Blocked people able to join lfg

Please anet, make it so that block people can not see my lfg and I don't want to see lfg of people who have blocked me as well.I made lfg on raid and this guy joined my lfg. He started to tell everyone what we should and shouldn't do coz he thinks I am noob. I kicked him and blocked him. Now all he does is join my lfg at 10th person to get my lfg removed. And, he kept doing it week after week. This is really annoying. Reporting him really didn't do anything. Apparently some other people have had same issue with same person as well.Luckily I have friend who can fill as 10th person and I found work around. But, this is really short sighted on Anet's part.Please fix it asap.

• Like 3

oh I thought when you block someone they wont be seeing your lfg.. wow this guy sound like a loser.. take a video of the incident and then send to support to complain. I hope he gets a 3 months ban. whatever happen he should leave you alone and moved on but he continued to make it hard for you.

There should have always been the option to block someone from joining your group. The system could depend on a "majority vote". Something to prevent players from joining if more than half of the group or squad has them blocked. It is not like the majority of the squad wouldn't vote to kick them anyways or suddenly decide to take this guy along after he has done this to everyone for the hundredth time.

We are given the option to block someone from abusing the chat. This stops them from almost holding us hostage with their continuous spam.But then why is the only option to handle the LFG griefing something along the lines of disabling your chat for a minute. Not to mention that he is able to check on your activity to make sure he is able to continue the second you turn your chat back on. Seems pretty silly to me.

• 1 month later...

i had posted about this before. definitely people can keep spamming /sqjoin and troll you til they get tired. if the commander has blocked them, they should be able to join same goes for parties and fractals. should be some mechanism to prevent trolls from spamming join in LFG

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same issue in Fractals LFG. This same guy, that keeps joining party. Changes the LFG, pull down the LFG. He has been doing it a total of 3 times. Last time, my friend and I decided to try two hours later. Guess who joined again, the same person. He has been trolling other people as well, because I received warnings from other people in LFG, that he is there to troll.But two hours later, he is still joining our group and changing it, pulling it down, trying to kick members. Of course I find it annoying. But I feel bad for that person/troll, if he still keeps an eye on people after that long a time. He must not have a whole lot of other stuff to do with his life. Which is sad for him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this. It might encourage people who have quit fracs due to as_holes to come back.There are unpleasant people in this world that will always leave a garbage taste in everyone's mouth no matter what, as if they are going to die or something if they don't find littlest things to b_tch and moan about and then resort to attempting to kick whoever they happen to dislike that week. Normal people shouldn't have to be forced to put up with, or suffer inconvenience from, those losers.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The overall block function needs to be reworked because of this problem and a few others like blocked people still being able to see your status like what map you are currently on (you know why. Stalking is an issue for that part) for example. Also it would be nice if a map instance wouldn't always put you together on the same map with those you have blocked for the same reason as the previous example. It would also be great if the blocklist amount would be increased as I find myself reaching the limit too often.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:you already cannot see people in your BL lfg.they can join yours in which case just kick them :)

You can see them just find and wonder why the are silent as kittens, even if you speak to the directly.Then you check block list and see they are there.

i mean you cannot see lfg made by the person that are in you BL.many use BL to remove buyers add from LFG

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:you already cannot see people in your BL lfg.they can join yours in which case just kick them :)

You can see them just find and wonder why the are silent as kittens, even if you speak to the directly.Then you check block list and see they are there.

i mean you cannot see lfg made by the person that are in you BL.many use BL to remove buyers add from LFG

Strange how they can join, the raids me and my mates start then.

@Fangoth.4503 said:yeah but if the game have to check every people BL before displaying lfg its a lot more work than checking only self BL. i guess it should be possible but how would it impact game performences if the game have to check 50-100 BL per person that open LFG?

Yea that would only make block chains circulate so all in the group/squad decide who should be on their block list.To not weed out to many players.

@Linken.6345 said:

Strange how they can join, the raids me and my mates start then.

they can join yours, you cannot join theirs

• 1 year later...
On 11/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, Fangoth.4503 said:

That's the way it should be, but unfortunatly it does not (always?) work. Just a few days ago I saw a Strike lfg by a commander (easy reckognizable name) I was sure I had blocked. Checked my BL and yepp, he was there, online, in the strike he put lfg up for.

So something definetly is a mess here, I have my good reasons why I don't want to play in squads led by this guy...