We won't reach T5 rewards!

Raizel.1839

Thinking a little more I think this lack of interest illustrates a general problem with the reward systems in the game. Maybe people are saving for the axe but other than that the main thing to buy at the moment are Crystal Bloom Support Boxes.

A Crystal Bloom Support Box costs 2 Support Marks, I'm going for the 10 I need for the achievement, so I just opened one and got about 40 materials out of it. Some Scales, Cloth and Leather.

As a daily, you can currently get 1 Support Mark for making 3 donations of between 50 and 200 crafting mats to the Faction Vendor so it costs between 150 and 600 crafting mats to get 1 Support Mark. It costs between 300 and 1200 crafting mats to get the 2 you need for a single Crystal Bloom Support Box. Which will give you 40 or so materials back. Sure there's a fantastically tiny chance of getting something better, In this case a "Rare" drop for the Axe skin and a "Super Rare" drop chance of getting a Amalgamated Gemstone. Sure you can get the Support Marks in other ways but let's not forget that this donation is something that ArenaNet decided to put in there. They thought this was a good idea. That this was reasonable.

I mean, seriously, a "Super Rare" chance to get a crafting mat. That means a tiny fraction of a percent chance of getting one. Perhaps people have finally started to realise that these kind of Bonus Boxes are simply not worth the effort or cost.

There's only 2 reasons why I would currently play through the latest release again. However, the second reason is very temporary and depends on how fast I can grind it out.

1. I enjoy the completion of story on alts. I have 70 characters and finishing the story on each can be a long grind, but I find it intensely satisfying.
  2. Currently the second reason is because one needs 480 Pristmaticite Crystals to make the Dragon Slayer set, and those are limited each day to at best 8 (6 from cheevos, 1-2 from the home instance node), but completing a story step gives you one as a reward (and they do drop from the DRM chests too).

I imagine most people don't find the first reason satisfying enough to replay it. Especially when there is a literal 10 minutes of exposition immediately after starting the new chapter. Games that stop the gameplay for exposition are absolutely grating, especially when they try to incentivise you to play through it on alts. When that exposition is unskippable it devalues the story and tells the player "we don't care about your time".

Its kind of a fail in the delivery and explanation of this release:1)The tokens, timer and faction cadence- not explained anywhere so in our confusion were not really hyped or motivated to do the content2)Also, the DRMs themselves are wonky, LFG doesn't work as well as it should (party and not a squad), if you DC you cannot get back inside the instance and get no rewards and if the leader of the instance leaves before your get your chest you are SOL. Happened to me a few times so my motivation to do them pre-patched is next to none.3) How and why was this allowed to be released with little or no playesting? This content is BETA lol

Particularly as we now know what the tier boxes contain, it's not worth wasting time on.> @Solanum.6983 said:

I think they expected the missions to be played a lot more than people have.Personally, I did 4 total. 3 of them were part of the story and I tried one again the next day but I just can't see myself doing them again. @ugrakarma.9416 said:i would prefer spend weekend on drizzlewood coast than this.

Pretty much this. I soloed each mission for the questline (it is literally as hard as a story instance) and went to Drizzlewood for the meta with voices. XP bars filled, job done. (now all I need to do for a few days is login, buy some cheap keys and do it all again when the next mastery comes)

ArenaNet probably calculated with data used for other similar events (Boss Rush, Fractal Rush) - where the content mostly can be played without playing earlier stuff. Here ... more people might still do older stuff trying to play in chronological order - not just jump to the latest content cause they make some event there.

Therefore less players participating here.

The rewards will have a role but I think it may be more an issue that we don't know where this content is going and therefore we don't know when to apply work. If the population of DRMs grows and we can later upgrade our allies in the DRM, why play now? If this is all there is to DRMs why play more than once? There is so much obvious future potential in DRMs and players know the potential cost of applying work to early. That is where I am. Right now the community goal and reward is simply not interesting enough.

The studio is metric focused which can lead to scenarios where the playerbase and the studio are caught in a codependent stalemate. Both waiting for the other to reveal themselves.

In a weird way I'd be kind of glad to see one of these fail, to prove that they're genuinely based on player activity and not automatically progressing no matter what.

I'm sure some people will say it only proves this one is real and the rest could have been fake, but it seems unlikely Anet would guarentee a random bonus event succeeds and then let the one that's part of the story fail.

I think Anet forgot that many held back playing Drizzlewood stories as well due to the no Voice Acting thing. All these players are playing this before doing Champions. For the rest, it ain't really farmable (1x a day thing as you need its currencies which only drop from dailies) and they may have set the bar too high as well. This all excluding the "its utterly boring and one can spend his/her time more fun in the same game" bit.

Regardless of that, I think they will just autocomplete it to Tier 5 (they have autocompleted bars in the past on com events that either bugged or seemed way too slow speed to even reach the end), or who knows this tier thing continues after the day counter is gone. Like we get a new DRM or whatever added and the bonus event we are on is gonna continue till idk next release in January. We just don't know.

Looking the way it is now, we only reach tier 3 today (EU), so it would be very, very unrealistic that tier 5 would be achieved within the next 20 hours or so. If it does, then we do know it's a fake "win".Anyway, I thought I would play it more, at least do the dailies, but for the last two days, I couldn't get myself to do one single DRM. Not even for the dailies! I started a new character instead and have a lot more fun replaying the story and clearing some achievements along the way. I also did a little WvW each day on my "main" (to finish the Gift of Battle track). I think, for me, personally - not speaking for any other players - there just isn't enough of an incentive to do these boring missions again and again and again. There's a lot wrong with them, too. I got booted out three times (well, once was because I rode over the map boundary by accident), then had to do it all again from the start. Not fun. I'm a PvE player, and I'd rather do WvW than these missions!

@Danikat.8537 said:In a weird way I'd be kind of glad to see one of these fail, to prove that they're genuinely based on player activity and not automatically progressing no matter what.

I'm in the camp that thinks it progresses no matter what, so It's certainly going to be interesting to see what happens tomorrow when the timer does not reach tier 5. I am wondering will we get a new timer with the same or similar rewards for next week or will the timer continue from where it is, or will there be no timer at all. The lack of rewards from the tiers makes me think that this community event is not a one week thing, we may get a new one each week. Tomorrow will be telling.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:In a weird way I'd be kind of glad to see one of these fail, to prove that they're genuinely based on player activity and not automatically progressing no matter what.

I'm in the camp that thinks it progresses no matter what, so It's certainly going to be interesting to see what happens tomorrow when the timer does not reach tier 5. I am wondering will we get a new timer with the same or similar rewards for next week or will the timer continue from where it is, or will there be no timer at all. The lack of rewards from the tiers makes me think that this community event is not a one week thing, we may get a new one each week. Tomorrow will be telling.

Not sure what you mean by 'lack of rewards'. Did you not pick up your Tiers 1 and 2 ( and 3 if it's now available) rewards from the NPC?

Or are you referring to some other rewards?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not sure what you mean by 'lack of rewards'. Did you not pick up your Tiers 1 and 2 ( and 3 if it's now available) rewards from the NPC?

Wait you have to pick up your own rewards instead of a chest notification? What is the NPC called? I totally missed that

@TVerhoeven.1350 said:

Wait you have to pick up your own rewards instead of a chest notification? What is the NPC called? I totally missed that

It's the little Asuran between the 2 vendors.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not sure what you mean by 'lack of rewards'.

Lack : the state of being without or not having enough of something.

In this case the latter.

@TVerhoeven.1350 said:

Yes, and you can now pick up Tier 3 Rewards, as well.Not that the rewards are special. Only Tier 4 has something that could, but unlikely award something special.