Whirlwind damage bugged? (PvP)

Krysard.1364

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The tooltip shows the damage for one hit with 4 possible.

It matches up with a destroyer amulet and brawler runes roughly.

Not sure of your setup in that image, do I guessed.

The tooltip shows the damage for one hit indeed, which is 800 dmg. But as you can check from the combat log, it hits for half, 400 dmg. My setup is zerker, but it doesnt matter that much as the tooltip will adapt to the power damage accordingly.

@Krysard.1364 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:The tooltip shows the damage for one hit with 4 possible.

The tooltip shows the damage for one hit indeed, which is 800 dmg. But as you can check from the combat log, it hits for half, 400 dmg. My setup is zerker, but it doesnt matter that much as the tooltip will adapt to the power damage accordingly.

Mmmm I'll have to load it up later and verify in game. Might stacks? Vuln stacks? Situational modifiers?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Mmmm I'll have to load it up later and verify in game. Might stacks? Vuln stacks? Situational modifiers?

Nothing at all, just me hitting the light golem. You can check easily by comparing the damage between axe 3 and gs 3, with zerker they both should hit for almost 800 no crits but gs3 individual hits seem to hit for half.

EDIT I do run the GS trait so maybe your tooltip is a bit lower, but you should still get half the expected damage

So I hit the golems in Armstice Bastion and saw the same thing. During the Feb. patch they cut the damage of the skill in half from 0.665 per hit to 0.333 per hit, but it seems that the tooltip still shows the old damage scaling.

If you use gw2skills.net, which is the first place I looked, they have the right tooltip damage listed and matches the numbers that you are seeing in game.