Why SnowCrows is destroying Raiding

Blumpf.2518

@Aeolus.3615 said:SOunds like raids need to become harder, give some brain cells do those mobs, so they can dodge block condi cleanse etc xD, build becomes less inportant player needs to play better than gimmick it.

IMo raids issue its their useless reason to do it and they have no rewards of my interest.. its for pve players that want to look shiney!

Ive been asking for Anet drops in raids equivalent to greens in gw1 in the game, raids bosses and mini bosses could be a decent way to introduce those uniquie weapons/armors that cant be used as skin and their effets and stats combination are unique with unique runes etc.

Orange items :) or maybe reduce a tiers and use the green color, there to much useless tiers anyway!

Imagine weapons and armor with unique runes and stats that could improve a bit certain skills or effects...this gear could not be used as savage to remove items nor salvaged for skin.

With your changes at the start how do you figure builds will be less important?To me it looks like it would become more important with builds.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:SOunds like raids need to become harder, give some brain cells do those mobs, so they can dodge block condi cleanse etc xD, build becomes less inportant player needs to play better than gimmick it.

IMo raids issue its their useless reason to do it and they have no rewards of my interest.. its for pve players that want to look shiney!

Ive been asking for Anet drops in raids equivalent to greens in gw1 in the game, raids bosses and mini bosses could be a decent way to introduce those uniquie weapons/armors that cant be used as skin and their effets and stats combination are unique with unique runes etc.

Orange items :) or maybe reduce a tiers and use the green color, there to much useless tiers anyway!

Imagine weapons and armor with unique runes and stats that could improve a bit certain skills or effects...this gear could not be used as savage to remove items nor salvaged for skin.

With your changes at the start how do you figure builds will be less important?To me it looks like it would become more important with builds.

As in builds would end more aoe than anything else and that is what would matter?Could end like that, but that also deppends what mobs capabilities of action besides being health sponges with predictable aoe or be those low health mobs know as trash mobs to feed.

The items is just an idea, raids need something thats unique and players m8 need, nobody needs infusions to be pretty, thats play to be useless.Besides all those infusions should be disabled in any kinda of pvp side of the game, when u go to wvw same should happen... instant visuals off.

You can close or delete this thread. I just realized that 1/4 of my postings in this thread got censored/deleted. And under such circumstances a discussion is pointless.And im quite sure someone will come up with "youre violating our rules" or "you were rude" or "youre not friendly enough" but there is a diffrence between an insult and criticising something. But i got it, youre not interested in what i have to say, so i wont trouble your forums any longer. Bye.

@"Blumpf.2518" said:You can close or delete this thread. I just realized that 1/4 of my postings in this thread got censored/deleted. And under such circumstances a discussion is pointless.And im quite sure someone will come up with "youre violating our rules" or "you were rude" or "youre not friendly enough" but there is a diffrence between an insult and criticising something. But i got it, youre not interested in what i have to say, so i wont trouble your forums any longer. Bye.

Make a reddit thread with exact same name. I wonder how that's gonna end :)

@"Blumpf.2518" said:You can close or delete this thread. I just realized that 1/4 of my postings in this thread got censored/deleted. And under such circumstances a discussion is pointless.And im quite sure someone will come up with "youre violating our rules" or "you were rude" or "youre not friendly enough" but there is a diffrence between an insult and criticising something. But i got it, youre not interested in what i have to say, so i wont trouble your forums any longer. Bye.

Honestly, I hope it won't get deleted, because there is lots of good discussion about why you were wrong in trying to saying these sites are a problem.

@"Blumpf.2518" said:And im quite sure someone will come up with "youre violating our rules" or "you were rude" or "youre not friendly enough" but there is a difference between an insult and criticising something

There is for sure, a fine line. But I think you're underestimating which side of the line a lot of your arguments and posts fall on.

Despite the large amount of "you either agree with me or you are wrong" this was a pretty interesting, and fairly insightful, read.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not SnowCrows. It's the MMO mentality from people who don't like the exploration offered in RPG games. I've played RPGs for longer than the new players have been alive.

