Launcher not even downloading [Solved Somehow??]

Okay heads up i don't expect a forum warrior to slap a link and tell me to read whole 1000 page of previous discussion on the reply

so i having an issue after the latest patch hit the server , tried to download it on launcher but it just stopped at 17% and i cant even play , i decide to restart my pc since i think it would fix most of the problem but now when i even already uninstall it and install it again , the download just wont start , it stop at 20% and not playable

to add more weird thing , my download speed is 5MB/s and i've test it it show 53mb/s on speed test but somehow when i download the game it drop to 23kb up to 2MB only , without me buffering or anything

then i tried to close the launcher then launch it again and the download bar just stop at 0% and won't download but i got 6GB of files alreadyas for connection i don't think its the issue since can watch netflix or youtube when im waitting for the download

Quoting from last thread, ANET should sticky this stuff on the front page. I've quit playing a couple MMOs in the past only because of patching issues.

I have to do this edit after every patch now or the launcher either doesn't start or the download gets stuck at some random %, so it might be a good idea to make a shortcut to the hosts file to save some time and clicking if you run into this problem after every patch as well from now on.

@roughneck.8936 said:I had the same problem today ,the solution i found after digging thru forums comes from Healix.5819 and it works.Open a command prompt (search , type cmd ,right click run as admin) and enter following(you can copy&paste):nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Copy one of the addresses (it changes every few days and there are usually 2) for my region its currently52.206.178.33

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the bottom, add the following line, substituting the current IP you found:52.206.178.33 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Save it(don't forget to run notepad as admin,otherwise it won't save) and launch GW2. Remember to remove the line when you're done(i never did still works). This advice is from Healix.5819 and it works,i used it twice before in the past(after digging thru today i came across and remembered his posts ) and also helps with stuck downloading update and so on so forth.>

@Tiilimon.6094 said:Quoting from last thread, ANET should sticky this stuff on the front page. I've quit playing a couple MMOs in the past only because of patching issues.

I have to do this edit after every patch now or the launcher either doesn't start or the download gets stuck at some random %, so it might be a good idea to make a shortcut to the hosts file to save some time and clicking if you run into this problem after every patch as well from now on.

@roughneck.8936 said:I had the same problem today ,the solution i found after digging thru forums comes from Healix.5819 and it works.Open a command prompt (search , type cmd ,right click run as admin) and enter following(you can copy&paste):nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Copy one of the addresses (it changes every few days and there are usually 2) for my region its currently52.206.178.33

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the bottom, add the following line, substituting the current IP you found:52.206.178.33 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Save it(don't forget to run notepad as admin,otherwise it won't save) and launch GW2. Remember to remove the line when you're done(i never did still works). This advice is from Healix.5819 and it works,i used it twice before in the past(after digging thru today i came across and remembered his posts ) and also helps with stuck downloading update and so on so forth.>

tried the IP add , still wont work for me , the game just stuck at 0%any other suggestion ? thanks for try helping me out man

@Healix.5819 said:

@GrimReaper.3865 said:tried the IP add , still wont work for me , the game just stuck at 0%

If you used that IP, it's outdated. It's currently:50.16.122.131 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

well...I have the same issue with @GrimReaper.3865 I have tried the not "outdated" IP which is the50.16.122.131 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.comand I have tried the other IP too and my Launcher is still stuck at 0% it doesnt even let me to download it again after the first stuck at 22% (about 5gb), when I open it a couple times its still doesnt work, I have tried to restart my pc/router/game, and the problem is still there. rn I cant even play gw2 eventho my internet is still fine(I can still watch utube, open gw2 wiki, snowcrows, etc.do you perhaps have any other solution? thanks in advance

@"GrimReaper.3865" said:so i having an issue after the latest patch hit the server , tried to download it on launcher but it just stopped at 17% and i cant even play , i decide to restart my pc since i think it would fix most of the problem but now when i even already uninstall it and install it again , the download just wont start , it stop at 20% and not playable

Before you attempt any of the fixes, try something else: move your GW2 installation out of Windows' programs folder and install it in a non-Windows location (either a new folder, e.g. "Games", or - even better - on a separate partition).

