raid dps class question

weaponwh.9810

Condition tempest is a super easy DPS class and is acceptable on a large number of fights. Power berserker is also a good one and shares its gearset with Power bannerzerk, allowing you to fill two roles with the same class while still doing respectable damage. Condition soulbeast is also a very easy rotation, all things considered.

@Shikaru.7618 said:When it comes to rotations, staff DD is about as easy as it comes. Rotation is dodge + autochain + weakening charge. Occasionally hit your assassin signet and spam 2. Thief utility is also really good with stolen skills. What is it about DD that you're having trouble with?

have trouble flanking the boss all the time, so lose some dps there, also certain boss not good use dodge all the time, demios for example dont want dodge into oil. does DD do competitive dps? sometime, i'm in top 3 dps depend on boss, but certain boss, i couldn't dodge alot i'm lose alot dps.

@Wisty.4135 said:Condition tempest is a super easy DPS class and is acceptable on a large number of fights. Power berserker is also a good one and shares its gearset with Power bannerzerk, allowing you to fill two roles with the same class while still doing respectable damage. Condition soulbeast is also a very easy rotation, all things considered.

ty, i always thought tempest have one of the hardest rotation, but got very good dps. btw hows DH rotation?

@weaponwh.9810 said:ty, i always thought tempest have one of the hardest rotation, but got very good dps. btw hows DH rotation?

Tempest has a generally easy rotation. Weaver is the Keyboard Buster. Power dragonhunter is middle-of-the-road in terms of complexity but there's a lot of muscle memory and optimiziation of skill use to get the most out of it - namely cancelling aftercasts while being careful not to cancel skills too early, proper positioning and placement of traps, etc. Very good DPS pick if you out in time to master it.

@Wisty.4135 said:Tempest has a generally easy rotation. Weaver is the Keyboard Buster. Power dragonhunter is middle-of-the-road in terms of complexity but there's a lot of muscle memory and optimiziation of skill use to get the most out of it - namely cancelling aftercasts while being careful not to cancel skills too early, proper positioning and placement of traps, etc. Very good DPS pick if you out in time to master it.

Idk man. Power Weaver is super simple and while condi weaver presses a lot of buttons its still a very consistent pattern. Definitely harder than pweaver tho.I don't agree with tempest being easy tho. Probably one of the hardest rotations to play in an actual fight due to the amount of movement involved and conjures being a huge pita to pick up.

@"Icetea.3204" said:

Idk man. Power Weaver is super simple and while condi weaver presses a lot of buttons its still a very consistent pattern. Definitely harder than pweaver tho.I don't agree with tempest being easy tho. Probably one of the hardest rotations to play in an actual fight due to the amount of movement involved and conjures being a huge pita to pick up.

Condi tempest doesn't use pickups! Three glyphs, signet of fire, dagger warhorn. Very simple rotation with high damage numbers and utility skills boil down to "generally off cooldown, but glyphs only in fire attunement."

Power tempest and weaver both use pickups though, which, while a satisfying rotation are ridiculously hard to get used to.

@"Wisty.4135" said:Condi tempest doesn't use pickups! Three glyphs, signet of fire, dagger warhorn. Very simple rotation with high damage numbers and utility skills boil down to "generally off cooldown, but glyphs only in fire attunement."

Yes, I should have specified power tempest. My bad.

Power tempest and weaver both use pickups though, which, while a satisfying rotation are ridiculously hard to get used to.

That and the moving due to air 5. There's a bunch of other small things too.

@Icetea.3204 said:That and the moving due to air 5. There's a bunch of other small things too.

Air 5 dagger is a pain but warhorn and focus don't move you, I believe. I haven't played power weaver in so long I don't actually know what weaponsare used on it anymore.

But yeah, condi tempest is definitely my recommendation for an easy ele DPS, and with kegendary gear you just swap to all harrier's for what is arguably the best bursthealer in the game (that can still provide like 8K dps if done well) as well as perma prot might fury and regen for their sub. Also more cathartic than druid. :)

@Wisty.4135 said:

@Icetea.3204 said:That and the moving due to air 5. There's a bunch of other small things too.

Air 5 dagger is a pain but warhorn and focus don't move you, I believe. I haven't played power weaver in so long I don't actually know what weaponsare used on it anymore.

I meant Warhorn 5 for Power Tempest. Its your hardest hitting skill and you want to cast it ouside the hitbox of the boss. Then you have to move back in again for FGS4. Little things like that.

I play nearly all dps classes and from my experience most classes are easy to medium to learn but all are hard to master. It takes time and dedication to do perfect rotations on any class. So I would say pick whichever you like and train it on golem. Here are some examples that show that easy rotations are not necessairly making the class easier.

You asked about DH... well technically DH is not hard to play and rota is easy to remember, but the difference in DPS between an experienced DH and a non experienced one is maybe the biggest I ever witness. In order to get most out of DH you must consider many things that are not intuitive. For example the most DPS DH build requires you to always have all boons on you, so you gotta try not losing your aegis as much as possible, which is kinda hard. Or another thing: with DH you should try to always be INSIDE the hitbox of the bosses, which can be tricky to do on some raid bosses with small hitboxes or that move a lot.

Another example is soulbeast. Pretty neat rotations very easy to pull off on golems, but once you get in a real fight you start to notice that the extremley long cast times of your skills lock you down a lot and make you in a dangerous spot. And if you get interrupted during casting your important long skills you lose half of your dps. And so on...Or take chrono: a simple lag in your opening can screw all your dps. You can't delay skills during the short time of your CS combo. Chrono needs "slow" condi on bosses to do good damage (gl finding a group that provides enough slow).

pWeaver: Easy to remember rota. What makes weaver difficult is paying attention on NOT INTERRUPTING your aa chains, which can force you to draw your eyes out of the arena to your skillbar... well many classes require that, but on weaver it is much more important for good dps. Attunment swap is like weapon swap but with another buttons. I have to change all my keybindings when I play weaver so it becomes comfortable for me (it is a personal preference though).

List can go on... my point is that all classes have those kinds of subtilities. So do like me: pick any class you like, suck at it, train a lot and rock the DPS in the end.

• 2 weeks later...