Part of the FUN is exploration, learning, and testing while enjoying the journey while not opening a game guide unless you get completely stuck. There are many flavors for many people. I've stayed with GW2 because of their imposed game philosophy. I hope they don't lower the bar any further and don't change their style.

• 3 weeks later...

@Ooops.8694 said:

@Blumpf.2518 said:Everyone who is raiding has heard of them. Snowcrows and their website with raidbuilds and recommendations what and how to play in raids.Unfortunately that leads to some problems.Problems like this post when you don't seem to have taken more than a glancing look at this wesite you heard about?@Blumpf.2518 said:Almost everyone in the LFG tool is thinking that this is the "meta" and the only way to play, so the builds are just copied and the raidsetups too.After more than 2k LI/LD never doing anything else than pugging i can honestly say i still wait to see one of those fabled meta setups. Unless of course you suddenly changed your definition of "meta" to a "2 healers + 1 tank, fill with random dps classes while having basic boon uptime"-compositon...@Blumpf.2518 said:What people dont understand is, that snowcrows is a speedkill-guild and not the average random LFG raid. They know how to play their classes, what the bosses do and why and when they use certain traits or skill. Also their DPS is significantly higher that the DPS of the normal GW2 raider, allowing them to skip boss phases or mechanics.[...]BUT the average raid doesnt exist of 10 SC members, instead you will most of the time have people whose DPS is lower, who dont know their classes well, or you have a suboptimal raid composition or people dont know everything about the boss or people just make mistakes.And guess what: They not only know their classes, skills and traits but freely provide all these information for you. So all that keeps you from knowing this too is actually taking a few minutes to read them up. And that significantly higher dps? Well... Just look up the rotation and try it once. It's even there in written and video form, so something for every taste. So why do people not know their classes and do low dps (as you claim)? Because some evil website forced them to use "meta builds" without explaining them or because they can't be bothered to read details already structured and condensed to the essentials for easy digesting or test their rotation for 5 minutes at the training golem?@Blumpf.2518 said:It also happens that CC phases take really long cause people dont use their CC skill or are just spamming all skills instead of saving CC skills.So there isn't a detailed explanation about cc skills and how much breakbar damage each one provides for every single spec? And those aren't repeated on their guides for every single boss with a cc phase again and again? Guess that's on purpose to screw with lfg raiders and destroy raiding... oh wait...@Blumpf.2518 said:All of that will happen in an average or random raid, but the snowcrows meta doesnt consider this. Snowcrows meta is made for a high-dps group that doesnt makes mistakes who is able to skip phases with dps.If all they care for is some highly optimized meta unsuited for the average player why are there guides for every single heal spec, when 1 healdruid for some bosses, no healer for most is meta? Why are they all written from a 2-healer-perspective? Why are there detailed explanation for every reasonable dps spec for (nearly) every single boss (omiting only those "power builds are really bad here, better use a condition build like this" (and vice versa) cases)? Oh, and why are there "if you're lacking the necessary dps here, prepare for ... instead" comments scattered through all guides?@Blumpf.2518 said:As average raid, the sc speedkill meta is nerfing your own raid, because with it, most of the time, boon uptimes are short and heal and cc is not enough. And then people wipe with a normal raid, try again, wipe again and so on.[...]Therefore i highly recommend for everyone who is not interested in speedkills, but just wants to raid to think about this. Bring higher Boondurations into the fight, especially for quickness and Alacrity you want to have 100% boon duration.For what? So you can chill while watching netflix and only have to press one button every few seconds? No, that's a bit harsh. Let's take an objective looks here:How much quickness does a Firebrand provide? (taking firebrand over chrono here because it's easier to calculate without extensive clones created/shattered over time analysis...) 4s every 12s for Mantra of Solace... 2,5s every 12s for Mantra of Potence... 3s every 30s for Feel My Wrath... add alacrity... that's a whopping 85% uptime here, just by using 2 mantras roughly every time they get a charge and pressing your elite once in a while.About 16% boon duration for 100% uptime... Let's add some more as a margin for error and missing some alacrity... so... 20%? Better be sure and take 30%. How could the snowcrows website dare to suggest a build optimized for very short burnphases and only having ... let's take a look... oh... +30% quickness duration.Ohh and btw... while i didn't want to do a complete calculation for chronomancer quickness, i just looked that one up too: "The required Boon Duration varies greatly depending on your personal and your groups skill level. While the recommended value should be sufficient for every encounter, you might still find yourself dropping boons. Don't get discouraged if this happens and simply increase your Boon Duration until you are able to maintain boons reliably. As you gain experience and become more confident, you'll be able to decrease your Boon Duration." It's not even buried in some guide no one reads but right up there at the top of the build page. Yeah, they really do this builds for personal optimized speedruns only with no regard for the average raider suffering from it...