Add that installation location to your antivirus' list of exceptions.

@Healix.5819 said:

@cener.8259 said:do you perhaps have any other solution? thanks in advance

The IP actually changed after posting that, so try 52.204.88.58

It changes whenever they push a patch internally, so for the current one, open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

I tried to do that again and yes the IP is changed , also i try to change the IP too but then still not helping , it download still stopped on 6GB and stuck at 0kbps then not downloading anything

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"GrimReaper.3865" said:so i having an issue after the latest patch hit the server , tried to download it on launcher but it just stopped at 17% and i cant even play , i decide to restart my pc since i think it would fix most of the problem but now when i even already uninstall it and install it again , the download just wont start , it stop at 20% and not playable

Before you attempt any of the fixes, try something else: move your GW2 installation out of Windows' programs folder and install it in a non-Windows location (either a new folder, e.g. "Games", or - even better - on a separate partition).

i tried this too but same result , it just stop at 22% or 6GB and stuck to 0 kbps then nothing happen anymore

@"GrimReaper.3865" said:I tried to do that again and yes the IP is changed , also i try to change the IP too but then still not helping , it download still stopped on 6GB and stuck at 0kbps then not downloading anything

The IP is currently 52.204.88.58 (or 52.21.127.215). With that set in your hosts file...

Confirm the IP is applied by opening a command prompt (search the start menu: cmd) and entering:ping assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

It should show the IP as:Pinging assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com [52.204.88.58]...(it won't respond to pings, so the requests will time out)

With the IP verified, open the following in your browser to confirm you can access it:http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com/latest64/101

It should show something like this:108580 2372703 34799784 2372691 15148

If it's still stuck, delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, then launch GW2. Note this will delete your saved login, sound and some graphics settings.

If it's still stuck, launch GW2 with the options:-log -patchconnections 1

... and if it's still stuck, let it sit for a few minutes, then close GW2 and check the log:%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log

At this point GW2 is likely being blocked by other software, or in rare cases, your ISP is causing it (which requires a VPN). GW2 is susceptible to anything that monitors/interferes with your web traffic.

To rule out most other software, search the start menu for cmd (command prompt), right click it and run it as an administrator. Enter the commands:netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip resetmsconfig

The last will open msconfig. Under the boot tab, select safe boot and network under it, then OK and reboot to enter safe mode. Try launching GW2. To return to normal, open msconfig (WindowsKey+R > msconfig) and uncheck safe boot.

The IP is currently 52.204.88.58 (or 52.21.127.215). With that set in your hosts file...

Confirm the IP is applied by opening a command prompt (search the start menu: cmd) and entering:ping assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.comIt should show the IP as:Pinging assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com [52.204.88.58]...(it won't respond to pings, so the requests will time out)this is getting weird , i cant pint the url it return RTOi tried to ping both 52.204.88.58 and 52.21.127.215 it just RTOWith the IP verified, open the following in your browser to confirm you can access it:http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com/latest64/101

It should show something like this:108580 2372703 34799784 2372691 15148but then i open the link , it let me , and i did get the numbers which when i ping them i got RTO it doesnt make sense for me

If it's still stuck, delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, then launch GW2. Note this will delete your saved login, sound and some graphics settings.

If it's still stuck, launch GW2 with the options:-log -patchconnections 1

... and if it's still stuck, let it sit for a few minutes, then close GW2 and check the log:%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.logalso the log data is not showing even though i add -log -patchconnections 1 to the target on properties when i launched it againat this point i just think my pc is broken

At this point GW2 is likely being blocked by other software, or in rare cases, your ISP is causing it (which requires a VPN). GW2 is susceptible to anything that monitors/interferes with your web traffic.im now turning off my firewall which i didnt do even when i download every patch

thanks a lot for the help man

@"GrimReaper.3865" said:this is getting weird , i cant pint the url it return RTOi tried to ping both 52.204.88.58 and 52.21.127.215 it just RTO

That was expected; these IPs do not respond to pings. The purpose was to confirm what the IP is, as shown here:

ping assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Pinging assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com [52.204.88.58] with 32 bytes of data:Request timed out....

