So that countdown was *not* for the next part of Champions part 1 to drop

Euler.3259

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@radda.8920 said:as expected, there are 7 DRMs left so surely 3 for the January update and 4 for the March updateWith the final episode which may have a little more content6 months of horror, thank you arena

I highly doubt that's the case, They said there would be content released in the weeks between episodes and maps for the other missions are already in the game files with some story related assets so we'll be getting some story progress with them. I think they might be doing an update every 2 weeks.Hopefully these mission either get interesting or we can be done with them by January.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:So sensed to wait for january? So big disapointment; don't see how the pace is faster... Next missions in 2 months.... god, was hyping so much for today! Thought there would be a content drop every 2 weeks... u_u well dunnno what I expected. But not gonna redo again and again those three missions until january. It a new content named Chapters and I already hate it.

In the weeks between releases, each chapter will continue to evolve with new content and ways to play. => LIES ?!

Now the treachery you uncovered in the north has left your allies shaken, and you’ll need to rely on the bonds of trust between you to survive what’s coming.=> Everyone is now dumb, jormag is life, jormag is love.

Dragon Response Missions, which can be tackled solo or in a group of up to five players. In these encounters, you’ll head to invasion points to shore up defenses and protect the area from rampaging dragon minions. Work together with allied reinforcements to neutralize powerful dragon champions—the ultimate threat at the heart of the assaults. => Ultimate threat? Lol

What all the promises of stunning events implying the community and remembering the era of LS1? No big community votes like the election of kiel. Smaller and smaller rushed, unfinished nourishing and content rich releases... The downfall is so big now. God what happens since the orriginal beautiful universe with the core maps, skippable artwork dialogues, dungeons and real living story? It just can't be serious, letting the players with nothing until next update two month later? Is it that, the cost of making Cantha expansion? If that is chapter 1. I'm scared of the 3 other chapters.

AND SO, if I understand well, WE CAN'T PROGRESS THE MASTERY UNTIL JANUARY?!! still no dragon crystal 2 OH BOI

It's not been 2 weeks, so....perhaps there will be a change next Tuesday.

I do hope so next thuesday, if not, another thing like the chaotic speak to bangar achievement, that thing wasn't even regular. For the last dialogues I don't even remember how much time we waited for it.

But the next episode is when, january 2021? so it is likely to come mid-way in december. It came the 17th november if i assume next episode is 17th january, so 17th december. And next week is the 1... so dunno I'm doubtful about next week too now -_-

Same as everyone else here, was expecting today as well.

I guess now its January 2021 we'll get the next update:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-icebrood-saga-champions/

^^ Perhaps clever game design by Anet: Maybe their plan is to "disguise": ONE x Chapter/Story/Saga/Update/Epsiode worth of NEW CONTENT into 4 different sections ( Truce, Power, Balance, Judgement), with the assmuption that they can say and/or make players think they are getting 4 different full updates!

In my humble opinion, it seems they are just drip feeding us 25% worth of New Content on each of the 4 releases ( if you can call what we have had so far exciting new content ? ) over a staggering 7 MONTH PERIOD !!! - Chuck a few "ready-made" festivals inbetween and its a cheap, easy role out of content from here until May 2021

@Solanum.6983 said:

@"radda.8920" said:as expected, there are 7 DRMs left so surely 3 for the January update and 4 for the March updateWith the final episode which may have a little more content6 months of horror, thank you arena

I highly doubt that's the case, They said there would be content released in the weeks between episodes and maps for the other missions are already in the game files with some story related assets so we'll be getting some story progress with them. I think they might be doing an update every 2 weeks.Hopefully these mission either get interesting or we can be done with them by January.

Upcoming chapters feature (1:09)and we can see, thunderhead peaks, fields of ruin, bloodtide coast and snowden drifts DRM during this sentence. So we will have at least 4 DRM after the January update.

And '' Upcoming chapters '' mean more than one chapter, So I can see them adding lots of other DRM until the end.Everything is predictable about the content that will be added. It's just that people watched the trailer too quickly and didn't understand his meaning.