(Just to included alacrity too: A renegade traiting righteous rebel has ~70% uptime for the whole squad without boon duration (and as he's the one providing alacrity he does not need to calculate for the possibility up low uptime like the chrono has to for quickness...) and still the suggested build adds ~75% boon duration. Or they plan for 2 condition renegades with no boon duration, each provinding 70% uptime for 10 people. Either way we're talking about 125-140% uptime. That really should be enough margin for mistakes made.)@Blumpf.2518 said:Use Full Tanks (Minstreal Gear) for bosses who deal a lot of damage to the tank.In a venn diagram of bosses with slow attacks/mechanics that needs to be dodged/blocked/parried and bosses with constant hard hitting autoattacks/damage ticks there's about one single guy... or three guys if you count the colored versions he splits into^^ And even there pugs have decided years ago that the damage is irrelevant and you are better off just overhealing the kitten out of this encounter than doing the mechanics.But yeah, there are some other bosses with the potential to do high tank damage. Let's take Desmina for example. That ugly hammer can really dish out some mean hits. But what's the difference between losing 90% or 60% of your total health per hit again? If you fail to block two hits in a row without massive heals inbetween you're downed either way.So let's be realistic and talk a moment about why so many people in this game underperform hard and why so many stat combinations in this game are useless. Defensive stats are just bad. Passive defense in Guild Wars 2 was basically dead on arrival, because active defense is just plain better. Adding additonal self heal is just plain better. Even doing more damage and shortening the fight by it is objectively better. In reality +Healing is the redeeming feature of minstrel gear as that much boon duration isn't needed (see above...) and thoughness really doesn't help that much (and scales badly too).If you want to improve you "tankiness" think about your weapon/trait/skill choices. Tanking as a chrono for example... Do i get vigor from my group or do i take dueling for for that Critical Infusion minor and some additional dps? Is it worth it to use a scepter (or even trait it...) for more blocks? Oh, that one actually ups my clone generation by a lot too. So i need even less boon duration to keep up quickness. And going Inspiration with Restorative Illusions/Illusionary Inspiration for a solid amount of selfheal now starts to make sense too...Seriously there are so many ways to divert from the usual meta builds while actually making things easier for you and the whole squad. Taking defensive stats and thinking passive defense spares you from actually doing some work? Not exactly.@Blumpf.2518 said:Have one Healer for each Group with full healing gear.That's actually one of the rare truths here. But as basically every single lfg group already does exactly this, it's not really a helpful suggestion.@Blumpf.2518 said:If the group still takes too much damage, bring a 2nd Banner Warrior and use all 4 Banners. If there are a lot of projectiles, use classes that have projectile reflect/block. If damage to group still is too high, use a 3rd Healer or get hybrid healers into the raid, for example condition necros who take the one big shadow trait. Even with full dps equip they can buff shield to 10 people then.Or the group could maybe just improve and stop to stand in front of the boss and facetank everything instead of staying dumb? There is a reason druids are the to-go healers. and it's not their incredible healing output. It's their ability to bring offensive buffs... The heal output of two full healers is already overkill. If people still die it's because they fail mechanics and no amount short of a 10-healers squad outhealing everything (enrage damage included) will save them if they don't smarten up.@Blumpf.2518 said:Of course Snowcrows dont destroy random raids on intention, but out there are a lot of people for who the snowcrows raid meta is like a religion they have to follow, even if they dont know why.If they don't know why they probably ignored about 90% of the information given on just that one site, like you obvouosly did you make your point.@Blumpf.2518 said:And there are a lot of people out there who dont even accept anything that is not meta, but which would actually help their raid kill a boss. With such people most of the time you will just get flamed or kicked out of the raid if you suggest bringing another healer or a 2nd warrior or a necro for addclear etc. People only know "thats not meta" and thats it.Or maybe suggesting another healer above the 2 already there is just bad and has nothing to do with "not being meta", as the group setup wasn't meta to begin with? On the other hand bringing in a necro for addclear is again something every lfg group does (on those bosses where there are adds that can't be pulled in to cleave them down at least). How many insults had you include with that suggestion to actually get kicked?@Blumpf.2518 said:Also the sc meta makes people not think about their classes. They copy the build/traits but dont know what the traits do. And then they are surprised like "oh my skill does now immobilize/reflect/something else as well? Where did that come from?"But the result of this is, that people dont know their classes like they should for raids.There is a class guide section for every reasonable build, giving an overview and then explaining in detail the class and spec basics (that should be actually be known already), the trait and skill choices, the alternatives, the cc skills... And then they go on by taking a detailed look at every single boss explaining what to change for which reason there and what to look out for.And you tell us they MAKE people not think about their classes? You seriously believe that someone who managed to get to the point where he would like to do raiding without ever thinking about his class/abilities once can be further "damaged" by any information provided? The only thing that happens to such people if they blindly copy/paste a build but had absolutely no clue before is that they now do something right once in a while without even knowing why.

