Can't buy "Dragon Mastery Crystal 2" from a faction vendor

In my opinion, this is just terrible design.I don't like having to buy Masteries, especially if the currency only comes from mind-numbingly boring and disappointing grinds.

The least Arenanet could have done is hide the currently unavailable masteries, similar to what they did with the Raid masteries.Now, the people who care for Spirit Shards (if there even are such people) can't collect them.

@"Cynder.2509" said:I can't purchase the thing that is needed to unlock and train the "Great Champion" mastery track.Anyone perhaps having the same issue?

Yes it is clearly an issue. I am at my max at 346, I just got 347 and I am seeing other people with 349. So I know it can be done. This has to be bug!

@Kronos.3695 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It's because the episode is being piece-mealed further by content being locked behind global progression.

so what do you need to do, apparently not time gate as it is still not there today

what to do to progress?

Probably wait months until the second part of the episode...

I just submitted this as a bug for ARCNET to look at and hopefully fix. You might consider doing the same thing.

@ksgates.3509 said:

@"Cynder.2509" said:I can't purchase the thing that is needed to unlock and train the "Great Champion" mastery track.Anyone perhaps having the same issue?

Yes it is clearly an issue. I am at my max at 346, I just got 347 and I am seeing other people with 349. So I know it can be done. This has to be bug!

Not really a bug since I'm sitting at 349 which is the max at the moment before buying the 2nd crystal. The full max once all tracks are unlocked would be 358

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It's because the episode is being piece-mealed further by content being locked behind global progression.

hOW DO YOU EVEN DO THE GLOBAL PROGRESSION THOUGH? SORRY CAPs to lazy to rewrite :)

Mobilization Crystal Rewards > Rallying the Crystal Bloom? no idea how to do this still stuck at 0/5plus buying 5 things from that erikson vendor did nothing to progress anything

@Kelly.7019 said:

hOW DO YOU EVEN DO THE GLOBAL PROGRESSION THOUGH? SORRY CAPs to lazy to rewrite :)

Mobilization Crystal Rewards > Rallying the Crystal Bloom? no idea how to do this still stuck at 0/5plus buying 5 things from that erikson vendor did nothing to progress anything

You need to exchange five of the blue crystals with the female Awakened Crystal Bloom vendor.

@Fueki.4753 said:

You need to exchange five of the blue crystals with the female Awakened Crystal Bloom vendor.

thanks that worked! i guess map chat isn't too good for correct info :)

@Kelly.7019 said:

thanks that worked! i guess map chat isn't too good for correct info :)

Map chat is never good for anything these days. That's why I have it turned off. It might have been good a few years ago but the quality has dropped with every year since 2012 in my opinion.

@Bandito Baba.4921 said:So I have 5 blue crystals, vendor who had the first crystal has no more - will check back tomorrow. If someone has the answer it would be great to know (i.e. is it the same vendor as the first crystal and how do you get the second one to show, yes I have completed the first two masteries of the track)...

You cant wait 18 more hours when the patch should hit tomorrow

24 hours later, no info... Not a problem if its a bug but why dont they say its a bug?

Overall I agree with the comments along the lines of single use masteries being underwhelming, particularly when they are not implemented well or explained. Will check again tomorrow - maybe its another time gate concept, add bugs that delay peoples progress :expressionless: