No weapon traits except specializations

Silesium.5623

Because weapons were initially Powerful, low-cooldown, Energy costing, as such, they have no real need for any specialized Weapon traits to make them stronger.

Over the years, the weapons were nerfed to the point of normality (on the same level as other professions) that they can be technically seen as "lacklustre" due to them taking resource to cast.

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Traits for weapons were always a horrible idea tbh so im glad they didnt. Rest as above

Honestly I really love weapon traits, especially ones like Necro's GM trait that actually alters scepter 3. I wish something like that existed in Salvation, for example, to help make it a better support weapon.

Also in the horribly hyper-niche spot hammer is in, I think a trait could benefit it too. The shield trait also gave it a wonderful purpose of helping with condi management.

• 4 weeks later...

@Za Shaloc.3908 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Traits for weapons were always a horrible idea tbh so im glad they didnt. Rest as above

Honestly I really love weapon traits, especially ones like Necro's GM trait that actually alters scepter 3. I wish something like that existed in Salvation, for example, to help make it a better support weapon.

Also in the horribly hyper-niche spot hammer is in, I think a trait could benefit it too. The shield trait also gave it a wonderful purpose of helping with condi management.

Wish we had more of these too, they're awesome. Simple damage modifiers are boring, changing how skills work is far more interesting.

that's untrue,if you only looking at weapon traits like cd reduction, there's no literally point because cd is already super low, most are just preventing single-skill spamming.

short bow has pierce and bleed damage increaseShiro has damage increase for one-handerssalvation buff healing orbs so it buffs staff as staff spawns healing orbcorrupt gives torment for chill, which also buff offhand axe

be thankful that these traits not only work for weapon skills but also legend skills and general.why would you want to "increase torment damage by 10% only when wielding mace"it limits so many things

if you look at how anet changes trait for the past years, they have been reducing weapon traits or making weapon traits applies effect outside of specific weapon.because weapon traits are garbo.look at warrior, now greatsword trait is changed to increases power and give might without greatsword and hammer trait also gives benefit for CC without a hammer.

also for how little weapon rev has access to, we want them to be viable for general use and for build crafting, instead of limiting certain weapon to specific trait line, we already have legend for that.