Expansion new weapon - not the pistol, the STAFF! (aka spear!)

swifti.2590

I mean a staff would be cool, but not as a spear. I agree that if a spear is added, it should be a spear.

I would see it as a BO Staff similar to how the Thief and Revenant use it. I see Mantras being a thing for Warrior for support/Healing thus calling the specialization MONK.

I could also see a Pistol/sword wielding pirate like specialization.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:I could also see a Pistol/sword wielding pirate like specialization.

Or the new elite spec could be called the Dualist, using two pistols.

Yes, but Anet given two weapons at once on a spec yet. If dual pistols are added, i can see then adding Off-Hand pistol as a core weapon and the mainhand pistol as a spec. Hopefully

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:I could also see a Pistol/sword wielding pirate like specialization.

Yes, but Anet given two weapons at once on a spec yet. If dual pistols are added, i can see then adding Off-Hand pistol as a core weapon and the mainhand pistol as a spec. Hopefully

Spellbreaker. Dual Daggers.

Dual wielding was supposed to be a specialty of the warrior after all.

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

Warrior being a 'weapons master' is the only class in the game that has all main hand weapons usable in the offhand as well (without having an elite spec to grant the other weapon). So you could say, that is the only thing that makes the warrior unique now, since every other class can provide the buffs the warrior used to provide to the party (Might being the big one).

@Smoosh.2718 said:

Or the new elite spec could be called the Dualist, using two pistols.I kinda don't want to have pistols on war cause ranged elite specks usually end up as total garbage or just don't use their ranged weapon in some cases, and we are talking about warrior here it doesn't have that many good traits or utilities to work with core traitlines in range. Pistols have to be next coming of god to be used and that would get them nerfed, so pistol warrior will be dead on arrival. A long range melee weapon on other hand would fit better and support specks tend to find their spots way easier then lets say yet another dps speck.

I'd rather have pistols because Warrior has pretty rubbish ranged weapons and really needs a good one.

If they go with Spear though I hope they go with Land Harpoon.I do not want to see Staff repurposed as a Spear because of how many incompatible staff Skins there are in the game.. there's all ready far too much sillyness with Daredevils and Revenants twirling around awkward looking Magic Staffs.. don't need more of that with Warriors throwing Bifrost like a Spear >.<

If they get Spear then make it use Harpoon's weapon and skin set.Sooner we can mix land and underwater weapons the better anyway since Anet can finally add more land weapons to the underwater weapon roster and significantly improve the build diversity and combat potential of underwater content.. a very very long time desire of mine personally.

@GewRoo.4172 said:Spear version of Staff is nice. Reviving Paragon would be 10/10 bc feels.

I really don not want to seem like a broken record here, but what will spear/staff bring that is new that its current weapons can not already do?I mean you could argue and say its going to be a two handed melee condi weapon.. but my oh my would that be boring to play. If they make it throwable, then it does the same thing as Rifle and Long bow.

Rather than thinking about what Guild Wars 1 was like, think about what the class is missing now, that it cannot currently do. This will be the most likely weapon that the warrior gets.

So realisticly there are these options:Focus Aura support / defence / offence1 handed range condi / power (please dont be condi its boring AF to play)2 handed melee condi

Will the Warrior ever get Sceptor? very hard to picture.Will Anet make spears land weapon? doubtable.Will Warrior get a shortbow? I seriously hope not, Longbow is the 'Condi' weapon Rifle is the Power

People always wish for things that they remember from the past, but when they finally get it, they drop it the moment they try it again. Ask for things that are new, not for things of old. Lets face it, you wouldnt go back to your monsterous ex now would you? So why wish for something that's already been done before.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@GewRoo.4172 said:Spear version of Staff is nice. Reviving Paragon would be 10/10 bc feels.

I really don not want to seem like a broken record here, but what will spear/staff bring that is new that its current weapons can not already do?I mean you could argue and say its going to be a two handed melee condi weapon.. but my oh my would that be boring to play. If they make it throwable, then it does the same thing as Rifle and Long bow.

Rather than thinking about what Guild Wars 1 was like, think about what the class is missing now, that it cannot currently do. This will be the most likely weapon that the warrior gets.

So realisticly there are these options:Focus Aura support / defence / offence1 handed range condi / power (please dont be condi its boring AF to play)2 handed melee condi

Will the Warrior ever get Sceptor? very hard to picture.Will Anet make spears land weapon? doubtable.Will Warrior get a shortbow? I seriously hope not, Longbow is the 'Condi' weapon Rifle is the Power

People always wish for things that they remember from the past, but when they finally get it, they drop it the moment they try it again. Ask for things that are new, not for things of old. Lets face it, you wouldnt go back to your monsterous ex now would you? So why wish for something that's already been done before.Somewhere I wrote about a Spear/Fist set with 8 skill and 1 to switch between them, so the fists are 130 range and the other is also 'melee' but with bigger range something like 450 or 600, so you know you use it like polearms are used, to poke someone from distance. I still don't get why two handed weapons don't have more reach then one handed in the game.

