Stop calling 1000g weapon sets content

Jilora.9524

@Jong.5937 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Like I have the gold but why would I dump 70+ gold each weapon plus the time gate to acquire the new lodestones. 50 orich ingots 10 ecto per lodestone.I legit bought the mark and pact black lion entire sets for less then 1000g and you get 14 tickets back like 560g back and you then think hey complete the new set for 20 AP and 12 AGs is somehow worthy of our gold.I know alot will do these but just another set I'll skip because you think making these new weapons expensive instead of shaft hilt 4g inscription 5 ectos or something reasonable adds to your game. Well it doesn't

This is what we call an
optional
material sink. Material sinks like these are necessary for the game.It would be far more optional if there wasn't a mastery point locked behind it.

@zealex.9410 said:And it's due to this that locking mastery points after the 1000g weapon collection feels especially jarring.

It seems to me the MP is locked behind crazy RNG or, right now, buying weapons at a total cost, right now, of ~2700g on the TP!

The Dragon Slayer weapons, that I think the OP was talking about, only award 20AP! better to ignore the weapons and keep the (decent) rewards for unlocking the recipes!

You are 100 percent correct. The MP is locked behind you getting the volcanic stormcaller weapon box 16 times and seems very rare. I would imagine prices will go down as more drop but some 220g buy orders up there and makes that MP even more illogical being attached to that

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm sure the price for those weapons will drop over time. Still, one of the most bonkers ways of handing out mastery points so far! If the weapons box was guaranteed and you needed to do 16 missions (or even if you got 'shards' from each mission and you needed 2x or 3x for a weapon box). But low chance RNG. or the option of straight up buying a 'mastery' point is not good!

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Hows the mastery economy now? Do you need all previous masteries in Ibs to max out the ibs trees?Currently, the purely mathematical situation is like this:zone, mastery points required/mastery points availableCore, 49/83HoT, 144/198PoF, 110/130IBS, 63/58 (although it's actually 46/58 at the moment, since the last 17 points of the newest mastery track are currently locked)

At this moment though we're still 3 episodes short on IBS. The last episode supplied 6 total mastery points (4 easy ones, one locked behind the weapon collection, one behind a challenge that may be problematic for many). if the next 3 chapters all add 6 points each, and no new mastery tracks/tiers, IBS would end at 63/76. Which would put it at a margin comparable to PoF, but worse than for HoT and Core

That is pure math though. It doesn't include things like how easy to get/grindy each mastery point is. In that regard, previous cases had a lot more of low hanging fruit masteries. In IBS the emphasis was shifted far more towards heavy grind/costly/heavily time consuming ones.

Last chapter added more easy masteries though, so hopefully if they will keep it up, this may help. Still, in all previous cases i never really felt the need to wait for new, easy mastery points from future chapters. IBS is the first time i feel that.

And it's due to this that locking mastery points after the 1000g weapon collection feels especially jarring.

your math is wrong i'm afraid there is 1 mastery point in every single dragon mission so 7 are coming. you can see them but not take them untill the dragon mission is released. Same goes for the point you will earn by completing story line when more is released. Don't forget to include locked mastery poin if you want to compare to locked masteries. Don't let not released content become a tarir 2.0, just chill and wait for it to be released before panicking

@"Vavume.8065" said:I heard that this set will be upgraded in the future, that maybe a better reason to make them.

Is that a better reason though?

I mean, for one thing, we've had so many of these upgrade-able sets recently htat for me they've completely lost any value. For another thing, even if they can be upgraded it's quite likely that the upgraded version won't actually require you to craft these. I mean, the Illuminated Boreal Weapons weapons required the earlier Boreal Weapons as one of their components but the Charged Stormcaller ones didn't require the Stormcaller weapons.

If anything the possibility that they'll bring out "better" versions in the future is a good reason to not craft these right now.

@Fangoth.4503 said:your math is wrong i'm afraid there is 1 mastery point in every single dragon mission so 7 are coming. you can see them but not take them untill the dragon mission is released. Same goes for the point you will earn by completing story line when more is released. Don't forget to include locked mastery poin if you want to compare to locked masteries. Don't let not released content become a tarir 2.0, just chill and wait for it to be released before panickingFair enough, I sort of assumed those missions will come with later chapters, i forgot we're now on delayed release mode. Still, my point still stands - on all the previous expansions/LS-es i have never felt the need to wait for future releases in order to max out on currently available masteries. I was always able to max out on them before the next content hit (with the only exception being the raid mastery track, but that was not due to the lack of mastery points), and at every single point since ls3 started i was always several mastery points ahead of the available mastery tracks. In IBS i am way, way behind, and so far i have been unable to catch up not even once. That's because the nature of the mastery point achievements changed, there's far less easy ones, and far more grindy/timegated/costly ones. There's already way too much of those kinds of mastery achievements in IBS. We really don't need any more.

