Wouldn't it be amazing if Soulbeast could replace Guardian in WvW?

anduriell.6280

If the spec would get the few buffs needed to make that possible, wouldn't it be great? The chance to give all those guardian mains the possibility to keep their role in the squad with another class..

Soulbeast is almost there with stances, such a shame the trait only shares a meaningless duration. Moa (the pet) brings another group heal such a shame the range is so short. Such a waste of the lost opportunity with merged skills too.

Well what do you think? Wouldn't it be great to have the opportunity to replace the guardian with soulbeasts?

@"Swagger.1459" said:Just wondering, why are you again trying to change what was designed to be a condition melee spec into a super support spec? Are you not aware of the Druid's design function and how much attention it needs as a support elite?I don't know Swagger, the Soulbeast has been a mess of a bit of everything from the get-go. Its weapons say conditions (or hybrid), its utilities say group-support and its unique spec mechanic has always had far more power options than condition options.

It could be perfectly logical to redesign most of it around a melee damage group-utility role akin to vanilla core Guards and actually derive some mobility functionality from that to make other support classes more appealing in tandem with Soulbeasts, instead of adding more of that utility directly to those support classes as has been discussed.

That doesn't have to take from giving better functioning group-utility to the Druid based on what the Druid was designed around.

To put it as crude as possible: Making Soulbeasts damage- and stab bots does not take from making Druids better heal- and stealth bots.

I can't even count the times I have suggested just removing the pre-nerfed state of Soulbeast stances (half uptime, not benefiting from traits) and giving the Druid some of the Spirit/Nature magic mechanics back in form of glyphs and traits, like it used to have (or just changing the mechanics of Spirits to make them functional in PvP, if we can give lousy rune Golems 50k HP and decent programming nothing stops us from giving Ranger spirits that instead, maybe that is not the best option out there given recent history but it's not like there would be Ranger blobs out there for "chinese GvG"). I'm sure they can think of something better that could make Druids better and have more flavour (that would also let them nerf the ridiculous imobility spam).

"But why?"If you haven't been playing WvW for 8 years because you refuse to play a class that people want in WvW you won't suddenly change your mind. Considering the meta is more diverse than "GWEN" was before , it is unlikely to change significantly more. Couple this with the fact that immob soulbeast is a thing and it makes the complaint moot.

There's two types of people: those that complain and those that adapt.

This is similar to the PVE scenario, people wanted chrono nerfed and they got it nerfed. Now they complain about firebrand + alacrity renegade.

If firebrand stability is nerfed people will run more heralds (Inspiring Reinforcement) , scrappers (defense field) , and chrono (one of the best boon rips right now, so bringing mantra of concentration isn't a tall order).

@"KrHome.1920" said:Group utility is the last remaining thing soulbeast needs to be 100% broken. So why not.

It's already a better melee spec than warrior, a better bunker spec than core necro, a better sniper than deadeye. Unfortunately to be the best cc spec, a ranger has to play druid. What a shame.

Poor Ranger mains... It must be terrible to have some of the most build diversity, to be one of the strongest roamers/small scalers, and with the common boonbeast build to be more durable than someone in full Soldiers while still doing loads of damage thanks to heaps of Protection, damage reduction, and regen. Imagine only having a niche in zergs though? There should be a trait that gives 10 stacks of every boon in a 600 radius and a utility that gives 10k barrier in a radius to compensate.Oh wait, you can already do that to a lesser extreme with things like Nature Magic and "Protect Me!", and can even give people what is essentially Rev's Impossible Odds with One Wolf Pack.

I'm not sure I've ever died to a condition soulbeast.Condi druid, sure. Condi core, maybe. Power soulbeast... certainly.

Anywho, core ranger doesn't bring enough group support for any augments granted by soulbeast to be better than the core support guardian provides in (potential) conjunction with firebrand. But that's okay, they do a lot of other things. Squads are already rolling guardians and scrappers, there isn't a whole lot more room for more support.

Roll with immobs, power and dual axe (with hyena poll). You'll do fine. Or meme it up with Druid and lock chunks of the enemy group down for literally ever. Mmm, thrive on those salty whispers.

~ Kovu

No. Druid is a "support" spec for Ranger. In theory Soulbeast should be selfish spec, but in reality it's all over the place, weapon scream "condi", utility scream "broken sustain" and traits scream "kitten i'm even supposed to be with this mess". They should redesign the whole spec from scratch, because it's simply bad.FB should get nerfs and redesign as well, too much of everything in one spec.Wait, most e-speces need full rework since they're broken from design standpoint without real "purpose". ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Junkpile.7439 said:Maybe do some good changes like give core necro stability so they would manage cast at least one skill in fight.