If there's any conclusion from the experience you seem to have while lfg-raiding it's that people who can't be bothered to invest even a single braincell into their gameplay but still think they should be successful in difficult content are toxic for the community. No amount of websites providing builds and guides (or complete lack of such sites) will change that in a meaningful way...

you're a fucking god man explained it perfectly

• 2 months later...

@reapex.8546 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

I have several times and sometimes even for Strike Missions now.

Can you send me the link were SC shows their strike squad setups?

From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...I can't imagine you'll find something like that on the lfg.

@Senfdieb.3985 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...I can't imagine you'll find something like that in the lfg.

Think my message was misinterpreted. I was replying to the previous person about SC squad comps in Strike Missions.Its rare to find lowman LFG groups for raids or Strike Missions.

@reapex.8546 said:

From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...I can't imagine you'll find something like that in the lfg.

Think my message was misinterpreted. I was replying to the previous person about SC squad comps in Strike Missions.Its rare to find lowman LFG groups for raids or Strike Missions.

Please define what you’re referring to as a “SC squad comp” in the LFG.

@reapex.8546 said:

And 6 sub groups is not equal to 6 people so no indication that this is a low man comp.

The website mentioned isn't the problem its the players and their behavior that play raids and the efficiency site you can see how majority of players just avoid raids and strike missions for that very purpose. So its not the fault of the developer or a website that houses a database of builds to use. Before raids these same kind of players were the dungeon players people hated playing with so basically whatever is viewed as the best endgame pve content is where you will find these people and that content will always be avoided unless people organize methods to put those kinds of players in their own lane while people who don't want to play with them can play without the hassle of dealing with them.

@Klypto.1703 said:The website mentioned isn't the problem its the players and their behavior that play raids and the efficiency site you can see how majority of players just avoid raids and strike missions for that very purpose. So its not the fault of the developer or a website that houses a database of builds to use. Before raids these same kind of players were the dungeon players people hated playing with so basically whatever is viewed as the best endgame pve content is where you will find these people and that content will always be avoided unless people organize methods to put those kinds of players in their own lane while people who don't want to play with them can play without the hassle of dealing with them.

And thats exactly what you can do right now.