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Hows the mastery economy now? Do you need all previous masteries in Ibs to max out the ibs trees?Currently, the purely mathematical situation is like this:zone, mastery points required/mastery points availableCore, 49/83HoT, 144/198PoF, 110/130IBS, 63/58 (although it's actually 46/58 at the moment, since the last 17 points of the newest mastery track are currently locked)

At this moment though we're still 3 episodes short on IBS. The last episode supplied 6 total mastery points (4 easy ones, one locked behind the weapon collection, one behind a challenge that may be problematic for many). if the next 3 chapters all add 6 points each, and no new mastery tracks/tiers, IBS would end at 63/76. Which would put it at a margin comparable to PoF, but worse than for HoT and Core

That is pure math though. It doesn't include things like how easy to get/grindy each mastery point is. In that regard, previous cases had a lot more of low hanging fruit masteries. In IBS the emphasis was shifted far more towards heavy grind/costly/heavily time consuming ones.

Last chapter added more easy masteries though, so hopefully if they will keep it up, this may help. Still, in all previous cases i never really felt the need to wait for new, easy mastery points from future chapters. IBS is the first time i feel that.

And it's due to this that locking mastery points after the 1000g weapon collection feels especially jarring.

your math is wrong i'm afraid there is 1 mastery point in every single dragon mission so 7 are coming. you can see them but not take them untill the dragon mission is released. Same goes for the point you will earn by completing story line when more is released. Don't forget to include locked mastery poin if you want to compare to locked masteries. Don't let not released content become a tarir 2.0, just chill and wait for it to be released before panicking

Untrue gandarran field got 2 one insight and one for Shooting Stars achiv.

So its quite possible that later dragon response missions get more then 1 mastery point in them

Always find it funny people claiming GW2 is special because of the "horizontal progression" instead of the "grind" of other MMOs.Yet they seem to keep implementing grindy, progression-less junk like this. Is it just to try and devour a fraction of a fraction of the rampant gold in the economy? Or is this what they think players want? Evidently it's not the latter.

@"lare.5129" said:may be people who think what 1000-5000g weapon collection it not content make wrong choose when start play mmo games?currently play parallel few another mmo projects, and yes, the 1000g weapon collections is a true mmo game content.One difference here we get +20 AP, on more games from that collections we have +20 stats, but "mind line" the same as should.

IMO it's not the 1000g [weapon collections] I'd say it's 1000g [skin collection] because let's be honest here you are not even gonna use the weapon just take the skin, some of the weapon stat is locked besides Ascended weapon is not that hard to get/craft.

If that amount of money needed that high I might as well just go progressing legendary stuffs which can actually be used, plus comfiness because you can swap rune/sigil/infusion/stat as you like.

@Fangoth.4503 said:your math is wrong i'm afraid there is 1 mastery point in every single dragon mission so 7 are coming. you can see them but not take them untill the dragon mission is released. Same goes for the point you will earn by completing story line when more is released. Don't forget to include locked mastery poin if you want to compare to locked masteries. Don't let not released content become a tarir 2.0, just chill and wait for it to be released before panickingIt seems that i probably wasn't wrong after all, and those remaining 7 dragon response missions will be released only with the new chapters of the story.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:your math is wrong i'm afraid there is 1 mastery point in every single dragon mission so 7 are coming. you can see them but not take them untill the dragon mission is released. Same goes for the point you will earn by completing story line when more is released. Don't forget to include locked mastery poin if you want to compare to locked masteries. Don't let not released content become a tarir 2.0, just chill and wait for it to be released before panickingIt seems that i probably wasn't wrong after all, and those remaining 7 dragon response missions will be released only with the new chapters of the story.

same goes for the masteries.no IBS, 63/58 is still wrong as you don't take in account how many mastery point will be released whenever the masteries 3 onward are released.for the currently available i was able to unlock all with 9 spare mastery points so no need to do weapon collection :)

@"Fueki.4753" said:The main problem I have with these collections is that Arenanet locked another mastery point behind these stupidly grindy collections.That's just another mastery point I will never get.

That's, actually, the most disappointing thing. The HoT masteries was the best, imo, since they were more about accomplishing. Those ones in Saga are just about "I know how to use TP for making gold, and I also have no other way to spend those money, yay".

@Fangoth.4503 said:

same goes for the masteries.no IBS, 63/58 is still wrong as you don't take in account how many mastery point will be released whenever the masteries 3 onward are released.for the currently available i was able to unlock all with 9 spare mastery points so no need to do weapon collection :)I did say that it was at this point, with 3 last episodes (well, in reality 3/4th of the last episode) still unreleased.