@radda.8920 said:

@radda.8920 said:as expected, there are 7 DRMs left so surely 3 for the January update and 4 for the March updateWith the final episode which may have a little more content6 months of horror, thank you arena

Upcoming chapters feature (1:09)
and we can see, thunderhead peaks, fields of ruin, bloodtide coast and snowden drifts DRM during this sentence. So we will have at least 4 DRM after the January update.

And '' Upcoming chapter
s
'' mean more than one chapter, So I can see them adding lots of other DRM until the end.Everything is predictable about the content that will be added. It's just that people watched the trailer too quickly and didn't understand his meaning.

By the looks of this, what we have currently is all we will get for this episode "Champions". Except they do mention Ebon Vanguard as allies at 0.48 (did we get these npcs around?) . As for the achievements, the living world that came is called "Champions" and not "Champions: Truce" on the story overview in game... So I fear this is gonna be all we get till expansion (the other parts of the Champions to be added on 2 month interval not being more than what we got this time) :/

Am still waiting on "expansion like features" and build loadouts ain't one of them. That's a gem store thing, not a feature.

@"Fueki.4753" said:It's nothing but a major disappointment.

Why did they even bother with the big announcement?

Making the trailer probably was more expensive than making this shallow content droplet of recycled assets.

Exactly. Remember the huge deal they made out of the IBS launch, making it sound like we were really going to see expansion-like content in a LW release schedule. We all know that was absolute kitten at this point, but they had a nonsensically big announcement about it. Turns out the Champions marketing fanfare is more of the same nonsense.

I find it hard to blame ANet at this point for how utterly stupid marketing turns out to be. The truth seems to be that their standards for the finale of Champions is the lowest for any GW2 content we've seen thus far, but that's not really something they can come out and say. There'd be just as large an outcry (and many people would likely stop playing) if they straight up told us, "so guys, we don't have the juice to make this any better, it's just one lackluster chapter trickled out over 6 months. Sorry." On the other hand, the result of hyping up something that's clearly not that good is what we're seeing now.

The middle ground of a smaller announcement is also nonexistent in this case, I think. If they had told us very little about it, and we got content of this quality, I think we'd be just as pissed that they were hiding the thin-ness of the content from us.

The entire marketing problem starts with the fact that the underlying product being marketed, Champions, is just plain awful. There's just no way to win the marketing battle there.

this is pure speculation but:

I want to baselessly believe the patches are deliberately uneven. In that this one will be small, the next one might be similar sized, but then after that we'll get maybe a new map, and the other patches will unlock sections of the map that culminate in the ending or lead-in to EoD. It's pretty unlikely though given they said they were aiming for that S1 feel. But I also think the whole dynamic of fire vs ice doesn't work in any of the maps the game currently has, unless they actually revamp one to have destroyers in it, which I guess thematically gives incentive?

Though this makes the countdown seem unnecessarily confusing and bizzare given it literally lad to nothing. They should've just made it longer, or limitless, with maybe some bonuses for how quickly you reach it or something to that effect.

The main problem is as usual the total lack of comunication by anet...Was the countdown bugged ?Was it intended to work that way and lead to absolutly nothing ?Today all business companies (especialy in the gaming domain) do have some sort of social media com or reddit com or god forgive me for asking that official forums com' but here we got nothing.We're kinda used to that i mean in the big "gemgate" or the "templategate" we had to wait for days before we get any kind of answers but here it's breaking some records that makes me strongly reconsider my purchase of EoD.

@"Ylthan.1693" said:The main problem is as usual the total lack of comunication by anet...Was the countdown bugged ?Was it intended to work that way and lead to absolutly nothing ?Today all business companies (especialy in the gaming domain) do have some sort of social media com or reddit com or god forgive me for asking that official forums com' but here we got nothing.We're kinda used to that i mean in the big "gemgate" or the "templategate" we had to wait for days before we get any kind of answers but here it's breaking some records that makes me strongly reconsider my purchase of EoD.

Everyone's racking their brains trying to come up with some explanation for it. It can't be this stupid. It just can't be...