@Smoosh.2718 said:Focus Aura support / defence / offenceI'd rather not have even more Auras in the game.They already are too much of an eyesore.1 handed range condi / power (please dont be condi its boring AF to play)Since Arenanet makes sure ranged damaged on Warrior is subpar, these two options would automatically be subpar as well.Since subpar weapons get ditched quickly, Pistol would bring nothing to Warrior that Rifle and Longbow cant already do.2 handed melee condiWho is to say that a spear can't be a condi weapon?I'm certain you would bleed a lot if I pierced your belly with a spear over and over again.And the blunt parts of the spear could be utilized to apply cripple, daze, vulnerability and/or Weakness.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Focus Aura support / defence / offenceI'd rather not have even more Auras in the game.They already are too much of an eyesore.

Sorry I came off with the wrong words for this one, i meant as in a combat support role, like Warhorns function but provide buffs to those around. Would this be fun to use? probably not. It could be argued that the warrior already has this option with the warhorn (which does need some further tweeks for it to be good to use with power based mainhands.

1 handed range condi / power (please dont be condi its boring AF to play)Since Arenanet makes sure ranged damaged on Warrior is subpar, these two options would automatically be subpar as well.Since subpar weapons get ditched quickly, Pistol would bring nothing to Warrior that Rifle and Longbow cant already do.

Aye they do have a track record for making warriors ranged options not the best, In PvE there is no reason not to make the ranged skills for all classes do near enough the same damage, for PvP however base vitality of the class needs to be taken into account, for PvP and WvW The Pistol mainhand should be more of a bruiser role, while the offhand maintains a burst role, one thing that would be amazing to see is Anet change skill 4 on pistol depending on what mainhand weapon you have equiped but skills 1 2 and 3 stay the same regardless of offhand (yes im taking a thief thing here, but it would essentially allow you to use the pistol in any circumstance.)

Skill 4 could then become a condi attack, a CC or a power attack.

Do I seriously want to see this in the game? yes I do, I even made HOPE ready for this. Too much in the game currently is screaming Pistol is warriors next weapon, which I have stated before and pointed to why I honestly believe this.. enough to spend 2,000 gold on crafting a weapon.

2 handed melee condiWho is to say that a spear can't be a condi weapon?I'm certain you would bleed a lot if I pierced your belly with a spear over and over again.And the blunt parts of the spear could be utilized to apply cripple, daze, vulnerability and/or Weakness.

Yes Spear could be a condi weapon, bleeding however the warrior does enough of with sword, At most spear would cause torment, unless they decided to make it a fire spear. However, Personally staff/spear/condi weapons I never enjoy using, something about them just does not feel/seem visibly pleasing.

@"Vancho.8750" said:Somewhere I wrote about a Spear/Fist set with 8 skill and 1 to switch between them, so the fists are 130 range and the other is also 'melee' but with bigger range something like 450 or 600, so you know you use it like polearms are used, to poke someone from distance. I still don't get why two handed weapons don't have more reach then one handed in the game.

Focus melee could be interesting to see, however, there are no fitting legendary weapon skins for it. Still not keen on Spear at all, I still don't believe it brings enough to the table that the other weapons already do.

As for the range, its a little borked, Warriors kick states range 300, yet it actually does 280. Ranger kick states range 270, but it actually does 380ish range.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kick_%28warrior_utility_skill%29https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kick_(soulbeast)

I can understand why melee weapons have the same range, if all 2h weapons had longer range than a 1h, Why would you pick a 1h?

@Smoosh.2718 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Focus Aura support / defence / offenceI'd rather not have even more Auras in the game.They already are too much of an eyesore.

Sorry I came off with the wrong words for this one, i meant as in a combat support role, like Warhorns function but provide buffs to those around. Would this be fun to use? probably not. It could be argued that the warrior already has this option with the warhorn (which does need some further tweeks for it to be good to use with power based mainhands.

1 handed range condi / power (please dont be condi its boring AF to play)Since Arenanet makes sure ranged damaged on Warrior is subpar, these two options would automatically be subpar as well.Since subpar weapons get ditched quickly, Pistol would bring nothing to Warrior that Rifle and Longbow cant already do.

Aye they do have a track record for making warriors ranged options not the best, In PvE there is no reason not to make the ranged skills for all classes do near enough the same damage, for PvP however base vitality of the class needs to be taken into account, for PvP and WvW The Pistol mainhand should be more of a bruiser role, while the offhand maintains a burst role, one thing that would be amazing to see is Anet change skill 4 on pistol depending on what mainhand weapon you have equiped but skills 1 2 and 3 stay the same regardless of offhand (yes im taking a thief thing here, but it would essentially allow you to use the pistol in any circumstance.)

Skill 4 could then become a condi attack, a CC or a power attack.

Do I seriously want to see this in the game? yes I do, I even made HOPE ready for this. Too much in the game currently is screaming Pistol is warriors next weapon, which I have stated before and pointed to why I honestly believe this.. enough to spend 2,000 gold on crafting a weapon.

2 handed melee condiWho is to say that a spear can't be a condi weapon?I'm certain you would bleed a lot if I pierced your belly with a spear over and over again.And the blunt parts of the spear could be utilized to apply cripple, daze, vulnerability and/or Weakness.

Yes Spear could be a condi weapon, bleeding however the warrior does enough of with sword, At most spear would cause torment, unless they decided to make it a fire spear. However, Personally staff/spear/condi weapons I never enjoy using, something about them just does not feel/seem visibly pleasing.

Warhorn needs a proper support mainhand.

Pistol OH would have to be a burst DPS.

I'd be down with Pistol 4 changing based on the MH. You'd have to do that for the other weapon combinations too though.

Spear could do cripple, immobilize, weakness, and torment if it happened, but the spear trait is power.