condi question

weaponwh.9810

Hello,

I will mostly talk about the build from snowcrows. I play it with sb instead of axe / dagger so I have less dps than the recommended build. The general answer is : for ranger power is better but you can play condi in raids. You can have some good ccs with wolf / warthog if your grp needs more, you share the stances but you do not really have that many utilities compared to the other 2 professions you listed.

Raids :Does it work in raids ? Yes it does and is quite strong. It obviously has the same drawbacks as most of the condi builds. It is slow at the start so if the boss phases out / becomes invulnerable often you will be better with power. The build has some good damage.How does it compare to cfb? Since cfb relies on burn it will most likely have a higher dps than cslb but you will not be too far behind, sometimes even ahead.How does it compare to crev? They also have more dps (I think this is because they hit multiple times but I never learned how rev works so maybe someone will correct me) and utility. But it should not stop you from playing condi if you like it.

Fractals :Does it work in fractals? No. But it is more a problem with condi builds in fractals rather than cslb being weak. You will have better results with a power build where you can burst / phase most bosses and all the standard mobs pretty quickly. If your group is good and playing with power builds, you will be far behind. It is not bad on100 where I started playing it. Predator’s cunning trait gives a nice self sustain and you also have decent cc for the boss.

thanks, yea i mainly play pthief, but i need a condi build for certain boss, i play ranger for long time, but have not touch it for years.
i heard shorbow condi soulbeast is got good dmg and simple rotation? how is it compare to the standard meta on snowcrow condi soulbeast?main issue is rotation take long time to master, so i want a cdps that have simple rotation but still doing decent dps in raid bosses.

Yes the rotation on shortbow is very easy.You go 2 – 4 – a few autos – 2 (because of quickdraw)- autos until 2 and 4 are synched – 2 – 4 and swap.You can replace any of sb autos with the condition damaging merged skills.

For dagger / torch it is the same as the one displayed on their website.5 – 2 – 4 – autos until 2 and 5 are synched – 2 – 5 – autos until 2 and 4 are synched – 2 - 4

@aymnad.9023 said:Yes the rotation on shortbow is very easy.You go 2 – 4 – a few autos – 2 (because of quickdraw)- autos until 2 and 4 are synched – 2 – 4 and swap.You can replace any of sb autos with the condition damaging merged skills.

for sb i though it suppose sync 5 with Twice as Vicious or something, you saying, i only have to sync sb 2/4 skill?

@weaponwh.9810 said:for sb i though it suppose sync 5 with Twice as Vicious or something, you saying, i only have to sync sb 2/4 skill?That is a good question. I did not mention 5 because this is your only hard cc if you are using lynx, so it is probably better to keep it for a breakbar.

I am not the best with it but I just did a quick test using it at the start or the end of the sb rotation or trying to get it twice with quickdraw and I did not notice a major difference. But the highest damage is right after your swap to torch dagger. It seemed using it with 5-2-4 before the weapon swap gave me the most consistent results.

For your other question which I did not answer to earlier, I think the difference between the 2 builds is around 1.5-2k.

@aymnad.9023 said:

@weaponwh.9810 said:for sb i though it suppose sync 5 with Twice as Vicious or something, you saying, i only have to sync sb 2/4 skill?That is a good question. I did not mention 5 because this is your only hard cc if you are using lynx, so it is probably better to keep it for a breakbar.

I am not the best with it but I just did a quick test using it at the start or the end of the sb rotation or trying to get it twice with quickdraw and I did not notice a major difference. But the highest damage is right after your swap to torch dagger. It seemed using it with 5-2-4 before the weapon swap gave me the most consistent results.

For your other question which I did not answer to earlier, I think the difference between the 2 builds is around 1.5-2k.

ok sounds like for shorbow just spam 2-4 then auto, then spam all utility skill when not in cd?

when you say 2 build difference is 2k dps, you refer to sb vs dagger/torch axe/dagger build?

@weaponwh.9810 said:ok sounds like for shorbow just spam 2-4 then auto, then spam all utility skill when not in cd?

Yes that is pretty much it :)when you say 2 build difference is 2k dps, you refer to sb vs dagger/torch axe/dagger build?I was refering to shortbow + dagger / torch VS axe/dagger + dagger / torch.

I checked on youtube, it looks like there are double or single shortbow builds. I gave a quick try to the single one (because I do not have 2 viper sb) and it works pretty well. I lost an additional ~1.5k on my quick try. I would still recommend getting used to dagger / torch.

@aymnad.9023 said:

I was refering to shortbow + dagger / torch

I checked on youtube, it looks like there are double or single shortbow builds. I gave a quick try to the single one (because I do not have 2 viper sb) and it works pretty well. I lost an additional ~1.5k on my quick try. I would still recommend getting used to dagger / torch.

shortbow + dagger / torch for this combo, i assume i need the quick draw trait, also whats the rotation for dagger/torch once i switch from SB?

@weaponwh.9810 said:

shortbow + dagger / torch for this combo, i assume i need the quick draw trait, also whats the rotation for dagger/torch once i switch from SB?Yes you need quickdraw. The rotation is :5 – 2 – 4 – autos until 2 and 5 are synched (~3 auto rotations)– 2 – 5 – autos until 2 and 4 are synched (~2 auto rotations)– 2 - 4

@aymnad.9023 said:

shortbow + dagger / torch for this combo, i assume i need the quick draw trait, also whats the rotation for dagger/torch once i switch from SB?Yes you need quickdraw. The rotation is :5 – 2 – 4 – autos until 2 and 5 are synched (~3 auto rotations)– 2 – 5 – autos until 2 and 4 are synched (~2 auto rotations)– 2 - 4

cool thanks, sound like just get 2 to sync either 5 or 4, fill auto in between.

@weaponwh.9810 said:

cool thanks, sound like just get 2 to sync either 5 or 4, fill auto in between.Exactly :) just like for sb you will use your other utilities (F2 / F3 / traps/ ...) instead of autos when you can.

Dagger has a small difference with sb. All sb autos are the same while for dagger the last part of the auto chain does more damage than the other. If you can, try to wait for the last part of dagger auto before using them. (but if you miss that's still fine)

@"aymnad.9023" said:

Dagger has a small difference with sb. All sb autos are the same while for dagger the last part of the auto chain does more damage than the other. If you can, try to wait for the last part of dagger auto before using them. (but if you miss that's still fine)

one last question i'm assuming this is build u using for sb + dag/torch, except with quick draw?

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condi_Shortbow_DPS

also how diffcult is power soulbeast, longbow or GS + dag/axe rotation compare to the condi SB variant, also whats the dps output of power build?

@"weaponwh.9810" said:one last question i'm assuming this is build u using for sb + dag/torch, except with quick draw?

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condi_Shortbow_DPSThis is the build with only sb which you can use without changing anything but I was thinking about using the axe / dagger build on snow crow (or metabattle) and just swapping this weapon set for sb.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condi_DPShttps://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/ranger/soulbeast/condition/I think condi has a lot of solid variations. You can try to see if you like one more than the other.

also how diffcult is power soulbeast, longbow or GS + dag/axe rotation compare to the condi SB variant, also whats the dps output of power build?GS + dagger / axe is a bit harder compared to the condi builds but should also be easy to learn. The dps output of power slb can be massive and once you get used to it you can play it almost anywhere (fractals / raids). The main drawback is that all the burst is tied to the sic’em rotation and you are static for a few seconds. You need to know some bosses well to have an idea if they are going to invuln / phase / move / use a big aoe and wait for the next time where you can use the sicem combo.