If a new Profession is added Eventually, what niche do we need?

MatyrGustav.6210

@VocalThought.9835 said:I really love how GW has every base themed covered, they really don't need a new class with the core specializations and the elite system they have. If there is a class missing, just adding a new elite should take care of the job. All we really need is 2 or 3 more elites, or simply one more elite, but give each elite 2 non core weapons. That should satisfy everyone, except those that are constantly trying to get the game balanced. ?

Lol.

As far as themes go, i feel Anet hasnt really made a general Arcane Wizard. Elementalist has arcane utilities but thats it, the class is really tied to the elements. I think it would be very interested to how the class would play if there was an spec Called Arcanist, and if there was an Arcane attunment for the spec.

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

@VocalThought.9835 said:I really love how GW has every base themed covered, they really don't need a new class with the core specializations and the elite system they have. If there is a class missing, just adding a new elite should take care of the job. All we really need is 2 or 3 more elites, or simply one more elite, but give each elite 2 non core weapons. That should satisfy everyone, except those that are constantly trying to get the game balanced. ?

Lol.

As far as themes go, i feel Anet hasnt really made a general Arcane Wizard. Elementalist has arcane utilities but thats it, the class is really tied to the elements. I think it would be very interested to how the class would play if there was an spec Called Arcanist, and if there was an Arcane attunment for the spec.

Well I too hope that they make Arcane 5th element for the next elite, but if you really wanted to you could just have all Acane Utility Skills or be a Mesmer that focus on Chaos Magic and Glamour Skills.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"DeanBB.4268" said:Anet's chosen path is elite specializations, so you are better off developing suggestions that fit within their framework. I really don't see any new professions being added, just elites. Would you be happy if they added a profession with EoD and it had one choice, when all the other professions then had three?

Plus, most of what you are suggesting sounds an awful lot like a Weaver - a sword wielding, dual-focused magic user. I would hope another elite wouldn't be added that overlapped so much.

When revenant was introduced it launched with 1 spec to match what the other professions had / were getting. So if there was a new Profession added it would have all 3 specs like everything else.

It was in the same launch the especs were added to the game, every class got 1 espec at the same time, that's not the same situation as what you're describing here. But that aside...

I'd be fine with no new professions, but do you think anet would keep adding specs past 3 per profession? I feel like anything past 3 would be overload so at some point, i feel it would be realistic to expect a whole new profession especially since they've only added one.

Why would it be an "overload" (overkill?)? By what standard exactly?And how would especs beyond the 3rd "set" (I don't know how far into the potential future you're trying to look here, but good luck with that btw) be too much, but a new profession, apparently with 3 new especs wouldn't be almost the same? Especially when your vague idea for a "niche-filling" class is proposing something that's already in the game?

Because we cannot equip more than one at a time. At some point i feel they would need to realize hey, we have 3 paths per class, we should add more Utility / weapons for the current 3 E specs.

If they keep adding e specs we would just have the same core skills to work with for the new e spec.

Class customization would never deepen

Considering there are still barely usable skills/traits in the game -which I already wrote in the post you're answering to- I don't see why you'd vouch for a new profession instead of currently mostly unused skill/trait/weapon update. Also I disagree that the customization is so limited seeing how especs can easly change class mechanics to almost anything they want them to be. I still don't get the hype about "new profession" some people have as if it would bring something more than a set of especs for current 9 classes. w/e

Thats the thing, why does it have to be one or the other? To me they are two separate things. Getting excited over a possible new class in the future has nothing to do with unused skills and such. I agree that we need balancing, but that doesn't mean everything should stop until we get it. There will always be balancing, its the nature of the game. There will always be unused skills, people like to be meta and min max. im basically stating, if there is a niche type class that the game doesnt have that you wish were in, what is it? Of course id hope that if a new class is introduced, its at a time thats appropriate and the game is in a more balanced state.

A new profession means you would have a fresh new core class for especs to be based off of, further customization. How many especs are going to have the same core class to work with? especs are awesome but adding too many per class would be more of the same but with a twist. id feel after establishing so many they would add a new core class for new especs to work from.

For instance one class that we dont have currently is a music type class. In GW1 it was the Paragon. Sure you could add it to Guardian as an espec, but does it really capture the full range of what a Paragon could be? No, its still a Guardian with Paragon Flavoring. Even if you would equip all new espec utility skills and the new weapon, yes it would feel completely different from the Guardian, but thats all the skills you have, no customization / Differences from any other paragons. You have to pick and choose from core Guardian for customization, in which is not Paragon. Id prefer a full class if Paragon is added.

