Multiclassing makes you a better player

Supreme.3164

@"Supreme.3164" said:"To understand the enemy, walk one mile in their shoes"....it's what they say. Multiclassing brings with it a boat load of benefits, ranging from increased duelling performance to less opinionated balance philosophy .

What is your opinion?

Can you imagine playing a MOBA without ever playing another MOBA hero?

Can't really speak for PvP much, and haven't done that much serious multi-classing in GW2, but from my time in other games, were roles are defined a bit clearer (e.g. healer, tank, DPS), it definitely improved my own skills, e.g. when I played a healer (after finding the idea terrifying) I learned so much about what to do as other classes to not be such a burden on a healer, what skills look like, etc.

Yes, I agree to an extent. Playing other classes has helped me understand how to play against those classes to a large extent.

However, sticking to no more than 2 classes/builds for any actual really competitive play has been really key to doing well for me. There's a huge difference between playing a class and playing it long enough in the current meta to do so well. Swapping to a build just because it's what would make the team comp perfect on paper rarely does so in practice.

Multiclassing does make you a better player, but only to a certain point.

There actually is a bell curve here where continuing to multiclass at deeper levels of experience will actually make you a worse player.

In the beginning when people are less than 5000 games played, it is a good thing to multiclass and go at least 500 games on each class, to get a very well rounded idea of each of them. But past that point a player needs to choose a main to specialize in, or they'll never reach certain peak levels of experience & knowledge on a single class.

In other words, you multiclass only to the point that it allows you to firmly understand each class. Then dump the rest of your experience into one main class.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Multiclassing does make you a better player, but only to a certain point.

There actually is a bell curve here where continuing to multiclass at deeper levels of experience will actually make you a worse player.

In the beginning when people are less than 5000 games played, it is a good thing to multiclass and go at least 500 games on each class, to get a very well rounded idea of each of them. But past that point a player needs to choose a main to specialize in, or they'll never reach certain peak levels of experience & knowledge on a single class.

In other words, you multiclass only to the point that it allows you to firmly understand each class. Then dump the rest of your experience into one main class.

Yes, please stop multiclassing or you'll never get good. Now just wait a tiny bit, we are changing our build here and there... no don't you reroll, you won't get good unless you spam your deadeye burst into our reflects, come on now!

Only if you learn something while multiclassing... Can happen sometimes that tasting anther classes just gives you a bad taste. I've only played 4 classes in PvP, and one of those for less than 30 matches (currently ~6000 matches). Those 28 ones made me better? Probably not...

LOL multiclasser makes you a better player, unless you are thief, because you don't need to play other class to be meta forever and ever and ever.even tho you become delusional and think you are good and have no idea what other classes can do and call everybody trash, while you are literally playing meta build forever and ever, while other classes has bad builds and become not meta.aka every single top thief one tricks that ever existed

@felix.2386 said:LOL multiclasser makes you a better player, unless you are thief, because you don't need to play other class to be meta forever and ever and ever.even tho you become delusional and think you are good and have no idea what other classes can do and call everybody trash, while you are literally playing meta build forever and ever, while other classes has bad builds and become not meta.aka every single top thief one tricks that ever existed

This was really questionable to read i wont lie. As thief you need to play or at least understand other classes to have any sort of value in a +1. You can't treat every class the same and in order to do that you need to somewhat adjust your playstyle to each class you attack. Knowing what to interupt etc. Granted there is only like 4/5 good thieves left in EU now (unsure for NA) there is not a single onetrick in them. They can play and have played other classes.

@Kachros.4751 said:

@"felix.2386" said:LOL multiclasser makes you a better player, unless you are thief, because you don't need to play other class to be meta forever and ever and ever.even tho you become delusional and think you are good and have no idea what other classes can do and call everybody trash, while you are literally playing meta build forever and ever, while other classes has bad builds and become not meta.aka every single top thief one tricks that ever existed

This was really questionable to read i wont lie. As thief you need to play or at least understand other classes to have any sort of value in a +1. You can't treat every class the same and in order to do that you need to somewhat adjust your playstyle to each class you attack. Knowing what to interupt etc. Granted there is only like 4/5 good thieves left in EU now (unsure for NA) there is not a single onetrick in them. They can play and have played other classes.

lol nah, thief barely requires any mechanic skill, all you need to do on thief is to have basic math skill and do +- on the mini map and you will be top thief.there's barely any good thief nowaday because thieves just "think" mechanic matters and fail to do basic +- maths on the mini map.remembering 1 or 2 big CD to interrupt from other builds isnt even hard considering what other classes has to remember from different classes.