[Character Creation] Camping Characters During Prologue ?

Hello there,Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm sure some of you have already experienced something strange coming from the game itself.Maybe some of us can't be bothered to submit a ticket (hackers logged in the ticket database) or complain about it on the forums (account suspended) but today i decide to expose what is really going on.Everytime a player creates a new character on a newly created account the default base stats are automatically attributed after completing character creation.For example : 498 Health on a lvl 2 Necromancer (After completing The Prologue)However, after completing "The Prologue" and clicking on the LvL 2 reward box, sometimes there is a different visual display with either :

Reward : 1765 expReward : 1680 expReward : 1965 exporReward : 2000 exp (Most common)

Note : The visual exp reward differs from a fresh installation to another. However after clicking the "Accept Reward" it gives 2052 exp as it should be.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defending_Shaemoor#Rewards

Or, any of the other L1 instances.

Thank you for sharing the link.Why would the experience vary from 0 to 2000 in a L1 instance ?When the player is LvL 80, the player gets the same amount of XP for completing a meta event or discovering a POI so this is kinda confusing

I have a guess:

The tutorial is designed to prepare you for the adventure in GW2, which ultimately results in getting lifted to level 2. In order to reach the levelup, a total amount of 2,000 EXP is required. Upon completing the mission, the game makes sure you will reach the levelup, so it checks your current EXP and just adds what is missing towards 2,000. The more mobs you kill, the less additional EXP is required to reach level 2, which means you get less bonus EXP in the end.

Characters which are already level 2 or above get a fixed amount of exp. I guess it is a simple If query:If level = 1add EXP = 2,000 - Current EXPElseadd EXP = 2,000End

Looks a bit complicated and sort of overkill. Why not add 2,000 EXP straight? I assume the mechanic was used on more events and actually served a purpose back then. Maybe it was copy/pasted to the tutorial or they just forgot to remove it. As long as the code works, you should not touch it ^^.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:I have a guess:

The tutorial is designed to prepare you for the adventure in GW2, which ultimately results in getting lifted to level 2. In order to reach the levelup, a total amount of 2,000 EXP is required. Upon completing the mission, the game makes sure you will reach the levelup, so it checks your current EXP and just adds what is missing towards 2,000. The more mobs you kill, the less additional EXP is required to reach level 2, which means you get less bonus EXP in the end.

Characters which are already level 2 or above get a fixed amount of exp. I guess it is a simple If query:If level = 1add EXP = 2,000 - Current EXPElseadd EXP = 2,000End

Looks a bit complicated and sort of overkill. Why not add 2,000 EXP straight? I assume the mechanic was used on more events and actually served a purpose back then. Maybe it was copy/pasted to the tutorial or they just forgot to remove it. As long as the code works, you should not touch it ^^.

It's been years since I tested it but that's my understanding too, the tutorial reward is always exactly enough XP to get to level 2, so you'll get less XP if you killed more stuff in the instance.

I'm not sure what happens if you're over level 2, I don't think I checked that.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:I have a guess:

It's been years since I tested it but that's my understanding too, the tutorial reward is always exactly enough XP to get to level 2, so you'll get less XP if you killed more stuff in the instance.

That's an interesting input.However, you don't receive exp at all in a L1 instance. No matter if you kill mobs or just stand there the reward is the same.

@"The Light In The Darkness.5789" said:

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:I have a guess:

That's an interesting input.However, you don't receive exp at all in a L1 instance. No matter if you kill mobs or just stand there the reward is the same.

Yes you do:WDGSX3xh.jpg

You can see the same in your screenshots - the XP bar is starting to fill up even before you accept the reward for completing the instance.

Also, if you get to level 2 before completing the tutorial you get no XP at all in the reward:uXl4YIuh.jpg