@"Klypto.1703" said:The website mentioned isn't the problem its the players and their behavior that play raids and the efficiency site you can see how majority of players just avoid raids and strike missions for that very purpose. So its not the fault of the developer or a website that houses a database of builds to use. Before raids these same kind of players were the dungeon players people hated playing with so basically whatever is viewed as the best endgame pve content is where you will find these people and that content will always be avoided unless people organize methods to put those kinds of players in their own lane while people who don't want to play with them can play without the hassle of dealing with them.

100% agree. No player should have to play with any player he does not want to play with.

As far as I can tell, that's possible right now in the game. No one forces anyone to join their group. No one forced players to join dungeon groups they did not want to join in the past.

If ever anyone starts holding a metaphoric "gun to your head" and forces you to do anything you do not want, I'll be right there with you defending your right to play how you want, as long as you respect the other players rights to play with whom and how they want (thus not putting a metaphoric "gun to their head"). Same rights for all.

@"Klypto.1703" said:unless people organize methods to put those kinds of players in their own lane while people who don't want to play with them can play without the hassle of dealing with them.

"Those kind of players" are in their lane. "They" make clear how "they" want to play, often via the LFG and restrictions. You are free to play with anyone you want, only condition being them wanting to play with you too, without any hassle.

@Linken.6345 said:

And 6 sub groups is not equal to 6 people so no indication that this is a low man comp.

Oh you were referring to someone else, I didn't mention 6 subgroups.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

If you haven't seen them in LFG, no amount definition would satisfy your curiosity. You'll debunk it and believe it's not true. Which would lead to a circular argument. If you go back through the previous pages, there was many explanations about what a SC squad comp is. There are pages of numerous circular arguments, so if your curious read the previous pages of this forum post.

@reapex.8546 said:

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

If you haven't seen them in LFG, no amount definition would satisfy your curiosity. You'll debunk it and believe it's not true. Which would lead to a circular argument. If you go back through the previous pages, there was many explanations about what a SC squad comp is. There are pages of numerous circular arguments, so if your curious read the previous pages of this forum post.

LFG groups in general run no "SC comps", what ever that might be. If SC comps are what the website lists as meta compositions for bosses. Those are high end speedrun, static, practice a LOT comps.

Most groups, even very experienced groups, and absolutely pretty much ALL LFG groups, do NOT run SC meta compositions. Most definitely not for clearing bosses. That has been mentioned in this thread. In fact if you ever do read a thread about a record run, which these composition are often based around, you'd also often read how many tries it took for the run to actually succeed. That's great fun for people who love raiding and killing a boss hundreds of times per week while trying things. It's a disaster for getting the weekly kills done, which LFG groups are all about.

You'd do well to clarify what you actually mean with SC comps because that term or composition as such does not exist. You might be referring to often run meta compositions consisting of multiple meta support builds filled up with damage dealers. Those are not SC comps and the website nor the guild has ANYTHING to do with meta compositions being run. Back during vanilla the meta dungeon group was 4 warriors and 1 mesmer. Then later elementalists with ice bows. Etc. Meta compositions have been a part of this game far before the SC website ever existed.

What players look for is often specific roles for providing of boons, healing and dps (most certainly for strikes). Suffice to say, those are NOT "SC comps". In fact most of those builds can be found on many other website too and do not necessarily originate on SC first. That said, I find it strange one would consider that players asking for specific roles to be covered and specific boons to be present to be somehow bad. We know how big the benefit of a full boon setup is and that it is beneficial to have this for each fight. Some groups want those benefits, others do not.

@reapex.8546 said:

Yes the one you replied to saying it was low man attempts useing 6 subgroups to spread boons.But that do not make it a squad with less then 10 people.

@reapex.8546 said:

I suggest taking a look on the SC site and see what comps they use. Having classes which provide all of the boons isn't unique to SC either. I won't even get started on using a handful of looks at the LFG as a basis of how things are or are not run in strikes nor the confirmation bias some seem to have regarding it.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes the one you replied to saying it was low man attempts useing 6 subgroups to spread boons.But that do not make it a squad with less then 10 people.

That's true, I overlooked their 6 subgroup comment. Was more focus on what else they were saying.