To quote again what i said then:

IBS, 63/58 (although it's actually 46/58 at the moment, since the last 17 points of the newest mastery track are currently locked)

At this moment though we're still 3 episodes short on IBS. The last episode supplied 6 total mastery points (4 easy ones, one locked behind the weapon collection, one behind a challenge that may be problematic for many). if the next 3 chapters all add 6 points each, and no new mastery tracks/tiers, IBS would end at 63/76. Which would put it at a margin comparable to PoF, but worse than for HoT and Core.Marked the relevant parts for better readability

So, again, currently it is 63/58 (with 17 points out of 63 locked), and, if the last 3 "parts" of the Champions episode also add 6 mastery points each (and there would be no new masteries added), we'll end at 63/76. I don't see where i was wrong with that

@"LSD.4673" said:Always find it funny people claiming GW2 is special because of the "horizontal progression" instead of the "grind" of other MMOs.Yet they seem to keep implementing grindy, progression-less junk like this. Is it just to try and devour a fraction of a fraction of the rampant gold in the economy? Or is this what they think players want? Evidently it's not the latter.

GW2 is special because of the "horizontal progression". Players can be sure that the max level never will be increased and that your "old" gear will never be useless/invalidated.

In a "vertical progression" system, an expansion etc. usually increases the max level and you have to grind for new gear with the higher level stats to be able to success in the new content with the higher max level.

However, every "progression" in an MMO does also mean some kind of "grind" or "challenge" else it would not feel as "progression".

GW2 has a lot of grind, just not for gear with BiS (best in slot) stats.

• 4 weeks later...

Every time someone defends putting a mastery point behind a collection that is RNG but on the TP it's one step toward making mastery points in the gemstore.

Dragon Slayer set having a mastery point makes sense, as the items are accountbound (also non-RNG just grindy) and you cannot just buy your way through it. The only saving grace here is that there is likely an abundance of mastery points such that it (Volcanic Stormcaller collection) isn't required to max mastery points for actual masteries (as opposed to just getting all mastery points available).

Maybe some luckier people have gotten some but I still have not had one drop yet.

What I dont understand is why a mastery point is locked behind the achievement?As most people already pointed out you dont need it to max the masteries. So why is it there?Imagine someone grinding all 16 weapons, you surely won't do it for the mastery point. Neither will you spend 1000s of gold for a mastery point. You'll do it to get the skins.

So again, why is there a mastery point locked behind the achievement?I tell you why: Because ANet knows some people have an urge to keep the achievement tabs clean.It's a cheesy way of teasing their players.

• 4 weeks later...

@Clyan.1593 said:What I dont understand is why a mastery point is locked behind the achievement?As most people already pointed out you dont need it to max the masteries. So why is it there?Imagine someone grinding all 16 weapons, you surely won't do it for the mastery point. Neither will you spend 1000s of gold for a mastery point. You'll do it to get the skins.

So again, why is there a mastery point locked behind the achievement?I tell you why: Because ANet knows some people have an urge to keep the achievement tabs clean.It's a cheesy way of teasing their players.Which doesn't really work, because the drop rate is so atrocious you not only have no chance of completing the achievement through drops, but also extremely small chance of being able to buy what you lack - the drop rate is so bad that some weapons are missing even from TP still. Which, by the way, puts their rarity well above the level of precursors.

In short, this doesn't tease the players. It only annoys them.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought 200 of the new deldrimor supply chests that can drop the volcanic weapon boxes. They cost me 4 thousand tyrian defense seals. I got zero volcanic weapon boxes. I've opened another 50 of these boxes previously and got zero as well.

I've opened 250 DRM end chests or more (mostly gold chests from CMs). I've gotten zero volcanic weapon chests from there.

I could understand if it was a rare weapon collection with no mastery point tied to it, but this is a STORY achievement with a mastery point! I haven't gotten a single weapon for this collection, and I have played DRMs a ton!

@DAN.7314 said:I just bought 200 of the new deldrimor supply chests that can drop the volcanic weapon boxes. They cost me 4 thousand tyrian defense seals. I got zero volcanic weapon boxes. I've opened another 50 of these boxes previously and got zero as well.

I've opened 250 DRM end chests or more (mostly gold chests from CMs). I've gotten zero volcanic weapon chests from there.

I could understand if it was a rare weapon collection with no mastery point tied to it, but this is a STORY achievement with a mastery point! I haven't gotten a single weapon for this collection, and I have played DRMs a ton!

Same here, all my game play right now revolves on DRM (I need to go away from some things I do in the game). No Volcanic Drop at all. What is even the drop rate? 0.01%? Feels soo sadge.