What youre presenting suggests that we should not even have introduced the Revenant, and just added it as an espec to Warrior or something. Or maybe just have had 3 classes total, Warrior, Mage, and Rogue and just added all current specs & espects to them.

There's plenty of room for especs and if not even that, then there's a lot of weapon/utility skills and traits in core specs that could use an update. I'd rather aim at that than force a new profession for the sake of... actually, I still don't even know what.

After the 3rd E spec added id prefer them expanding the core classes and/or E specs for just speaking on the current classes.

Not trying to be mean or anything but I don't really understand this sentence. You mean just updating the unused skills/traits? Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

Yes, after the 3rd i feel like there shouldnt be any more especs per class, they should expand on the current core classes & the 3 Especs for added customization and possibly a new class once thats set and done.

Just imagine if lets say Reaper received the Hammer as well, and a new utility skill line? Thats what id prefer after these 3rd especs are added.

Then eventually a whole new class.

That aside, i would still love for a new class. I feel like my idea is unique enough, youre just looking at "oh magic & melee Its this. We have that" my idea is much deeper than that.

um... is this really that unique? Here's what I think about it:
  1. Mana -that's pretty much just thief's ini system (even with an example of ini/
    mana
    partially restored for successfull strikes from p/p unload skill) or maybe even better example: revenant energy system with skills still having cooldowns. At best, "mana system" is an idea for an e-spec for one of the current classes. At "worst", we already have the equivalent of that in the game.
  2. light/darkness aspect seems to be just a more limited elementalist class mechanic. Just like above: at best, this is an idea for espec. At worst, this is just cutting ele profession mechanic into half and slapping it on thief/rev.

It wouldn't work for a current class since the core abilities of the class wouldn't allow for such a change. for instance.

Thief / Warlock

• Lets say they are given a Scepter, The initiative will only be for the weapon attacks, and youd only get 3 weapon attacks tied to that initiative. Its not satisfactory for my idea since my idea is basically initiative only for the utility skills, and melee would be on normal cooldown. Also theres not enough core Magic to customize with, and any customization would just revert it back to Thief each step.

Necromancer / Warlock

• Lets say, Sword was given, The life force would act as Mana and not shroud. I dont see the Mana working for any core Necromancer Utilities, in which would still be on cooldown. They cant change it that much. The most id see is if Anet added F1-F5 with long range DPS spells that use life force, but thats it, just a little flavoring added to Necromancer no Warlock customization, it would still be Necromancer, and not Warlock at its full Potential.

Revenant / Warlock

• Scepter for Revenant. All of revenants skills use energy even the weapon attacks even though they have a cooldown (Doesnt make sense). If a Wizardy Legend was given with little to no cooldowns, it still wouldnt feel like initiative since with Revenant you have to swap the two legends for energy. No customization and youd be switching from core Revenant & espec Warlock legends back and forth. its not ideal.

Elementalist / Warlock

• Maybe 2H Sword . I really dont see this working since they have attunements. Sure they can provide Mana & weapon swap instead of the attunements, but i dont see Mana working for the core class abilities. They also would have to do a f1-f5 spell list that uses mana. Then what?, since they dont have attunements, most of the traits wouldn't work, and they would have to provide basic Arcane type attacks for each weapon.

it just wouldn't work

I can't really agree this idea goes so much deeper than what I've said, but maybe I misunderstood something here.

The main function would be that all the Utility skills would have a mana resource consumer and wouldn't function on a cooldown. That alone is far different from what we have. It would feel like a Classic Mage, and when you run out of mana you Strike with your weapon. Skills are cooldown based like normal to gain Mana back. All weapons would be normal melee, the Scepter would be a telekinetic close/mid strike like Gandalf. The fancy stuff would be in the utilities.

The Aspects arent like the Elementalist Attunements. They wouldn't change your skills at all. Aspect of Light would add Boons or regeneration/Healing to you on weapon strike, While Aspect of Darkness would add Damage or Conditions on your weapon strikes, in which all depend on your choices in your trait path.