You want to confirm that what you set in the hosts file is shown in the ping, which should be either 52.204.88.58 or 52.21.127.215

also the log data is not showing even though i add -log -patchconnections 1 to the target on properties when i launched it againat this point i just think my pc is broken

Options should appear after the target, like this:"C:\Example\Gw2-64.exe" -log -patchconnections 1

To confirm GW2 is picking up the options, try adding:-diag

-diag will start the diagnostics tool instead of the launcher. If it fails, make sure you're using a simple - and not something that looks similar. You can alternatively use a /, like: /diag

As an alternative to using a shortcut, press WindowsKey+R and open it like this, substituting your own path:"C:\Example\Gw2-64.exe" -log -patchconnections 1

To open the folder where the log is located, enter the following into the address bar of a folder, or press WindowsKey+R and open:%appdata%/Guild Wars 2

Also, I updated the first post while you were reading it, so there's this part:

To rule out most other software, search the start menu for cmd (command prompt), right click it and run it as an administrator. Enter the commands:netsh winsock resetnetsh int ip resetmsconfig

The last will open msconfig. Under the boot tab, select safe boot and network under it, then OK and reboot to enter safe mode. When under safe mode, confirm you still have internet access, then try launching GW2. To return to normal, open msconfig (WindowsKey+R > msconfig) and uncheck safe boot.

If after all this (and doing it successfully) it doesn't work, try a VPN; TunnelBear is a popular free one. Only use it to get past where you're stuck.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"GrimReaper.3865" said:this is getting weird , i cant pint the url it return RTOi tried to ping both 52.204.88.58 and 52.21.127.215 it just RTO

That was expected; these IPs do not respond to pings. The purpose was to confirm what the IP is, as shown here:

ping assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Pinging assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com [
] with 32 bytes of data:Request timed out....

You want to confirm that what you set in the hosts file is shown in the ping, which should be either 52.204.88.58 or 52.21.127.215oh okay my bad , i wasnt read it properly , i thought i need the ping TTL

also the log data is not showing even though i add -log -patchconnections 1 to the target on properties when i launched it againat this point i just think my pc is broken

Options should appear after the target, like this:"C:\Example\Gw2-64.exe" -log -patchconnections 1

To confirm GW2 is picking up the options, try adding:-diag

-diag will start the diagnostics tool instead of the launcher. If it fails, make sure you're using a simple - and not something that looks similar. You can alternatively use a /, like: /diag

As an alternative to using a shortcut, press WindowsKey+R and open it like this, substituting your own path:"C:\Example\Gw2-64.exe" -log -patchconnections 1

To open the folder where the log is located, enter the following into the address bar of a folder, or press WindowsKey+R and open:%appdata%/Guild Wars 2i got 2 kind of files there is Network.Diag.Log and VerifyResult.log

Also, I updated the first post while you were reading it, so there's this part:

The last will open msconfig. Under the boot tab, select safe boot and network under it, then OK and reboot to enter safe mode. When under safe mode, confirm you still have internet access, then try launching GW2. To return to normal, open msconfig (WindowsKey+R > msconfig) and uncheck safe boot.no when i were on safe mode i dont get any internet access

If after all this (and doing it successfully) it doesn't work, try a VPN; TunnelBear is a popular free one. Only use it to get past where you're stuck.also i tried using my ExitLag it download the file but then it goes down to 0 again , i tried another thing that when it downloading , i shut the ExitLag service but still the download speed goes down to 0 again , at this point im ready to give up on the game :anguished:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

yea i tried your suggestion and still not solving the issue , i think there is something on the launcherim using 64bit client anyway , im trying to give it another shot by doing 32bit now

@ Healix.5819I'm not tech savvy at all, but would it help GrimReaper at all, if he was able to use a restore point, prior to the time he first started the latest game updates? How would he do that? And could he still play the game without the updates, or would he face constant prompts to update, or worse, would the launcher just start auto updating?I've never used / created a restore point so, have no idea how useful they are.Also, if this is a dumb idea, don't be shy to say so. :3

@Stelawrat.6589 said:@ Healix.5819I'm not tech savvy at all, but would it help GrimReaper at all, if he was able to use a restore point, prior to the time he first started the latest game updates? How would he do that? And could he still play the game without the updates, or would he face constant prompts to update, or worse, would the launcher just start auto updating?oh that would be a mistake IMO , i played Turnabout chapter and in the middle of the cutscene my game froze and crashed , tried 10 times , crashed 10 timeswhich i think something wrong with the game if i not fully download the latest patch first but here i am , i download the game again and wont even reach playable state

thanks for the idea though

@GrimReaper.3865 said:

@Stelawrat.6589 said:@ Healix.5819I'm not tech savvy at all, but would it help GrimReaper at all, if he was able to use a restore point, prior to the time he first started the latest game updates? How would he do that? And could he still play the game without the updates, or would he face constant prompts to update, or worse, would the launcher just start auto updating?oh that would be a mistake IMO , i played Turnabout chapter and in the middle of the cutscene my game froze and crashed , tried 10 times , crashed 10 timeswhich i think something wrong with the game if i not fully download the latest patch first but here i am , i download the game again and wont even reach playable state

thanks for the idea though

Your symptoms sound like bandwidth throttling, possibly due to exceeding your ISP's data limit.

You should try patching it on another computer, or another internet connection. Somewhere you have a network problem; ISPs do all kinds of weird stuff to game traffic because they often confuse it with pirating tools, and some institutions such as universities block the required ports entirely to keep people from doing "things they aren't supposed to do" (which includes playing games).

There's a whole list of things it could be, which is why swapping computers or connections is usually a solution. Note that its unlikely to be ArenaNet's fault, as they don't host the game, AWS (Amazon Web Services) does.

Note that AWS blocks a few countries and locales entirely, and you may need to use a VPN.

Try using port 80 or 443 as specified on the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Also this may sound silly, but if you've had crashes then you need to check the disk for errors, and especially run a surface scan. Old style (spinning) hard drives are notorious for failure, and even SSDs can develop bad areas. And even if the disk is good, crashes of the game or computer can leave the filesystem entries corrupted, or worse, signal a deeper problem such as unstable CPU or RAM.

Make sure your computer's in good condition: Run checkups, clean the vents, check all the fans are spinning, update your drivers, and run stability tests while monitoring temps. Its unlikely for the game to just crash with no reason.

@GrimReaper.3865 said:im using 64bit client anyway , im trying to give it another shot by doing 32bit now

Most people, including myself, are using the 64-bit client and are not having any issues with it. The 64-bit client is totally stable and better than the old 32-bit one.

@GrimReaper.3865 said:and yes im still stucked on 22% even when using 32bit launcher GG

When you moved the installation folder, did you execute the following steps first before you started the GW2 launcher?

• Delete the %appdata%\Guild Wars 2 folder
  • Delete the Gw2.dat in the game's installation folder
  • Delete the Gw2-64.exe and replace it with the installation client, then rename that EXE to Gw2-64.exe and execute it for installation

If you do this and it still doesn't download fluently, then you should try the solutions posted earlier.

@GrimReaper.3865 said:i got 2 kind of files there is Network.Diag.Log and VerifyResult.log

What you wanted was Gw2.log from using the -log option. Those are from the -diag option, and those files would normally be created under Documents/Guild Wars 2/, whereas Gw2.log should be under %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/. Note you can't use -diag and -log at the same time, and -diag was just to test if the options were working so you don't need to use it again.

What OS are you using? GW2 changes where it puts these files if the normal paths aren't available and it will fall back to its own folder as a last resort. The folders it may use are: Documents/Guild Wars 2/, %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/, %temp% and the folder where GW2 is installed.

