More mounts in Wvw (look)

DoLoR.7568

The fact that we got only warclaw in wvw i think its too simple, while other game modes get to enjoy their mounts. I know it has to do with balance, but how about adding jackal in wvw and make it with 2 dodges and same functionality as warclaw. You basically adding more fun in wvw and diversity. Plus there aren’t that many warclaw options anyways. So everybody is the same.

How is there even diversity in having mounts? In my opinion all the introduction of mounts did was

a) giving players the chance to avoid fighting on small scale by running and dodging with mountb) if engaging possibly forcing the enemy to burn cooldowns bc of second health barc) baiting an enemies dodge or evade when joining a fight
d) maybe (!) moving a little bit faster on mape) flexing with shiny skins (i am fine with that)

That was not even a desirable development imho. If your new mount has the "same functionality" this will not add anything of importance or relevance. No diversity imo.

You can have for example jackal mount having the same running speed and same dodges, but maybe add different skills, maybe instead of maul you add a support skill when you dismount, mounts help you to move around the map and makes the game more interesting, with the warclaw arrow you can easily dismount someone if you do it right, but having only one mount for me its too simple. You can definitely add new things that will make the game more fun. I like the fact that warclaw has some skills that you can use in wvw. Add jackal as a support mount.

@DoLoR.7568 said:You can have for example jackal mount having the same running speed and same dodges, but maybe add different skills, maybe instead of maul you add a support skill when you dismount, mounts help you to move around the map and makes the game more interesting, with the warclaw arrow you can easily dismount someone if you do it right, but having only one mount for me its too simple. You can definitely add new things that will make the game more fun. I like the fact that warclaw has some skills that you can use in wvw. Add jackal as a support mount.

Oh, now i understand. Well, that maybe would be a step in the right direction although I think mounts were and still are a terrible feature. I don't know how to feel about this honestly since I'm under the impression giving mounts even more importance by actually making them useful in terms of strategy and (supportive) gameplay would give small scale groups and roaming an even harder time.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:You should rely on your builds instead of your mount.

Mounts allow for that while giving a little more freedom to pick your battles.

Before the Warclaw you constantly had to deal with sacrificing your build for mobility in order to make traversing the map actually tolerable.. this always led to getting ambushed without a viable build and getting cheap killed for it..This being one of the main reasons why Thief has been so ruthlessly despised for years because it excelled at screwing people like that in unfair fights.It's still very good at ambushing and has tons of stealth and dodges but at least now people don't get caught with the wrong traits, weapons or skills equipped anymore thanks largely to the Warclaw.

@GewRoo.4172 said:

@DoLoR.7568 said:You can have for example jackal mount having the same running speed and same dodges, but maybe add different skills, maybe instead of maul you add a support skill when you dismount, mounts help you to move around the map and makes the game more interesting, with the warclaw arrow you can easily dismount someone if you do it right, but having only one mount for me its too simple. You can definitely add new things that will make the game more fun. I like the fact that warclaw has some skills that you can use in wvw. Add jackal as a support mount.

Oh, now i understand. Well, that maybe would be a step in the right direction although I think mounts were and still are a terrible feature. I don't know how to feel about this honestly since I'm under the impression giving mounts even more importance by actually making them useful in terms of strategy and (supportive) gameplay would give small scale groups and roaming an even harder time.

i think mounts brought good side and bad sides.. i think they should rework warclaw in wvw.. increase movement speed if there are 0 enemies in x radiusand lower it by alow when there are enemies within the radius . reduce it further after being hit .and remove the evade from the jump skill..

in my opinion.. the warclaw should be a mean to get faster into the fight and not a tool to avoid the fighting..