So that countdown was *not* for the next part of Champions part 1 to drop

Euler.3259

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Cobalt Flame.8056 said:We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the clarification.

I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

For players who are progressing through the game content in chronological order, who have bought all of the expansions, all of the LWS episodes in between, is this content comparable to LW S1 in that it will no longer be available, so if you want to experience it, you have to do it on release?

@Stelawrat.6589 said:

@Cobalt Flame.8056 said:We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

For players who are progressing through the game content in chronological order, who have bought all of the expansions, all of the LWS episodes in between, is this content comparable to LW S1 in that it will no longer be available, so if you want to experience it, you have to do it on release?

No as far as we can tell, only the global contribution events are time limited - ie the bonus tier rewards. The content itself will be permanent

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:I have some Crystals left, should I trade them for boxes or exchange for Seals before next week?

There's no reason to hoard them that I can see

That's not what I meant, maybe I expressed myself badly.

I mean, supposedly the Crystals merchant will leave next week, and the Ebon Vanguard one will arrive in its place. So Crystals will become useless except for exchanging them with the Seals merchant.So, should I trade Crystals now for the boxes of materials while the Crystals merchant is still here or should I exchange the for seals?

The whole point is, the Boxes offer an immediate value in term of materials, while the Seals may become useful in the future if new item are added and many Seals are required to buy them, which of the 2 is better?

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:I have some Crystals left, should I trade them for boxes or exchange for Seals before next week?

There's no reason to hoard them that I can see

That's not what I meant, maybe I expressed myself badly.

I mean, supposedly the Crystals merchant will leave next week, and the Ebon Vanguard one will arrive in its place. So Crystals will become useless except for exchanging them with the Seals merchant.So, should I trade Crystals now for the boxes of materials while the Crystals merchant is still here or should I exchange the for seals?

The whole point is, the Boxes offer an immediate value in term of materials, while the Seals may become useful in the future if new item are added and many Seals are required to buy them, which of the 2 is better?

There is no right answer to it. The seals will likely be the permananent currency, but the exchange for them is less efficient. Personally I just exchanged them for supply boxes since there will likely always be ways to get seals and I like to hoard materials for future use. There is an argument that planning ahead now for some hypothetical reward later might mean investing in seals is a good thing.

I will admit I saw this whole new page of masteries waiting to be obtained and was really happy. When I found out I could only get up to the second one and was forced to stop my progress. I researched and found that the next part in the story series was later as everyone has shared. I went into full sadface and logged off. Thank you for the sales, but I just won't be jumping on them like I have in years past. I cannot monetarily support this change. I had no problems with the previous living world season structure. This change wasn't ideal at least for me since we've been completely trained into the previous living world system with a new map, currency, story, events, etc. with each episode.

Thank you for the clarification! We as a COMMUNITY would really appreciate if there was more communication between each other. It helps so much.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Cobalt Flame.8056 said:...If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet,
be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1

How is this going to work for new people that don't play this chapter until
after
Dec 1??

I did some missions, traded some stuff, and I dont even manage to find the NPC I'm supposed to go to in order to get what rewards we managed to get. There's just so many NPCs in there, and I'm pretty sure I tried all the Crystal Bloom ones. The only thing I can think of, is that I cannot collect, because I didn't do the storyline before doing the missions.

I am confused beyond belief.

@Naxos.2503 said:I did some missions, traded some stuff, and I dont even manage to find the NPC I'm supposed to go to in order to get what rewards we managed to get. There's just so many NPCs in there, and I'm pretty sure I tried all the Crystal Bloom ones.It's the Asura right next to the Crystal Bloom Vendor that gives you the community event rewards, if you contributed during the event period.The Asura has a weird symbol over her head.

The only thing I can think of, is that I cannot collect, because I didn't do the storyline before doing the missions.How did you even manage to do that?I thought the missions only unlock once you reach their story steps.

The story awards Crystal Bloom crystals and there is an achievement for buying a number of Crystal Bloom supply boxes. How could the Crystal Bloom crystal vendor be removed? Will players not apace with the LW buy CB boxes by converting the current alliance currency for the common currency at a worse rate? Will each group's box be moved to the common vendor?

I still have my fingers crossed about DRM evolution but the studio has a proven track record choosing "clever" over interesting or engaging. Have they planned a "clever" way to create FOMO by playing 3 card monte with arbitrary earning efficiency mechanics? Right now the narrative design premise behind community events is incoherent and looks like a "clever" attempt at herding players. There is so much potential in the combination of DRMs and community events. Hopefully, the expansion is getting the fleshed out version and we just have to be patient as we work towards it.

Worst content ANET has ever put out. I don't know if because you are understaffed. Poor management. Poor Planning. But ANET has dropped the ball on the Ice brood Saga. I have guild members who are die hard GW2 fans... the disappointment they have for this 10 minutes of content is saddening. I've been here since launch. Played GW1. If you think I'm going to spend money on gems for crap content. You are mistaken. Let Ryland deal with this mess... commanders going to go play some WoW.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:I did some missions, traded some stuff, and I dont even manage to find the NPC I'm supposed to go to in order to get what rewards we managed to get. There's just so many NPCs in there, and I'm pretty sure I tried all the Crystal Bloom ones.It's the Asura right next to the Crystal Bloom Vendor that gives you the community event rewards, if you contributed during the event period.The Asura has a weird symbol over her head.

The only thing I can think of, is that I cannot collect, because I didn't do the storyline before doing the missions.How did you even manage to do that?I thought the missions only unlock once you reach their story steps.

That's the thing even, the NPC only allow me to ask about the Crystal Bloom, which prompt the NPC to give you a faction explanation, but nothing more.As for how I did the missions before the storyline, I went to the Eye of the North, and noticed I could just do them via the portal, so I figured they were two different things. I can now kind of guess I'm not gonna get any rewards then :p

@Teratus.2859 said:

Well you can buy the crystal bloom boxes for tyrian defence marks so yes you will be able to finish those achievements.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@Cobalt Flame.8056 said:...If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet,
be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1

How is this going to work for new people that don't play this chapter until
after
Dec 1??

You buy anything you need with the tyrian defence marks instead of crystal bloom support marks.

@Naxos.2503 said:

That's the thing even, the NPC only allow me to ask about the Crystal Bloom, which prompt the NPC to give you a faction explanation, but nothing more.As for how I did the missions before the storyline, I went to the Eye of the North, and noticed I could just do them via the portal, so I figured they were two different things. I can now kind of guess I'm not gonna get any rewards then :p

Well did you trade 5 of the crystal bloom support marks for either 5 karma sips, 2 boxes+1 recipe/karma sip or 5 recipe from the crystal bloom vendor right next to the asura with wierd symbol over head?

If you have and it dont sound like you have then you would get t1 t2 and t3 community box talking to the asura.

@Randulf.7614 said:

No as far as we can tell, only the global contribution events are time limited - ie the bonus tier rewards. The content itself will be permanent

Thank you Randulf. o/

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Color me underwhelmed. This release was weak and adding in a new faction isn't going to change that - regardless when it escapes.

I'm still waiting for one new thing feels at least as epic as the battle for Lions Arch from gw1. Unfortunately it feels like we're going the wrong direction.

Unfortunately, Arena.net does not listen to the community, does not listen and does not talk with it, and this is very sad.