If you're using Windows 7 or higher, as a more visible alternative you can use this, which offers a built-in patch server so you can see exactly what GW2 is doing. To use this, simply run it and it'll begin with a quick start guide - add 1 account, naming it whatever, then click through to the end to finish it. Once created, right click the account you created > tools > patching > asset proxy. Under the proxy, advanced > override DNS, then enable the proxy and both options to record. Right click the account again > selected > launch (normal).

no when i were on safe mode i dont get any internet access

And that was with safe boot + network checked? If network wasn't checked, you wouldn't have internet access. If it was checked however, then you have software that is controlling your network connection. Some firewalls/security software (or malware) for example will replace your drivers, which under safe mode means you won't have an internet connection because the software is disabled, but its driver isn't. To get this working, you'd need to uninstall whatever this software is, or worst case, re-install Windows.

@GrimReaper.3865 said:and yes im still stucked on 22% even when using 32bit launcher GG

Note that to use the 32-bit launcher, you have to launch it with the -32 option, otherwise it just starts the 64-bit launcher. Use the task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) to verify which one is running.

@Healix.5819 said:

@GrimReaper.3865 said:i got 2 kind of files there is Network.Diag.Log and VerifyResult.log

What you wanted was Gw2.log from using the -log option. Those are from the -diag option, and those files would normally be created under Documents/Guild Wars 2/, whereas Gw2.log should be under %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/. Note you can't use -diag and -log at the same time, and -diag was just to test if the options were working so you don't need to use it again.

What OS are you using? GW2 changes where it puts these files if the normal paths aren't available and it will fall back to its own folder as a last resort. The folders it may use are: Documents/Guild Wars 2/, %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/, %temp% and the folder where GW2 is installed.oh god i found the log at lasthere is the log , and i think this going to help a lot? i copy just part of the bad HTTP response , the return value continues afterward until count 16 consecutive 86

00000843: Perf: Build 10867200000843: Perf: 2020-11-21T03:53:01Z00000843: Perf: Platform 100001665: Perf: Archive has version 1 header00008848: Perf: Deleted 0 old files.00009924: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 10788 | 8112 03:53:10.413986 [10788:8112:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(528)] Failed to load E:\Guild Wars 2\bin64\ui_resources_100_percent.pakSome features may not be available.00009924: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 10788 | 8112 03:53:10.413986 [10788:8112:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(252)] locale_file_path.empty()00009948: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 10788 | 8112 03:53:10.539947 Requesting resource read for coui://cookies.dat with internal id 0 reported FAIL00010035: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 10788 | 3184 03:53:10.623919 [2448:5076:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(528)] Failed to load E:\Guild Wars 2\bin64\ui_resources_100_percent.pakSome features may not be available.00010035: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 10788 | 3184 03:53:10.623919 [2448:5076:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(252)] locale_file_path.empty()00010210: Debug: Web Message (launcher.js:2): onShowLauncher00010210: Debug: Web Message (launcher.js:2): onSetPreferences00010210: Debug: Web Message (launcher.js:2): onSetLanguage00010235: Debug: Web Message (launcher.js:2): onPasswordHash00010894: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e3188(u) -- length: 0; expected: 6842850000010894: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 7}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%CC%22%14%04}}00010896: Error: Download failed for {0x000e3188:0x00000000->0x000e3188, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 0; consecutive: 0}00010896: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e31a6(u) -- length: 0; expected: 7058637200010896: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 6}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%FC%0F5}}00010906: Error: Download failed for {0x000e31a6:0x00000000->0x000e31a6, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 0; consecutive: 1}00011937: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e3188(u) -- length: 0; expected: 6842850000011937: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 7}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%CC%22%14%04}}00011946: Error: Download failed for {0x000e3188:0x00000000->0x000e3188, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 1; consecutive: 2}00011951: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e31a6(u) -- length: 0; expected: 7058637200011951: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 6}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%FC%0F5}}00011956: Error: Download failed for {0x000e31a6:0x00000000->0x000e31a6, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 1; consecutive: 3}00013965: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e3188(u) -- length: 0; expected: 6842850000013965: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 7}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%CC%22%14%04}}00013971: Error: Download failed for {0x000e3188:0x00000000->0x000e3188, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 2; consecutive: 4}00013992: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e31a6(u) -- length: 0; expected: 7058637200013992: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 6}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%FC%0F5}}00014003: Error: Download failed for {0x000e31a6:0x00000000->0x000e31a6, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 2; consecutive: 5}00017002: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e3188(u) -- length: 0; expected: 6842850000017002: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 7}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%CC%22%14%04}}00017003: Error: Download failed for {0x000e3188:0x00000000->0x000e3188, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 3; consecutive: 6}00017034: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e31a6(u) -- length: 0; expected: 7058637200017034: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 6}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%FC%0F5}}00017043: Error: Download failed for {0x000e31a6:0x00000000->0x000e31a6, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 3; consecutive: 7}00021041: Error: Bad HTTP response for 0x000e3188(u) -- length: 0; expected: 6842850000021041: Error: Invalid HTTP response from server {InetMsg {char 7}: parsing error, line 1303, last char of {B2i%CC%22%14%04}}00021047: Error: Download failed for {0x000e3188:0x00000000->0x000e3188, range 0 - 4294967295} with error (4:0:0:0) {retry count: 4; consecutive: 8}00021062: Error: Connection-issues detected! Retrying...

