Fire -> Power; Earth -> Condi Damage??

Opopanax.1803

How it seems to work:Fire -> DAMAGE (in general, includes both)Water -> supportAir -> alternates between single target dmg and ccEarth -> alternates between defense and a little condi (bleed)

If an ele switches out of fire, the intention was that they are switching out of their ‘damage stance’; they will now have less offensive tools.Water -> less sustainEtc.

Fire seems more of a damage modifier trait line with some defensive options while earth is a damage mitigater with some damage options.

Earth is the final traitline that needs an overhaul. Has a good identity but has lackluster traits apart ftom the gm ones.

Serrated stones should be a 10% modifier with no bleed duration increase.

Earthen blast should provide barrier for every enemy hit.

Strength of stone should be swapped with serrated stones. These 2 skills are designed to work together but both arent that good. Immob should be changed to cripple and the bleed duration reduced by half.

Rock solid should be 2 stab stacks for 5s minimum. Raduis increased to 300.

Almost everything else is fine imo

@"FrownyClown.8402" said:Fire seems more of a damage modifier trait line with some defensive options while earth is a damage mitigater with some damage options.

Earth is the final traitline that needs an overhaul. Has a good identity but has lackluster traits apart ftom the gm ones.

Earthen blast should provide barrier for every enemy hit.

Strength of stone should be swapped with serrated stones. These 2 skills are designed to work together but both arent that good. Immob should be changed to cripple and the bleed duration reduced by half.

Rock solid should be 2 stab stacks for 5s minimum. Raduis increased to 300.

Almost everything else is fine imo

I think you helps clarify what I am feeling.

It feels like Earth is a lost traitline. I was thinking along the lines of "give Earth Condi damage".

But after reading your post, while I feel that earth does have some good traits, it doesn't feel like sustaining/defensive line that ever competes enough with Water because the mitigation is sub par by comparison.

I think some love for Earth could go a long way to opening up better options, even asa group healer that could provide some better group defense.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

It doesnt need any damage modifier since you never take earth to do direct damage. It should be % condi damage instead. Maybe another trait that gives extra condi duration against bleeding/crippled/immobed enemies (for example +5% on first two, +10% on the immob).

Earth is bleeding now that dose not mean its a condi dmg aimed atument its a def line and atument that happens to have the only other condi dmg ele has out side of burning. Earth is more of a cc def line then dmg.Fire is consistence dmg with both power and burning.Air is crit burst dmg with cc.Water is a burst dmg with support.

The truth is its more about the wepon your using then the atuments your in as well as more about your gear build. This has a lot to do with why ele dose not feel like a mages class and more like a ranged dps or melee dps class whom also can play support.Anet removed magic from Guild wars by giving it to every one and by removing its dmg typing.

@"Yasai.3549" said:Fire : Might, Damage (general)Water : Healing, Regen, ChillAir : Critical Hits, Swiftness, FuryEarth : Protection, Bleed, Stability

Sadly i would not call swiftness as a "class" boon for air on ele but anet seems to think it is. Also stab on swap for earth is the worst stab in the game lol.

@"Jski.6180" said:

Sadly i would not call swiftness as a "class" boon for air on ele but anet seems to think it is. Also stab on swap for earth is the worst stab in the game lol.

It's not that hard to see that Swiftness = speed = Air because Air gives the feeling of rushing wind.Stab on swap for earth only if yu trait Earth traitline, which makes sense since yu are choosing to gain more mastery in Earth by slotting it.It's whatever, Elementalist needs it if they wanna be able to slot other utilities than 3 stunbreaks.

Any other attunement based effects for Earth are usually Protection.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:

It's not that hard to see that Swiftness = speed = Air because Air gives the feeling of rushing wind.Stab on swap for earth only if yu trait Earth traitline, which makes sense since yu are choosing to gain more mastery in Earth by slotting it.It's whatever, Elementalist needs it if they wanna be able to slot other utilities than 3 stunbreaks.

Any other attunement based effects for Earth are usually Protection.

You mean super speed not swiftness! Swiftness being on air line is a hold over from 2012 when swiftness was a hard to get boon its no longer that.

Sadly earth swap stab was good at one point (2012 balancing) but with the current stab balancing 1 stack for 2 sec is nothing.

Its best to use the ideal of current balancing for each atument and often that means an atument is purely a burst dmg with a cc effect and nothing more.