So what is the point of DRMs?

Lamont.5973

Honestly I think they're a way to test a reintroduction of scaling 5 man instanced content with difficulty settings.Fractals are gated by AR, these don't have remotely such a gating (as thoroughly evidenced by people auto attacking at range and doing nothing else in the public versions).

In addition, they're a way to introduce yet another new currency.

@Pifil.5193 said:One of the Achievements for this Chapter is to open 10 Ebon Vanguard Supply Boxes. That strongly suggests that the Ebonhawk faction is coming in this chapter. If the faction is added then it's likely that the Fields of Ruin DRM will also be added. They did say they'd be adding content between releases after all.That's the achievement tab for the whole Champions chapter. Which consists of 4 chapter parts. We're still on part 1 of that whole chapter. So, yes, Ebonhawke faction is going to appear, but it doesn't mean we'll see it before January (or even in January - technically it could be introduced in the very last part of the chapter)

@"Junkpile.7439" said:So how i get these volcanic stormcaller weapons? Wiki says that box can drop from "Bronze Rank Chest" at end of Dragon Response Missions. I still haven't got any.

You can easy buy if from trading post. The drop rate is rare, so you can finish it 50 times and get 0. I get 1 box from 100+ runs from 4 acc.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"radda.8920" said:10 DRM will come after these 3, and I already want to throw myself from a bridge after having only done 3.

Oh my... Where did you read that information? I hope it's not accurate. 10?!? :cry:

This is really one of the most annoying and ridiculous things I've done in the game.

What's even
more
ridiculous is when groups are asking for LI for this type of content. :lol:

I can understand that if you want to get through cms smoothly, I usualy do it with 3 other friends so we only get 1 pug.No need to ask for li then.

I'm in the dark here. What is "li"?

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@"radda.8920" said:10 DRM will come after these 3, and I already want to throw myself from a bridge after having only done 3.

Oh my... Where did you read that information? I hope it's not accurate. 10?!? :cry:

This is really one of the most annoying and ridiculous things I've done in the game.

What's even
more

I can understand that if you want to get through cms smoothly, I usualy do it with 3 other friends so we only get 1 pug.No need to ask for li then.

Legendary insight - a raid currency used to buy legendary armour and often used as “proof” of your experience

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:What I don't get is how they're going to do DRMs in LS3 and LS4 maps, that's a bit unfair. Forcing players who play IceBrood Saga to buy both LS3 and LS4 to play all the DRMs, I don't think the devs have ever done anything like that before.There is nothing suggesting you will have to buy LWS3 and 4 to play all the DRMs. The DRMs are instances one access from the EoTN. Only thing you will need is the Champions episode.

Two of the DRMs Mastery Points are located in Lake Doric and Thunderhead Peaks which are exclusive maps. Like I said, maybe they'll allow you to enter in the instance only, but I'm not sure that's possible on the current engine design.

It was built specifically to lock players out of those maps if they don't own the content, hence teleport scrolls.

The DRM's are copy/paste of a existing map, not a acess to old maps, that why theres some terrain modifications(like in the asura map) if u notice.Basically they create a "fractal" like utilizing assets from older maps.

@Randulf.7614 said:

What's even
more

Legendary insight - a raid currency used to buy legendary armour and often used as “proof” of your experience

Thank you.