite cast. Fan favorites, the likes of Canach and Blish, would take the spotlight from the characters that "matter".

Aww man i really loved Blish, he was such a cool character and interesting concept in gw2. I wish they didnt kill him off and instead let hik exists and potentially explore his character and the whole concept of his character.

Same here... it also feels quite lame that there wasn't even like an item to interact with, or a specific confirmation that he is gone, just a 'most likely' assumption. ._.He deserved more development.