False advertising?

So as a returning player I decided to buy the Path of Fire expansion which it states comes with Heart of Thorns and Living World Ice Brood Saga, but upon logging in I still have to buy the rest of Ice Brood Saga..... This is rather lame to put that on the product page and then I come in to see that I still have to pay for EACH INDIVIDUAL EPISODE. I should've gotten the entire season with my purchase! I feel pretty salty over this as maybe you should take that off the product listing on the site to avoid this.

if you hold over or click it you see this.

Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.*

So you only get the newest released episode like it have always been.You just dident read the fine print so no false advertising.EditBut yea they should have been more clear with the living seasons and now Icebrood saga that is for sure.

@DandySlayer.7019 said:They should honestly just take it off or reword it. I spent 55 dollars on this and its worth it but just bummed me out on that. this Nickeling and Dime'ing is what keeps most new players from staying long or playing at all.

Path of Fire with Heart of Thorns included costs $30, unless you're talking about another currency besides USD. And I'm not sure how you expect to receive a full season of IceBrood Saga when we're only halfway through the season?

Its bad wording but what they actually mean is:You get the latest episode for free, available to play immediately.You get all future episodes for free just by logging in.You get the ability to buy all past episodes with in-game currency (gold) instead of real money.

@DandySlayer.7019 said:They should honestly just take it off or reword it. I spent 55 dollars on this and its worth it but just bummed me out on that. this Nickeling and Dime'ing is what keeps most new players from staying long or playing at all.

Yea old players payed 60 for base 60 for heart of thorns and 30 for path of fire.

Are new players really getting such a bad deal?

• 3 weeks later...

@Nubarus.9268 said:You can buy all the living world episodes with game gold too so you do not have to spend real money at all, just play the game.

I'm tired of seeing this poor excuse so I had to log in just to reply and say... be realistic please.

Yes Anet should do better and rename it. I've been caught out by it a long time ago. It isn't difficult for them to make it clearer but they don't do it because they're a business and catching people unaware is a part of their game. Then again, how many businesses are so forthcoming these days? Practically zero.

@Holgarf.6581 said:

@Nubarus.9268 said:You can buy all the living world episodes with game gold too so you do not have to spend real money at all, just play the game.

I'm tired of seeing this poor excuse so I had to log in just to reply and say... be realistic please.

Yes Anet should do better and rename it. I've been caught out by it a long time ago. It isn't difficult for them to make it clearer but they don't do it because they're a business and catching people unaware is a part of their game. Then again, how many businesses are so forthcoming these days? Practically zero.

If holding your mouse over or clicking the Icebrood saga line is to much for people to get the information what do you suggest?

Big irritating signs that people click away without reading anyway?