So that countdown was *not* for the next part of Champions part 1 to drop

Euler.3259

@radda.8920 said:

@radda.8920 said:as expected, there are 7 DRMs left so surely 3 for the January update and 4 for the March updateWith the final episode which may have a little more content6 months of horror, thank you arena

I highly doubt that's the case, They said there would be content released in the weeks between episodes and maps for the other missions are already in the game files with some story related assets so we'll be getting some story progress with them. I think they might be doing an update every 2 weeks.Hopefully these mission either get interesting or we can be done with them by January.

Upcoming chapters feature (1:09)
and we can see, thunderhead peaks, fields of ruin, bloodtide coast and snowden drifts DRM during this sentence. So we will have at least 4 DRM after the January update.

And '' Upcoming chapter
s
'' mean more than one chapter, So I can see them adding lots of other DRM until the end.Everything is predictable about the content that will be added. It's just that people watched the trailer too quickly and didn't understand his meaning.

They added 7 other missions into the game last patch and they specifically stated that there will be releases in-between chapters, if not the DRMs they added into the patch then what? It's possible they could be keeping the response missions to have them spread out over the coming months but that would just mean that there's other content planned in-between now and the next chapter.

Personally I think they're keeping to their biweekly updates and adding in the in-between content with that, so December 1st. If it's the DRMs or something else I don't know. But this is all just speculation, It'd be nice for the Devs to let us know what is going on.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"radda.8920" said:as expected, there are 7 DRMs left so surely 3 for the January update and 4 for the March updateWith the final episode which may have a little more content6 months of horror, thank you arena

Oh God... if the rest of this episode is going to be just like that (i.e., what we have been served last Tuesday), I think the Icebrood Saga will go down as the worst "heroic epos" in history. :s And it had such potential. :/

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Everyone's racking their brains trying to come up with some explanation for it. It can't be this stupid. It just can't be...

Let's hope not.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:They added 7 other missions into the game last patch and they specifically stated that there will be releases in-between chapters, if not the DRMs they added into the patch then what?They added some stuff to gemshop, haven't you noticed? And there's going to be Wintersday...

I don't think a recycled festival as well as bling and recycled stuff that I have or don't need, added to the gem shop really counts as added content in any way, shape or form.

@Blude.6812 said:

@"Solanum.6983" said:They added 7 other missions into the game last patch and they specifically stated that there will be releases in-between chapters, if not the DRMs they added into the patch then what?They added some stuff to gemshop, haven't you noticed? And there's going to be Wintersday...

I don't think a recycled festival as well as bling and recycled stuff that I have or don't need, added to the gem shop really counts as added content in any way, shape or form.And i didn't think LS2 (or ls5, for that matter) was "expansion-level content". Anet happened to disagree.

We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

So instead of waiting 2 months for content, you wait that time to play an hour and then have to wait two weeks more for another hour even though that content is done and in the game.

Weekly releases of finished content sounds like a good idea if there is a progress bar to complete. A week of no progress bar and the previous bar amounting to no impact on the game at all is, by current experience, a really bad idea. Add onto that, every community event has been bugged or broken (save for Fractal Rush) with throw away rewards.

Just wait for all the content to be out and let the community progress bars fail.

Limited and timed content is the worst content ever, Living World 1 being prime example that almost bombed GW2. If Anet wants to come back to that, let them fail.

@Cobalt Flame.8056 said:We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

Whilst it remains a disappointingly low amount of content, thank you for the clarification. The additional information will be welcomed

@Cobalt Flame.8056 said:We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

Thankyou for the response.

"The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1"
and how to do it? If "crystal bloom global rank" is stuck on 3 out of 5 chests and there is no progress? Does this mean that all progress is lost or will it continue?

@"KIIIL.1860" said:"The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1"

and how to do it? If "crystal bloom global rank" is stuck on 3 out of 5 chests and there is no progress? Does this mean that all progress is lost or will it continue?

Talk to the asura Lokka with a wierd thing over head and you should be able to get the 3 boxes the community unlocked the other 2 wont become availiable.

Thanks for the clarification.

I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

@Linken.6345 said:

@"KIIIL.1860" said:"The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1"

Talk to the asura Lokka with a wierd thing over head and you should be able to get the 3 boxes the community unlocked the other 2 wont become availiable.

exactly why are we losing the last 2 boxes?

@Teratus.2859 said:

I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

@Linken.6345 said:

You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

@"Cobalt Flame.8056" said:We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the clarification. However, you guys need to work on your CuDo and/or communication. Even on day one of the Champions patch people were confused on what to do with "speak with the lady (can't remember her name) in the Eye of the North" step. It wasn't clear that the step was connected to the Crystal Bloom event. And after figuring out that it is, everyone just assumed that we would have to wait 1 week (so the timer to be up) for the story to continue. I say everyone assumed because you didn't tell us anything in game on how and when the story would continue. If only you sent an in-game email saying that the event is connected and the story continues on Dec 1st all this confusion could have been avoided.

@KIIIL.1860 said:exactly why are we losing the last 2 boxes?That's because not enough people completed the mind-numbingly boring DRMs and/or spend insufficient amounts of Crystal Bloom tokens.This caused the community event to not complete tier 4 and 5 and thus not giving us the rewards.

In my opinion, Arenanet should have extended the event until the Ebon Vanguard release next week, instead of having that useless one-week gap.