Espec Sorcerer , would get the Staff that would have Ranged Magic attacks that are on cooldown and still would receive Mana on successful strikes. (Full Mage Spec)

Espec Sage, Would have Bow attacks, and would receive Healing / Boon Utility line that use Mana. (Easy to use Support)

Espec Ravager would have Greatsword , and Conjure Weapon Skill line. It would work like Engi Kits but with an initial cast time. Depending on Aspect the weapon would either look like its made of Light or Darkness. While welding the conjured weapon you'd have a perpetration cost of mana, so you would have to de summon the weapon and strike normally to get mana to re summon it back. All Conjured weapon kits are Melee. Spear, Great Axe, Hammer, Tower Shield etc (Melee Focused)

This isn't possible as an espec for any current class.If this doesn't sound different to you, then we just have difference in opinion or just different artistic direction.

I know people are getting tired of me posting this, but despite the nay say'ers (probably the same folks that didn't initially want mounts in the game?) I really think ANet should take my advice.

Make each elite profession use 2 new weapons instead of one. That would give more variations to character customization and playstyle, plus more players would finally create a character that they always had in mind.

HOT-(Gua) Dragon Hunter: Long Bow & off hand Sword w/ Traps and Physical Virtues(War) Berserker: Torch & main hand Shield w/ Rage and F2 for Berserker mode(Rev) Herald: Shield & offhand Focus w/ Signets and F2 shares boons with Allies(Rang) Druid: Staff & offhand Focus w/ Glyphs and F5 conjures a Celestial Avatar state.(Eng) Scrapper: Hammer & main hand Mace w/ Gyros (Wells) F5 Sends a Gyro to revive allies or finishes foes.(Thief) Daredevil: Staff & Dual Mace w/ Physical, additional dodges and unique dodge abilities.(Mes) Chronomancer: Shield & Dual Daggers w/ Wells and new shatter abilities.(Ele) Tempest: Warhorn & offhand Scepter w/ Shouts and Overload Attunements(Nec) Reaper: Great Sword & offhand Shield w/ Shouts and a new Reaper Shroud.

POF-(Gua) Firebrand: main hand Axe & main hand Focus w/ Mantras and Virtuous Tomes(War) Spellbreaker: Dual Daggers & offhand Focus w/ Meditations and F2 as a Full Counter(Rev) Renegade: Short Bow & Great Sword w/ Spirits and F Skills to conjure otherworldly abilities to attack foes or buff allies.(Rang) Soulbeast: Main hand Dagger & Rifle w/ Stances and F5 to merge with animal spirit.(Eng) Holosmith: Main hand Sword & Staff w/ Exceeds and F5 Photon Forge(Thief) Deadeye: Rifle & offhand Focus w/ Cantips and F2 to Mark Target and generate Malice(Mes) Mirage: Main hand Axe & Main hand Pistol w/ Deceptions and Dodge used for Mirage Cloak and an Ambush ability when cloaked.(Ele) Weaver: Main hand Sword & main hand Focus w/ Stances and Dual Attuning for Dual abilities(Nec) Scourge: Torch & Offhand Axe w/ Punishments and Desert Shoud abilities.

EOD-(Gua) Archon: Offhand Mace & offhand Scepter w/ Glyphs and Attune to Virtues and gain more buffs corresponding to attuned virtue.(War) Warlord: Staff & Dual Pistols w/ Recruits (minions) while using F2 to Mark the battle field to buff allies and punish foes standing in the marked area. F1 Burst attack can only be used when fully charged.(Rev) Overlord: Dual Pistols & main hand Scepter w/ Exceed and F2 to Open a Dimensional Gate that does damage to caster if opened for too long, but also improves exceed skills the longer it's open.(Rang) Warden: Hammer & offhand Shield w/ Consecrations and have two pets fight at once instead of one.(Eng) Technomancr: Great Sword & offhand Focus w/ Cybertronics (Physical) and a Mana Meter that builds up, and when used transforms you to a battle mech.(Thief) Reaver: Torch & Great Sword w/ Survivals and a new Intuition mechanic where the more initiative you have buff you and allies in combat.(Mes) Enchanter: Short Bow & Warhorn w/ Shouts, more clones and new shatter skills that buff allies when shattered.(Ele) Magus: Long Bow & Great Sword w/ Mantras and a F5 which grants the "Arcane State", with a much longer recharge time for all attunements.(Nec) Warlock: Rifle & Hammer w/ Preparations and a Demon Shroud.

@"VocalThought.9835" said:I know people are getting tired of me posting this, but despite the nay say'ers (probably the same folks that didn't initially want mounts in the game?) I really think ANet should take my advice.

