Glob of Dark matter?

As Randulf said, whatever method you use to get exotics make sure you use the highest tier salvage kit you can, because that will improve your chances of getting Dark Matter.

If you're not in any hurry to get them you could salvage the item you get from the Chest of Exotic Equipment to get them, but since you only get 1 chest per month it would take a long time to get them that way. Other than that it's probably a matter of buying the cheapest exotics you can from the Trading Post. According to the Wiki it only comes from exotics above level 68, but I think ones below that level are account bound anyway.

@"Randulf.7614" said:They're fairly common with the right salvage kit so you wouldn't need to buy exotics in excess.

Black Lion kits are a big help here if you have any. If you don't, use the highest tier salvage kit you do have

I do have some Black lion kits, yeah!I knew i was saving them for something! :smiley: I just never knew what to use them on.Good to know i won't be "wasting" them, i'll use those on the exotics then, thanks!

@"Danikat.8537" said:As Randulf said, whatever method you use to get exotics make sure you use the highest tier salvage kit you can, because that will improve your chances of getting Dark Matter.

If you're not in any hurry to get them you could salvage the item you get from the Chest of Exotic Equipment to get them, but since you only get 1 chest per month it would take a long time to get them that way. Other than that it's probably a matter of buying the cheapest exotics you can from the Trading Post. According to the Wiki it only comes from exotics above level 68, but I think ones below that level are account bound anyway.

Yeah, that's what i thought. I'll scour the TP for a few cheap ones. Maybe unlock some skins in the process, they unlock by salvaging so that's a bonus. :tongue:

Though, mostly all i could find before was lvl 80 expensive stuff. I never saw an exotic below lvl 80, is that even possible?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, that's what i thought. I'll scour the TP for a few cheap ones. Maybe unlock some skins in the process, they unlock by salvaging so that's a bonus. :tongue:

Though, mostly all i could find before was lvl 80 expensive stuff. I never saw an exotic below lvl 80, is that even possible?

On the TP, highlight Armor category, set filter to Any Profession and Exotic. Then, using the headers, sort by the Price column. Cheapest exotics should be 25-30 silver.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

On the TP, highlight
Armor
category, set filter to
Any Profession
and
Exotic
. Then, using the headers, sort by the
Price
column. Cheapest exotics should be 25-30 silver.

Really? That cheap? :open_mouth:Nice!

This gives me hope lol, thank you! :smile:

Just watch the level range. Also if your doing armor I would go for leather as you might get some money back for the leather. Or if there is a material you need besides dark matter.Wiki states: " Salvaging high level exotic gear yields between 0 and 3 Globs of Dark Matter. Using a Master's Salvage Kit, the estimated average is ~0.5 globs per exotic for exotic gear level 68 or better.[1]. Using a Black Lion Salvage Kit, the estimated average is ~1 glob per exotic for exotic gear level 68 or higher.[2]""

@"Deedrick.4372" said:Just watch the level range. Also if your doing armor I would go for leather as you might get some money back for the leather. Or if there is a material you need besides dark matter.Wiki states: " Salvaging high level exotic gear yields between 0 and 3 Globs of Dark Matter. Using a Master's Salvage Kit, the estimated average is ~0.5 globs per exotic for exotic gear level 68 or better.[1]. Using a Black Lion Salvage Kit, the estimated average is ~1 glob per exotic for exotic gear level 68 or higher.[2]""

Hey, good thinking! I completely disregarded that i'll get other materials back as well. I was so focused on globs haha.But yeah, i'll order up some leather armor, then salvage that as well. Right now i ordered heavy armor, mostly just skins that i don't own so i can just have them haha.Buseness and pleasure all at once. :tongue:

i'll order up some armor of all variety, i need cloth too.