Can I have my 50 gold back?

This is more of a PSA than anything else. I know I'm not gonna get my 50 gold back, but hopefully I can save others from my fate. The Prismaticite home instance node provides either 1 or 2 prismaticite per day based on the last 5 days of collecting. It is totally not worth it, given the fact that you need 30 to make a weapon from the collection. That's an average of 1 weapon every 22.5 days. They are really trying to force you into doing the DRMs since you can't farm the material anywhere else. SAVE YOUR GOLD!

Yeah those always seem to be a bad investment. My guess tho as they add more drm and we unlock the extra loot masteries the extra loot will be extra prismaticite till the point our storages are overflowing with them. They have no vender value like etrite ingots the only saving grace is on them leatherworker tailor armorsmith so maybe used in armor or bags in future hopefully but idk.

Purchased the node on the first day, gathered every day so far. It is always 1 Prismaticite Crystal on the first strike, then 2x trash on the remaining strikes. Although I thought this to be impossible, it is actually worse than the Chilli Node from Grothmar Valley. It is also sort of annoying that you can only craft weapons with this currency. So far there are not any alternative purposes.

If they do not want to give me any more Prismaticite Crystals, because they want me to play DRM, fine. But putting trash for the 2nd and 3rd mining-strikes is a joke. Please put something useful there, something that justifies purchasing the node. Like Karmic Retribution, because the LW5/IBS already focuses on karma instead of magic. The other LW nodes all loot the related magic together with the materials. So why not in IBS?

It'll be a long time before it fills my storage with a 1k cap, specially if I make the whole set and not farm the missions.Guess that's what they were going for.. more casual friendly node but useless to those who can stand doing around 30 missions a day or so lolPersonally I can't repeating the same content over and over so I'll get some use from the node over time I guess.

I bought it and found it to be worth it as those extra prismaticite saves me from needing to do an additional 1-2 DRM each day. I can easily make back the gold spent in under a week by using the time I would have spent doing those 1-2 extra DRM runs to farm gold instead. After that, I reap the benefits every day until I've completed the collection. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I bought it and found it to be worth it as those extra prismaticite saves me from needing to do an additional 1-2 DRM each day. I can easily make back the gold spent in under a week by using the time I would have spent doing those 1-2 extra DRM runs to farm gold instead.Hey, you could make the gold spent even faster if you skipped on all DRMs and farmed instead.No need to thank me.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I bought it and found it to be worth it as those extra prismaticite saves me from needing to do an additional 1-2 DRM each day. I can easily make back the gold spent in under a week by using the time I would have spent doing those 1-2 extra DRM runs to farm gold instead.Hey, you could make the gold spent even faster if you skipped on
all
DRMs and farmed instead.No need to thank me.

You wouldn’t complete the collection though. So nope, your idea doesn’t work.

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:

@"Cobra.6509" said:It will save me by some boring DRMs ….. worth every penny.

OK but by that logic, since you need 480 of the crystals and that's an average of 360 days to get the crystals needed to complete the weapons. See you next year i suppose.

If would save me by only one DRM ...would be enough for me. It's sad but this is the "quality content" Anet makes these days so better pay and skip.

@Cobra.6509 said:It will save me by some boring DRMs ….. worth every penny.

OK but by that logic, since you need 480 of the crystals and that's an average of 360 days to get the crystals needed to complete the weapons. See you next year i suppose.

You're going under the assumption that they don't do them at all. They can do their daily three and then gather from the node for a bonus 1-2 crystals.

I don't really get the whole break even thing people are complaining about regarding these nodes. Unless they specifically gather from the other nodes and convert those materials to gold, I don't really see why they're complaining in the first place. You buy these nodes to to provide an additional source for the currencies. If this node gave two crystals per swing, would this thread even exist? Probably not. I'm willing to bet that if it only had one swing, this thread probably wouldn't exist.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

You're going under the assumption that they don't do them at all. They can do their daily three and then gather from the node for a bonus 1-2 crystals.

I don't really get the whole break even thing people are complaining about regarding these nodes. Unless they specifically gather from the other nodes and convert those materials to gold, I don't really see why they're complaining in the first place. You buy these nodes to to provide an additional source for the currencies. If this node gave two crystals per swing, would this thread even exist? Probably not. I'm willing to bet that if it only had one swing, this thread probably wouldn't exist.

You are partially correct and even if it was 1 crystal per swing, i wouldn't have made this thread.

This thread exists because of inconsistency. In the past, when you bought your 50g node for a living story chapter, you had an expectation. You would get 3 of the respective currencies for the given map per day, plus a little bonus in terms of volatile and unbound magic. No more, no less, exactly 3. This remained true for all of LWS3 and LWS4. That's literal years of precedent in place.

Now we get to Icebrood Saga and then eternal ice was released. The home instance node for eternal ice is exactly the same as a map node. This means it's not better in any way. So we go from years of buying an item that is always better, to getting something that has no uniqueness to it, for the exact same investment. This was repeated for both the salvage node from DWC and now the Prismaticite node.

The whole point of the discussion being that giving us less than we paid for in the past for the same amount of gold just feels like we were cheated.

You are partially correct and even if it was 1 crystal per swing, i wouldn't have made this thread.

This thread exists because of inconsistency. In the past, when you bought your 50g node for a living story chapter, you had an expectation. You would get 3 of the respective currencies for the given map per day, plus a little bonus in terms of volatile and unbound magic. No more, no less, exactly 3. This remained true for all of LWS3 and LWS4. That's literal years of precedent in place.

Now we get to Icebrood Saga and then eternal ice was released. The home instance node for eternal ice is exactly the same as a map node. This means it's not better in any way. So we go from years of buying an item that is always better, to getting something that has no uniqueness to it, for the exact same investment. This was repeated for both the salvage node from DWC and now the Prismaticite node.

The whole point of the discussion being that giving us less than we paid for in the past for the same amount of gold just feels like we were cheated.

It provides one to two DRM’s worth of currency. It’s a currency which takes considerable time to obtain. I’m pretty sure if the recipes only required 10 then this wouldn’t be an issue.

Well actually there was a time the home instance Kournan Supply Cache only gave 1 inscribed shard and a common unidentified gear.