Make each elite profession use 2 new weapons instead of one. That would give more variations to character customization and playstyle, plus more players would finally create a character that they always had in mind.

HOT-(Gua) Dragon Hunter: Long Bow & off hand Sword w/ Traps and Physical Virtues(War) Berserker: Torch & main hand Shield w/ Rage and F2 for Berserker mode(Rev) Herald: Shield & offhand Focus w/ Signets and F2 shares boons with Allies(Rang) Druid: Staff & offhand Focus w/ Glyphs and F5 conjures a Celestial Avatar state.(Eng) Scrapper: Hammer & main hand Mace w/ Gyros (Wells) F5 Sends a Gyro to revive allies or finishes foes.(Thief) Daredevil: Staff & Dual Mace w/ Physical, additional dodges and unique dodge abilities.(Mes) Chronomancer: Shield & Dual Daggers w/ Wells and new shatter abilities.(Ele) Tempest: Warhorn & offhand Scepter w/ Shouts and Overload Attunements(Nec) Reaper: Great Sword & offhand Shield w/ Shouts and a new Reaper Shroud.

POF-(Gua) Firebrand: main hand Axe & main hand Focus w/ Mantras and Virtuous Tomes(War) Spellbreaker: Dual Daggers & offhand Focus w/ Meditations and F2 as a Full Counter(Rev) Renegade: Short Bow & Great Sword w/ Spirits and F Skills to conjure otherworldly abilities to attack foes or buff allies.(Rang) Soulbeast: Main hand Dagger & Rifle w/ Stances and F5 to merge with animal spirit.(Eng) Holosmith: Main hand Sword & Staff w/ Exceeds and F5 Photon Forge(Thief) Deadeye: Rifle & offhand Focus w/ Cantips and F2 to Mark Target and generate Malice(Mes) Mirage: Main hand Axe & Main hand Pistol w/ Deceptions and Dodge used for Mirage Cloak and an Ambush ability when cloaked.(Ele) Weaver: Main hand Sword & main hand Focus w/ Stances and Dual Attuning for Dual abilities(Nec) Scourge: Torch & Offhand Axe w/ Punishments and Desert Shoud abilities.

EOD-(Gua) Archon: Offhand Mace & offhand Scepter w/ Glyphs and Attune to Virtues and gain more buffs corresponding to attuned virtue.(War) Warlord: Staff & Dual Pistols w/ Recruits (minions) while using F2 to Mark the battle field to buff allies and punish foes standing in the marked area. F1 Burst attack can only be used when fully charged.(Rev) Overlord: Dual Pistols & main hand Scepter w/ Exceed and F2 to Open a Dimensional Gate that does damage to caster if opened for too long, but also improves exceed skills the longer it's open.(Rang) Warden: Hammer & offhand Shield w/ Consecrations and have two pets fight at once instead of one.(Eng) Technomancr: Great Sword & offhand Focus w/ Cybertronics (Physical) and a Mana Meter that builds up, and when used transforms you to a battle mech.(Thief) Reaver: Torch & Great Sword w/ Survivals and a new Intuition mechanic where the more initiative you have buff you and allies in combat.(Mes) Enchanter: Short Bow & Warhorn w/ Shouts, more clones and new shatter skills that buff allies when shattered.(Ele) Magus: Long Bow & Great Sword w/ Mantras and a F5 which grants the "Arcane State", with a much longer recharge time for all attunements.(Nec) Warlock: Rifle & Hammer w/ Preparations and a Demon Shroud.

Yes i feel as though Anet would definitely need to expand on the core class, and especs after the 3rd espec are added in EoD. It would make more sense to add more weaponry and new utility skill lines for the current 3 especs instead of pumping out more especs that are limited.

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

Lol.

I was just thinking, if they did make a Wizard, how would they be different from the current spell casters?

@VocalThought.9835 said:

Lol.

I was just thinking, if they did make a Wizard, how would they be different from the current spell casters?

I would do my idea i had for Warlock but have all magical weapons instead of melee. so basically youll have initiative but just for your Utility skills and not for your weapon. Utility spells would not have a cooldown, however each spell will have a different Mana cost. Weapon attacks would be called Cantrips, and do not cost mana but are on cooldown. Each weapon Cantrip strike would provide you Mana as a bonus.

