Personal Story characters for Dragon Response Missions! (Charr sparring partner, Human friend, etc.)

Teletric.3821

Since we're able to bring NPC allies into Dragon Response Missions, I thought that it would be a huge missed opportunity to not include characters from the personal story, specifically ones that exist due to the biography options you chose when creating the character. For example, if you were playing as a Charr, one of your NPC allies would be your sparring partner that you chose when you created the character (Maverick, Euryale, Clawspur, Dinky, or Reeva) and maybe your sire (Clement Forktail or Vallus Smokemane) if they were alive.

Another example is if you play a human, you would be able to fight alongside your childhood friend (Quinn, Petra, or Faren) and/or Deborah if you chose the "Dead Sister" option in the biography.

• Thanks 1

That would be a lovely addition to DRMs. I know Drizzelwood included some content from the Charr personal story (your sparring partner greeting you) and then diaries of the potential Charr warband mates you can rebuild your warband with. This would lead me to believe it's not impossible to see more PS figures in DRMs, or the general future, but I'm sure they'll only pop up in small ways.

I've been posting throughout the years that I'd love to see Deborah make an appearance again, or even just a letter in the mail... Makes me wonder if she's been kidnapped by centaurs again (which would've been funny if she'd been included in the speculated/"cut" centaur content hinted at in the IBS trailer).

I've heard the coding from the core game called "spaghetti coding" over the years, though I've no idea if its true. But it seems hard in essence to account for the wide array of branching paths in the PS, and connecting that older code to the modern game might not be the simplest task. I think that's why ANet has mostly relegated PS content and characters to the past. Unfortunate, as many in these forums will say.

I thought if they ever did a companion or heroes system, mining personal story characters might be a good way to have selectable companions that are meaningful without connecting much to the golden path of the story. Would never happen though.

There is at least one problem with this suggestion:You can choose to sacrifice your friend, Quinn, in the story line of the human street rat.

And for the nobility choice, your friend is Lord Faren, which wouldn't feel all that special.And for him to suddenly become a valuable asset outside of the comedy route would destroy all the character build-up Arenanet did for him.

I'm not sure if all Asura, Sylvari and Norn stories even feature such a friend character.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:11 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

There is at least one problem with this suggestion:You can choose to sacrifice your friend, Quinn, in the story line of the human street rat.

And for the nobility choice, your friend is Lord Faren, which wouldn't feel all that special.And for him to suddenly become a valuable asset outside of the comedy route would destroy all the character build-up Arenanet did for him.

I'm not sure if all Asura, Sylvari and Norn stories even feature such a friend character.

I don't think it would because Faren can still be funny and also fight. We saw him do that in Kourna, even though he got his butt handed to him.

I'm not sure, though, if all Asura, Sylvari and Norn stories even feature such a friend character. I do know that you get assigned to a different krewe as an Asura depending on your chosen college. As for Norn, I know that you become a temporary member of a warband if you choose "Blacked Out" in the biography. Other than that, I'm not sure either.

Edited by Teletric.3821
9 months later I realized that the formatting here was screwed up whoops