Anybody else having a problem with progressing "Calm In The Storm"?

Cynder.2509

@Cynder.2509 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:It progressed to T3 last when I checked. How do I claim the community goal reward? The event text says I need to see a specific NPC but I can't find such thing around there? Will the rewards be given all at the end of the event again or do we need to do it manually? I don't want to miss anything.

After donating to the Crystal Bloom, talk to Lokka, an asura NPC with an icon above her head that looks sort of like a reddish mastery point, in the Eye of the North courtyard. I just did this and got the rewards for T1 and T2 as bouncy chests.

Thank you. I'll check back to it right now quickly

You need to use your crystal bloom marks 5 of othem so buy 3 bloom boxes or 5 weapon recpies from the bloom npc and then you can claim them

I already bought all the weapon recipes on day one and two after the release. Then I bought the axe skin and after that some boxes. Now I didn't buy anything as I got everything and I don't have luck with boxes but at least contributed to the event and still have 15+ of them left which I'll spend later for sure. I just need to decide on what I spend them next.Anyways, I checked with the NPC and got the T1 and 2 rewards.

Geat glad it worked out, I just dumped the rest of my bloom marks for bloom boxes since Im quite sure we will get another ally next week when timer runs out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Iaknihs.8536 said:Community event gone... story not continuing. Fascinating. Still stuck with a story marker I can't get rid of unless I wanna replay it all from scratch when it's done...

I was also thinking we would get something new today., but we got nothing. At this point the next update will be for the chapter 2...which will release mid-late January....what a great patch this was uh? -.-

So we will be stuck with an unfinished chapter on the characters we played on for months? This is awful.I go back and forth through the story all the time and do story achievements for previous seasons, help out guildies etc. If I do that now on my main, it will reset all the progress on the current chapter?And not just for this one week, but for the entirety of "Champions"?

Omg. Please no, Arenanet. That is an awful design choice, really.

@Fenella.2634 said:So we will be stuck with an unfinished chapter on the characters we played on for months? This is awful.

What's awful is that there is absolutely no hint about the schedule. Very frustrating release policy. :angry:

Anyway, I'll spend the time finally playing through the previous two episodes with all my characters now that we've got voice acting. :)

Was anyone actually brave enough to try and do another story with the character who has done all the kitten DRM stuff? I still need to do the episodes that now have voice acting but definitely do NOT want to lose progress, as I do not want to repeat that stuff again. Might be faster to catch up with my other character. She'll be 80 soon and probably get through the icebrood saga faster than Anet releases something to move the story forward and give us some sort of "checkpoint" to not lose progress.

Sorry guys, according to the official Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Calm_in_the_Storm"Calm in the Storm is the fourth story step of Champions, Chapter 1: Truce, the fifth episode of The Icebrood Saga. It currently cannot be completed due to it seemingly functioning as an in-between for Chapter 1: Truce and Chapter 2: Power."And according to Chapter 2 page:"Chapter 2: Power is a Living World release to be launched on January 2021. It is the second chapter of episode 5 of The Icebrood Saga: Champions. The exact release date is still unknown."

We'll have to be patient...

@"Ulferic.5318" said:Sorry guys, according to the official Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Calm_in_the_Storm"Calm in the Storm is the fourth story step of Champions, Chapter 1: Truce, the fifth episode of The Icebrood Saga. It currently cannot be completed due to it seemingly functioning as an in-between for Chapter 1: Truce and Chapter 2: Power."And according to Chapter 2 page:"Chapter 2: Power is a Living World release to be launched on January 2021. It is the second chapter of episode 5 of The Icebrood Saga: Champions. The exact release date is still unknown."

We'll have to be patient...

Im more inclined to belive this post then other players on wiki, so we will have next and final of this release (chapter 1) later today then chapter 2 in january.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/118955/so-that-countdown-was-not-for-the-next-part-of-champions-part-1-to-drop/p1

We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

I really hate having that green star on my screen. I have like over 30 characters of which 10 of them completed everything including expansions and others living story stuff and I still wish that LSS2 could be turned off. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and lore but I don't want it to show on my UI all the the time like something unfinished since gw2 doesn't allow GUI mods like ESO.

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:Just double-checking here...so it's normal right now for me to be stuck at Calm in the Storm with no way to advance it? I wasn't able to do the Crystal Bloom community event, but I did participate in the Ebon Vanguard one.

Correct, yes. The Community events are unrelated to the story Calm in the Storm- they are just something extra to encourage repeat participation. It should advance with Chapter 2 in January

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:Just double-checking here...so it's normal right now for me to be stuck at Calm in the Storm with no way to advance it? I wasn't able to do the Crystal Bloom community event, but I did participate in the Ebon Vanguard one.

Correct, yes. The Community events are unrelated to the story Calm in the Storm- they are just something extra to encourage repeat participation. It should advance with Chapter 2 in January

Thanks! :)

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:Shouldn't chapter 1 arrive before chapter 2 releases though?

We're on Chapter 1

So far we had pre-even 1, waiting week 1, pre-event 2 and we now are at waiting week 2 so in theory chapter one finally start on 15th and if chapter one was over we shouldn't have this green annoying thing on top right corner of our screen