For the class function you could have 4 Skills that all share a cooldown so if you activate one they all would be unavailable until the next cooldown.1st could be a Mana Regenerative2nd would super empower your next Utility spell3rd could Cause Levitation in which would increase your movement speed and prevent snaring, also you may move when casting spells that normally causes animation lock.4th Can be a Grimoire that when selected will swap your 5 utility spells for another set that you've selected. press again to swap back.

Utility skills could be...

Enchanting - Boons spellsEvocation - Offensive SpellsGlyphs - Area ground target Offensive spellsPoison - Magical Poison spellsMarks - Magical Rune Trap spells

im not sure for Especs but the 3 could be...

AdeptArcane - (High Offense Magic)

SummonerSummon - (Powerful creatures that you play as once summoned. Your character floats following behind while in spirit form channeling. Once de-summoned you take control of your character and the creature will dissipate, so no Ai )

TheurgistWells - (Healing/Support)

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

@"VocalThought.9835" said:I know people are getting tired of me posting this, but despite the nay say'ers (probably the same folks that didn't initially want mounts in the game?) I really think ANet should take my advice.

Yes i feel as though Anet would definitely need to expand on the core class, and especs after the 3rd espec are added in EoD. It would make more sense to add more weaponry and new utility skill lines for the current 3 especs instead of pumping out more especs that are limited.

I think, just add an additional weapon for each elite would be more than enough to feel like you have a new playstyle. Maybe after EOD, they can focus on other things other than elite specializations. Maybe focus on new masteries, player housing, or legendaries. Heck, I'd perfer they finish adding Living World 1 back to the game.

I truely feel that if ANet would just go head and add another weapon to each elite spec, add Tengu as a new race, add another underwater mount, and the Elite Specializations I have in mind, with the new story, fractals, raids, and pvp match ups, EOD would be great.

The only think else I would like is if you could create a 6v6 pvp, while players use the alts. I would love to see how good the AI would be if I just pick 6 of my custom characters vs 6 of your custom characters and we watch them go at it.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@VocalThought.9835 said:I know people are getting tired of me posting this, but despite the nay say'ers (probably the same folks that didn't initially want mounts in the game?) I really think ANet should take my advice.

I think, just add an additional weapon for each elite would be more than enough to feel like you have a new playstyle. Maybe after EOD, they can focus on other things other than elite specializations. Maybe focus on new masteries, player housing, or legendaries. Heck, I'd perfer they finish adding Living World 1 back to the game.

I truely feel that if ANet would just go head and add another weapon to each elite spec, add Tengu as a new race, add another underwater mount, and the Elite Specializations I have in mind, with the new story, fractals, raids, and pvp match ups, EOD would be great.

Yes, after this 3rd Espec, that would be fine if Anet just added an extra weapon to each espec to finalize things with the classes. Though, if that was the case as a personal preference, id prefer the extra 3 weapons to be added to the core classes instead. I would want the opportunity to use each with each espec if i wanted.

Player housing would be nice. I wouldn't want it to be too expensive. I played FFXIV and i couldn't afford a house, so i had to buy an apartment. I never understood how small the apartments were since they were in their own instance. In Gw2 there should be an option to purchase instanced land for your house. I would love a large garden too

New race would be nice, but im curious to see if they would have their own story, and lv1 starter area.

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:

@VocalThought.9835 said:I know people are getting tired of me posting this, but despite the nay say'ers (probably the same folks that didn't initially want mounts in the game?) I really think ANet should take my advice.

Yes, after this 3rd Espec, that would be fine if Anet just added an extra weapon to each espec to finalize things with the classes. Though, if that was the case as a personal preference, id prefer the extra 3 weapons to be added to the core classes instead. I would want the opportunity to use each with each espec if i wanted.

I kinda like the idea of adding a weapon to each elite, so if you wanted to use the same weapon differently, than you could merely change the elite specs.

Player housing would be nice. I wouldn't want it to be too expensive. I played FFXIV and i couldn't afford a house, so i had to buy an apartment. I never understood how small the apartments were since they were in their own instance. In Gw2 there should be an option to purchase instanced land for your house. I would love a large garden too

They should do housing like ESO does. Everyone gets a free apartment, but you can buy a house anywhere.

New race would be nice, but im curious to see if they would have their own story, and lv1 starter area.

They better give a new race a lvl 1 starter area. They should even add more story to the starter area, so when you come back you have more adventures to do.