Commander tag needed for raids

I have been thinking this alot, but I feel like raids are a bit gated with commander tag.

What i often read here or ingame is that new raiders cannot start raiding because all the KP or LI requirements. Usual answer to this is: "just make your own group."I know that you can make your own group without a tag, but if you do, you will lose the "group leadership" and IMO group without tag won't usually even fill.

So is 300gold (or how much tag cost these days) a bit too much to pay if you want to try out raiding?

There is few solutions to this proplem, if its even a proplem:A) Once some1 without an commander tag enters the raid instance, he will get a tag on him and all the tools releated to commander tag.

^this one ofc sounds unfair for ppl like me and many others who bought the tag only because of raiding but i could live with it.

b) person who created the squad should be only one who has an option to change LFG message, edit sub groups and kick ppl from squad. Option to put markers would be bonus, but I would ve happy with just those that i mentioned earlier.

And finally my motive to post this?Health of raids, lfg raids to be more specific. This might not change much, but every little helps. I like raiding in this game and I want the raid population to increase. Im already trying to achieve this by leading a raid training guild, but imo one of the two options i listed would be a welcome addition.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:This topic has come up in the past:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/22480/commander-functions-in-raids

TL;DR:Owning a tag is not required to enter or create raid squads. Yes, commander functions are beneficial to lead a squad, but from a pure squad creation and raid entry perspective, not needed.

Oh indeed, I was a bit lazy with search funtion. Its still kinda anoying that without a tag you cannot move ppl in sub groups, kick any1, or prevent some1 tagging up and kicking you from swuad you created(not sure if this ever happens tho)

• 5 weeks later...