Or just nerf the CC, so people can play things other than whatever spams boons the most.

But this thread is dumb and OP has been crying about ranger being weak even when boonbeast existed at its peak power.I can already take my soulbeast into some larger group play running stance share and it's fine. Ranger is only bad in zergs because of the prominence of reflects and lack of boon sharing otherwise. If you opt for its niche utility, play it well, and the people around you know that's what you're playing, there's like... zero issue.

Zerg play is about the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. Ranger is arguably the most self-sufficient class in the entire game and one of the strongest individually. Giving it that much power to support and act as a reliable blob DPS just makes it the best at everything and removes any kind of agency any other class has.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"TrollingDemigod.3041" said:FB should get nerfs and redesign as well, too much of everything in one spec.

yeah nerf something that has been nerfed hard already so other class looks slightly better, makes sense lel

If it was depending on me, I would have deleted every single e-spec and redesigned them from scratch, since all of them are kitten bad. FB has access to far too many skills, end of story, it's broken.Your so called "argument" would be fine only if FB wouldn't be used anymore, oh wait, it's still defining meta stuff. After so many nerfs it's still used and kicks out pretty much everything else from "support role", literally unplayable. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:FB should get nerfs and redesign as well, too much of everything in one spec.

yeah nerf something that has been nerfed hard already so other class looks slightly better, makes sense lel

If it was depending on me, I would have deleted every single e-spec and redesigned them from scratch, since all of them are kitten bad. FB has access to far too many skills, end of story, it's broken.Your so called "argument" would be fine only if FB wouldn't be used anymore, oh wait, it's still defining meta stuff. After so many nerfs it's still used and kicks out pretty much everything else from "support role", literally unplayable. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

i guess we're dealing with a 1 million brain power individual here. nothing will ever replace guard due to anets philosophy of restricting mechanics to certain classes. even if you nerfed guard into oblivion, it would still be picked because it has the most diverse profile. so, instead of nerfing something strong, it would make more sense to buff something weak since most supports have 1 or maybe 2 things going for them but completely lack in other crucial areas.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:FB should get nerfs and redesign as well, too much of everything in one spec.

i guess we're dealing with a 1 million brain power individual here. nothing will ever replace guard due to anets philosophy of restricting mechanics to certain classes. even if you nerfed guard into oblivion, it would still be picked because it has the most diverse profile. so, instead of nerfing something strong, it would make more sense to buff something weak since most supports have 1 or maybe 2 things going for them but completely lack in other crucial areas.

Ofc nothing will be capable of replacing Guardian because of stupid broken design that this class posses, for real...How can you even consider replacing FB in WvW when it provides so much stuff in 1 build, it's ridiculous and shows how poorly it's designed. You have Druid that should be support role, but because it's stupidly designed as well, it's just used as some pepe immobilize spammer. There is also Tempest, that in reality is all over the place with it's skills because it's holden back by Elementalists concept of switching between 4 elements.How can you even consider buffing something when most of e-speces are poorly designed, did you ever though about what you write atleast once?I can't even imagine how broken they would need to make Druid to replace FB or even fight for Support slot in meta without breaking it into other areas, simply impossible to do so.Buff something to broken level so it can fight another broken thing, best idea ever.

Just wait until the expansion pack where we can get the bunny thumper ranger. It will likely be line it was in gw2, so it will run a pet based hammer(pet gains boons or special effects if attack hits and pet is alive). Since ranger shouts became commands they will get pet combination shouts, such as remove 1 condition around the ranger and another around the pet, or allies around ranger gain protection, around the pet gain 10 might.

However give. This would be a good large scale spec based on pets being alive in large scale battles...we will see(that is if this is what they go for even).

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:How can you even consider buffing something when most of e-speces are poorly designed, did you ever though about what you write atleast once?I can't even imagine how broken they would need to make Druid to replace FB or even fight for Support slot in meta without breaking it into other areas, simply impossible to do so.Buff something to broken level so it can fight another broken thing, best idea ever.

so instead of buffing something that is poorly designed, lets nerf something that is well designed. makes sense.simply impossible to make something viable, so have to break it instead. makes sense.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:How can you even consider buffing something when most of e-speces are poorly designed, did you ever though about what you write atleast once?I can't even imagine how broken they would need to make Druid to replace FB or even fight for Support slot in meta without breaking it into other areas, simply impossible to do so.Buff something to broken level so it can fight another broken thing, best idea ever.

so instead of buffing something that is poorly designed, lets nerf something that is well designed. makes sense.simply impossible to make something viable, so have to break it instead. makes sense.

Firebrand is one of the most atrocious examples of bad design in the game, only behind scourge and mirage.