[Answered] Full Dragon masteries blocks additional exp on any Saga map

keenedge.9675

I filled the top 2 Dragon mastery blocks. Now playing on any Saga map doesn't earn any experience.

Until this changes, I won't be wasting time there. The DRM content doesn't give any rewards for the 30 min of trash mobs. Then spending time on the final boss for no experience doesn't seem like a good use of time.

@Schimmi.6872 said:The XP isn't wasted, the problem with locked / unfinished masteries was fixed some time ago. The normal XP-bar which rewards spirit shards is just hidden in the background, but still works.

I keep hearing this but I've never been able to prove it true.

I read all release notes and haven't seen a mention either. (please link if you've seen it - from Anet)

@keenedge.9675 said:

@"Schimmi.6872" said:The XP isn't wasted, the problem with locked / unfinished masteries was fixed some time ago. The normal XP-bar which rewards spirit shards is just hidden in the background, but still works.

I read all release notes and haven't seen a mention either. (please link if you've seen it - from Anet)

The best way to test it are the daily-chests from the respective region, after a maximum of 20 chests you should get a shard.

Here the patchnotes: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2020-01-14#General_2

@keenedge.9675 said:

@"Schimmi.6872" said:The XP isn't wasted, the problem with locked / unfinished masteries was fixed some time ago. The normal XP-bar which rewards spirit shards is just hidden in the background, but still works.

source for above:"01/14/2020—January 14 Release Notes"Spirit shards will now be earned when experience cannot go to other forms of progress, such as Masteries or gaining levels.

Thanks for the info. I was able to confirm the Spirit Shard in Bjorra today.

@keenedge.9675 said:

@Schimmi.6872 said:The XP isn't wasted, the problem with locked / unfinished masteries was fixed some time ago. The normal XP-bar which rewards spirit shards is just hidden in the background, but still works.

Have you never realized that out of nowhere you explode into light and win Spirit Shards?It's the same animation as when you level up, even the players around you can see.I realized that this was happening to me but I didn't know what it was, until one day in the desert where I already have all the masteries, the secondary bar appeared.

@JohnWater.5760 said:

Have you never realized that out of nowhere you explode into light and win Spirit Shards?It's the same animation as when you level up, even the players around you can see.I realized that this was happening to me but I didn't know what it was, until one day in the desert where I already have all the masteries, the secondary bar appeared.

Well if your doing metas the other people and npcs light show can hide the explosion of light quite easily.The spirit shard could have come from a mob so easy to miss.