If you're using Windows 7 or higher, as a more visible alternative you can use this, which offers a built-in patch server so you can see exactly what GW2 is doing. To use this, simply run it and it'll begin with a quick start guide - add 1 account, naming it whatever, then click through to the end to finish it. Once created, right click the account you created > tools > patching > asset proxy. Under the proxy, advanced > override DNS, then enable the proxy and both options to record. Right click the account again > selected > launch (normal).

no when i were on safe mode i dont get any internet access

And that was with safe boot + network checked? If network wasn't checked, you wouldn't have internet access. If it was checked however, then you have software that is controlling your network connection. Some firewalls/security software (or malware) for example will replace your drivers, which under safe mode means you won't have an internet connection because the software is disabled, but its driver isn't. To get this working, you'd need to uninstall whatever this software is, or worst case, re-install Windows.

oh sorry i tried again and check the network , and yes i can still download

@"GrimReaper.3865" said:here is the log , and i think this going to help a lot? i copy just part of the bad HTTP response , the return value continues afterward until count 16 consecutive 86

Here's a sample of the file it's stuck on (it's 65.2 MB / 68,428,500 bytes). Try opening it in your browser:http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com/program/101/1/0/930184

For comparison, here's the same file from the primary server (if you're editing your hosts file, this is it):http://origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com/program/101/1/0/930184

What's happening is something is modifying/blocking GW2 from downloading it; more specifically, the header is being modified. If you were to block that URL in a firewall or website filtering software for example, it would have the same effect. Hopefully your browser has the same problem and the error it shows tells you what's causing it. If a generic error page is shown, press F12 in your browser, select the network tab, then reload the page to have it appear under the tab - click the entry to view the (received) header and inspect it for clues. Proper software will include either a custom error page or the name of the software/company in the header.

I'm assuming GW2 was still stuck?

Note the IP is currently: 54.159.248.86 or 18.233.105.62

@Healix.5819 said:

@"GrimReaper.3865" said:here is the log , and i think this going to help a lot? i copy just part of the bad HTTP response , the return value continues afterward until count 16 consecutive 86

Here's a sample of the file it's stuck on (it's 65.2 MB / 68,428,500 bytes). Try opening it in your browser:

For comparison, here's the same file from the primary server (if you're editing your hosts file, this is it):

What's happening is something is modifying/blocking GW2 from downloading it; more specifically, the header is being modified. If you were to block that URL in a firewall or website filtering software for example, it would have the same effect. Hopefully your browser has the same problem and the error it shows tells you what's causing it. If a generic error page is shown, press F12 in your browser, select the network tab, then reload the page to have it appear under the tab - click the entry to view the (received) header and inspect it for clues. Proper software will include either a custom error page or the name of the software/company in the header.

weird thing is , i can download both of those file that you gave me but the first one is faster than the second , on first URL i go 2mb/s but on second i only got 200kbpsumm... what should i do with this file anyway? do i need to put them somewhere?

I'm assuming GW2 was still stuck?yea it stucked right at 22% , im currently downloading it again now

Note the IP is currently: 54.159.248.86 or 18.233.105.62yea , i changed the IP just after they renew it