Need help finding a good roaming class

Zape.2094

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:

@nsk.4762 said:

@Zape.2094 said:...Warrior (I know the shoutbreaker build is super popular, but thats only for zergs right? Is there any roaming builds for this?)...

Hi. I'm running roaming spec shoutbreaker in these days. It's pretty fun :smiley:

Build is here ->

This one actually look really fun, I might give it a try! :) One last question for all of you guys (you've all been super helpful btw) - Which class would you generally take for picking off stragglers in a zerg? What I mean is, I love to go behind an enemy zerg and kind of nuke their backline and people who arent stacking well.... For this obviously I need a lot of range, so staff ele or longbow ranger come to my mind, but the staff ele seems way too squishy.... Ranger however doesnt seem like it can do enough damage to actually kill anybody and seems to have pretty poor AoE on the longbow. Am I wrong?

Thanks!

Forget staff Ele, for decent damage to pick off stragglers you're going very glassy, and as soon as you're noticed you're focused and have to withdraw. Plus the majority of projectiles are so bloody slow you never hit anything moving faster than a walk. The extra 300 range on Longbow is brutal. Most annoying way to die is at 1500 pewpewpew range when your cool-downs are gone. In most cases when I'm picked off it's either an opportunistic Thief, an aggressive Reaper with full shroud or a kitten pewpew Ranger. As an added bonus your unmerged pet will follow a target for miles, and then add to that using "snap to target" ground targeting means you get to drop longbow 5 on targets behind walls.

That actually makes sense and sounds pretty damn annoying indeed. I might look more into the Ranger option, although I gotta say I really have having a pet lol. Thanks!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@MarzAttakz.9608 said:Most annoying way to die is at 1500 pewpewpew range when your cool-downs are gone.Its about 1800 range since it hits well beyond the max specced range, not 1500. Just to be technically correct.

Absolutely, any elevation advantage to the Ranger and well... Although to be fair there are times when Fire Staff #1 gains a range advantage too.

@Zape.2094 said:

@nsk.4762 said:

@Zape.2094 said:...Warrior (I know the shoutbreaker build is super popular, but thats only for zergs right? Is there any roaming builds for this?)...

Hi. I'm running roaming spec shoutbreaker in these days. It's pretty fun :smiley:

Build is here ->

This one actually look really fun, I might give it a try! :) One last question for all of you guys (you've all been super helpful btw) - Which class would you generally take for picking off stragglers in a zerg? What I mean is, I love to go behind an enemy zerg and kind of nuke their backline and people who arent stacking well.... For this obviously I need a lot of range, so staff ele or longbow ranger come to my mind, but the staff ele seems way too squishy.... Ranger however doesnt seem like it can do enough damage to actually kill anybody and seems to have pretty poor AoE on the longbow. Am I wrong?

Thanks!

Forget staff Ele, for decent damage to pick off stragglers you're going very glassy, and as soon as you're noticed you're focused and have to withdraw. Plus the majority of projectiles are so bloody slow you never hit anything moving faster than a walk. The extra 300 range on Longbow is brutal. Most annoying way to die is at 1500 pewpewpew range when your cool-downs are gone. In most cases when I'm picked off it's either an opportunistic Thief, an aggressive Reaper with full shroud or a kitten pewpew Ranger. As an added bonus your unmerged pet will follow a target for miles, and then add to that using "snap to target" ground targeting means you get to drop longbow 5 on targets behind walls.

That actually makes sense and sounds pretty kitten annoying indeed. I might look more into the Ranger option, although I gotta say I really have having a pet lol. Thanks!

If you're running Soul Beast then you have a choice when to merge, gaining: additional character stats, extra trait procs and 3 "extra" skills. Pet in or pet out are situational, the only thing you lose by being able to merge, is in combat pet swap but that's not the end of the world either.

if u want to roam as in 1v1, just get some pvp build.

for just clearing camps fast, many casual pve builds are fine. build doesn't even matter that much if u have a good aoe class like necro, guardian or rev.warrior etc works as well, but comparing warrior and the other mentioned classes, you have to be way more cautious. (u on the other hand gotta be more cautious about enemy roamers either way, because it isn't uncommon that they just open fire at sight)