Connection Error: Retrying

@kbrighton.4530 said:

@kbrighton.4530 said:I was literally going back and forth with them for over a week before they finally acknowledged it was an issue. Thankfully, they seem to have some devs working on it.

With who? It's a windows problem on the insider fast/dev ring, They know and are fixing it. Look
in the known issues 5th point.

I was going back and forth with support starting on the 19th, I think, when I first noticed it, which seems to be about the time it was happening. It took them a while to acknowledge there was an issue.

Are you an insider on the fast ring? As that is the day after it was released and if you are and your version of w10 is 20150 or 20152 then you WILL have the problem.

Yeah, fast ring. And I figured that out and told them about it fairly quickly when I had my ticket in (I verified that it was working on my fiancee's computer, disabled firewalls, etc). It was just kind of frustrating it took the majority of the week for them to acknowledge it to me on the ticket. At this point, all I can do is wait for either Windows to fix it or (if they need to) for ArenaNet to update their clients to work with the changes.

Nah it's a bug if you go back to 19645 it works perfect, They changed something in the kernel and it's causing a lot of programs to either crash or just not work when starting up. They know what it is they are just taking their sweet time to put the fix out in a new build.

@slayerking.3581 said:

@kbrighton.4530 said:I was literally going back and forth with them for over a week before they finally acknowledged it was an issue. Thankfully, they seem to have some devs working on it.

With who? It's a windows problem on the insider fast/dev ring, They know and are fixing it. Look

I was going back and forth with support starting on the 19th, I think, when I first noticed it, which seems to be about the time it was happening. It took them a while to acknowledge there was an issue.

Are you an insider on the fast ring? As that is the day after it was released and if you are and your version of w10 is 20150 or 20152 then you WILL have the problem.

Yeah, fast ring. And I figured that out and told them about it fairly quickly when I had my ticket in (I verified that it was working on my fiancee's computer, disabled firewalls, etc). It was just kind of frustrating it took the majority of the week for them to acknowledge it to me on the ticket. At this point, all I can do is wait for either Windows to fix it or (if they need to) for ArenaNet to update their clients to work with the changes.

Nah it's a bug if you go back to 19645 it works perfect, They changed something in the kernel and it's causing a lot of programs to either crash or just not work when starting up. They know what it is they are just taking their sweet time to put the fix out in a new build.

No, I get that. I was just saying that it was frustrating that ArenaNet support didn't acknowledge that it was a bug for close to a week in the ticket I had open with them.

@kbrighton.4530 said:

No, I get that. I was just saying that it was frustrating that ArenaNet support didn't acknowledge that it was a bug for close to a week in the ticket I had open with them.

To be fair how would they know of a windows development bug? They really only have to support the official release and an insider version is not that and certainly not the fast ring, We take that burden on ourselves when we use it. You should check out the insider forums bugs get listed pretty quick

@slayerking.3581 said:

To be fair how would they know of a windows development bug? They really only have to support the official release and an insider version is not that and certainly not the fast ring, We take that burden on ourselves when we use it. You should check out the
bugs get listed pretty quick

The frustration was mostly due to the fact that I was trying to report a bug to them and they ignored it, especially something that could become an issue for them in the future, should it be a breaking change in Windows, or that will be causing trouble for them for people who were running the same person. I provided logs (which were ignored), did a lot of debugging to try and figure it out myself, and validated that it was just an issue on the fast ring, and it basically fell on deaf ears in the support ticket. Any way, like I said, I'm just happy that it's been acknowledged, and that people won't have to go through the same level of frustration that I did, as they can just ask 'Are you running Insider? Known bug, it'll be fixed.'

@kbrighton.4530 said:

To be fair how would they know of a windows development bug? They really only have to support the official release and an insider version is not that and certainly not the fast ring, We take that burden on ourselves when we use it. You should check out the
bugs get listed pretty quick

The frustration was mostly due to the fact that I was trying to report a bug to them and they ignored it, especially something that could become an issue for them in the future, should it be a breaking change in Windows, or that will be causing trouble for them for people who were running the same person. I provided logs (which were ignored), did a lot of debugging to try and figure it out myself, and validated that it was just an issue on the fast ring, and it basically fell on deaf ears in the support ticket. Any way, like I said, I'm just happy that it's been acknowledged, and that people won't have to go through the same level of frustration that I did, as they can just ask 'Are you running Insider? Known bug, it'll be fixed.'

I understand. I reported it via ticket here myself the day 20150 was released just to report it had broken the game launcher and was met with the same sort of replies. But I just said nah I'm making a report I don't need help.

@"Neobest.7930" said:i still cant work my friends lancher to work he still changed to build 20161 and still nothing same error

The error on the launcher means it's failing to connect to the patch server, or is being interrupted while trying to download.

You can test your connection using your browser:

http://assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com/latest64/101Alternate: http://origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com/latest64/101

If it also fails, ensure the hosts file hasn't been modified and reset your DNS. If it works however, other software is likely interfering with GW2.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"Neobest.7930" said:i still cant work my friends lancher to work he still changed to build 20161 and still nothing same error

The error on the launcher means it's failing to connect to the patch server, or is being interrupted while trying to download.

You can test your connection using your browser:

Alternate:

If it also fails, ensure the hosts file hasn't been modified and reset your DNS. If it works however, other software is likely interfering with GW2.

Ive already reset the dns on other times and ive run the lancher without ant virus and with exception on the firewall gona test the conection if thats not work i dont now what to do realy and it sucks because i will realy wanna play the game with my best friend and he was hype to try out and we are going circles arond this suck problem

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Valdrie.2781 said:I've tried several different things and nothing will take my game past the opening page where the game gives me a connection issue and says its retrying but then freezes. I'm at a loss at how to fix it...

Perhaps a Windows update caused the issue. At least, that's what I take from previous posts. It's always wise to make back-ups of the Windows partition frequently so that you can revert to a healthy state in case a Windows update (or something else) screws up the system.

@slayerking.3581 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:So glad I always choose the 'delay update for a month or two' option.

Thanks for the information.

It's an insider build, You can't delay builds in it so sounds like you don't have it.

Besides, the best option is still: https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-6/ :+1: