Quality of life suggestion : The Mounts wheel

kylian.5079

@maddoctor.2738 said:Keybinds were fine when we had 4 mounts, but their number keeps increasing and it's getting more and more confusing. I use numbers in my numpad for the mounts, but not everyone uses a keyboard with numpad these days.I use Shift+1 through Shift+8 so that I can still hit them with my left hand which leaves my right on my mouse. This also helps when I play on my Surface which doesn't have a number pad. Maybe that will help someone else?

@Timbersword.9014 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:There is a precedent when they saw a useful mod created by someone and made their own version for the game. Unfortunately, the real question is whether they'd monetize such a feature or not

Precedent or not, relying on it happening is still being hopeful. A lot of us have switched to using keybinds if a third party app isn't the comfortable option, and that's what I would recommend as well. Having moved my movement keys to ESDF and action bar keys to all the keys surrounding it (weapon bar is XZAQW and utility is VBGTR) I have 1-7 on my keyboard open to mounts, no numpad required.

using 7 buttons for mounts is still too many. For something that you can do with a single press using the radial mount menu.

Don't force it onto everyone, let people choose for themselves.

I'm not forcing anything, I'm
suggesting
as the title says. As for now I'm the one being forced to use the actual menu.

On a side note, shortcuts are nice until you have none left or too annoyingly far to reach. I'll check out the add-on.

@kharmin.7683 I tried to search this section but couldn't find it, even when using the search bar.

You mean like how the deposit all and compact button change wasent forced upon everyone?Dont kid yourself if anet implement this it will be forced on everyone.EditAnd your not forced to use it use the third party app that some kind soul did to do just this.

I never heard of 3rd party apps until quite recently and have never looked into them. I do not want to risk my account. Is there a list of A-Net approved 3rd party apps? If not - I will wait for the devs.

Here's information on API apps: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:MainHere's some information on the GW2Radial:

An ArenaNET-approvedTM addon to show a convenient, customizable radial menu overlay to select a mount, novelty item and more, on the fly, for Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire. This addon is compatible with the Windows client only; it will not work with the Mac client.Approval: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/746mar/mount_radial_menu_addon_very_alpha_much_untested/dnwqj9x/