How far the mighty have fallen!

I'm doing something simmilar, although not on a new account, just a new character.Playing with a friend that has a free account, leveling from scratch, not using mounts or gliding to get places, just good old fashioned running around and completing jumping puzzles "the right way". :smile:

It's pretty fun, and it shows just how much the game has progressed since Core Tyria was the only map.Also, just how much prettier the newer HoT and PoF maps are, in terms of mechanics and looks.Core maps look barren in comparison.

I do things like this every so often too. :)

I have 3 accounts - my main one, a core-game only one I got a code for from some promotion and a free one. Playing on the core or free one means I have no gliding, mounts, masteries etc. But I'll also sometimes make characters on my main account where I'll decide I'm not going to use mounts or gliding (although I do allow myself to glide if when I fall off a cliff) and other stuff I've unlocked or purchased just to see how it's different. But it's still not quite the same because there's some things I can't change, like masteries which can't be disabled, so playing on an alt account still seems different.

I have to admit though the novelty tends to wear off quickly and I go back to my main account/characters and doing whatever I happen to feel like instead of trying to follow my rules. (Although that can also include things like deciding I'm going to run to my destination instead of using a waypoint or mounts, but then it can also include getting distracted part-way and using my springer and skyscale to get up to a place I could never reach before.)

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:Started a new account.

I may buy one when they release it on steam, and start with nothing, just to remember how far I've come.

You can try it out at any time by creating a free account. They have a bunch of additional restrictions compared to brand new paid accounts, but most of those don't matter if you're trying to recreate the new player experience. The only ones that bother me are being unable to sell some things on the Trading Post, not being able to use map chat and only having 3 bag slots per character.

Also if you want to you can then upgrade a free account to a paid one later on.

@choon.6308 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:

Also, just how much prettier the newer HoT and PoF maps are, in terms of mechanics and looks.Core maps look barren in comparison.

I disagree 100%

Well ok, i might have worded that weirdly, what i meant was, HoT maps are very busy with lots of detail. PoF as well. Meanwhile, some Core Tyria maps can have snow and meadows for days with not much on them. I didn't mean they're ugly, they're just not as "busy" as the newer ones.

@Vavume.8065 said:

You can try it out at any time by creating a free account.

Yeah I know, but I don't want to have the hassle of setting up another account, I already have a steam account which I can just log into at the press of a button.

me too but it's still tons faster through the official launcher, steam loves to eat performance and bandwidth.

Me being lazy and all, I finally got around to unlocking the griffon last Friday. Yeah, I know... Anyway, it was bad enough playing my alt accounts, which are all core-only, when they didn't have gliding and mounts. And now that I'm enjoying the griffon, it's even worse. I don't do too much with them anyway, but when it is an easy day to do dailies on all (gather+vista+veteran/spender), I do so.

@Vavume.8065 said:

Yeah I know, but I don't want to have the hassle of setting up another account, I already have a steam account which I can just log into at the press of a button.

Yea and that steam account can have a free gw2 account is what Danikat.8537 is saying so no need to buy it again.

@DeanBB.4268 said:Me being lazy and all, I finally got around to unlocking the griffon last Friday. Yeah, I know... Anyway, it was bad enough playing my alt accounts, which are all core-only, when they didn't have gliding and mounts. And now that I'm enjoying the griffon, it's even worse. I don't do too much with them anyway, but when it is an easy day to do dailies on all (gather+vista+veteran/spender), I do so.

How about spvp rank points, 3 spvp kills and reward earner all doable in a farm spvp rooms.Or wvw veteran creature, sentry killer, dollyak killer, 4 veteran guards, master of monuments or 2 camps?

@Linken.6345 said:

Yea and that steam account can have a free gw2 account is what Danikat.8537 is saying so no need to buy it again.

No actually she was not saying that, she was saying I can try it at anytime, meaning I do not have to wait for steam...