Ok, apparently I MUST do WvW for my Legendary.

Lawtider.9024

@Eight O Eight.8257 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

It's only 5-8 hours of your life, you'll make it, I believe in you.

This is such a typical pvp'er response and not at all helpful. Like the OP, I too, have issues with being forced to "play" a part of the game, that I personally don't agree with. I need the Gift of Battle to craft my PvE weapon. In order to get that I am FORCED to WvW. This has taken me a week, NOT 5-8hrs! I play daily. Every map I go to, no matter what time of day/night, is either dead or has no commander or general structure. Roaming and capping camps are all fine and dandy to say, but getting PK'd by a large group is just no fun. Why does it take 20 people to kill 1?

First of all gg on leaving out the actually helpful part of my post. :+1: Second of all this part of the legendary journey truly is the most laidback portion that requires extremely very little effort in comparison to the rest of the ordeal. WvW and PvP players are FORCED to do even more PvE to get a legendary than PvE players are forced to do WvW or PvP. So count your blessings.

It is 5-8 hours to finish a reward track at max participation rate with all boosters. You have to be in the map for at least one tick before you start accruing progress towards the reward track, so if it is taking you longer, then stop hopping maps and make sure to keep your participation at tier 6.

Is it a dead map? GREAT! You won't be bothered. Go find an enemy tower and pve the guards and go back to spawn. Go kill other guards when you need a refresh on your participation. There are 6 PvE quests in each Alpine BL that give you participation. You can also walk the Dolyaks for participation. If you die, then start back over. Dying is part of the game mode. You die in PvE too. It happens. Don't get salty over it.

But if you complain about this part of making a legendary being hard or long you'll only get serenaded by a tiny violin orchestra from the competitive side of the player base.

Edit:I'll even throw back into this that I just finished the Thunderhead Keep reward track after 4.5hrs of gameplay because I can't be bothered to do all those PvE achievements for the Corsair Leggings that are needed for working towards Vision.

It really is as fast as 4.5 hours if you max your participation and reward track gain. I even spent half of that time hanging out at spawn cleaning my inventory and checking Facebook.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ToFa.4816 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:sorry but stop crying about that... tis is still NOTHING compared to what main Wvw players gotta do for our legendaries... after 3 years, i am still not past precusor dawn3 beginning of that one, because this pve jumping puzzle stuff absolutely gets me seasick. and our problem wouldn't be solveable by making materials sell-able via the trading post :P

Yeah, thats a lot of JPs for Dawn. But as I see, most of them are GW2 vanilla content. So they sometimes appear in the dailies. I‘m not sure about the Southsun JP.So, if you‘re still on to it, see if some of them are on dailies. Visit their location on prime time and you will often find a mesmer to port you to JPs end. And if you‘re nice, spend him some silver or gold. :)

The good news is that both Southsun JPs come up on the daily rotation - not on the same day.

I am a PvE player - but I really do not see the problem. I knew very early on that I'd need a Gift of Battle. So every time big spender was a WvW daily, I went to WvW - done that one daily, and also other dailies if possible. Then I got my participation up to tier 6 - and generally spent about an hour in WvW on a day like that. I never grinded towards the gift of battle. Now I have it - just like that, no LEGENDARY type of EFFORT needed. Getting this is a lot easier than some of the other things you need for a legendary. I already have 4 gifts of exploration, too - and I actually DREAD doing some of the other things needed for a legendary as PvE players tend to be bigger bullies than the people in WvW. Not once in my time in WvW have I been called dumb, been harassed or told I should just give up by someone who just wanted to rush through content. In PvE, all three in one were my first experience ever when I tried to do a dungeon for the first time ever. Nice, right?Yes, in WvW you might get killed - so what? It's not a tragedy - I died a few times, but over the months then also saw myself getting better and managing to kill others myself. One fight even lasted quite a while. To me, it was an interesting experience - now I have the Gift of Battle, but now the harder parts will start.

@pareth.3847 said:I am a PvE player - but I really do not see the problem. I knew very early on that I'd need a Gift of Battle. So every time big spender was a WvW daily, I went to WvW - done that one daily, and also other dailies if possible. Then I got my participation up to tier 6 - and generally spent about an hour in WvW on a day like that. I never grinded towards the gift of battle. Now I have it - just like that, no LEGENDARY type of EFFORT needed. Getting this is a lot easier than some of the other things you need for a legendary. I already have 4 gifts of exploration, too - and I actually DREAD doing some of the other things needed for a legendary as PvE players tend to be bigger bullies than the people in WvW. Not once in my time in WvW have I been called dumb, been harassed or told I should just give up by someone who just wanted to rush through content. In PvE, all three in one were my first experience ever when I tried to do a dungeon for the first time ever. Nice, right?Yes, in WvW you might get killed - so what? It's not a tragedy - I died a few times, but over the months then also saw myself getting better and managing to kill others myself. One fight even lasted quite a while. To me, it was an interesting experience - now I have the Gift of Battle, but now the harder parts will start.

If the hard part is dungeon tokens there are WvW reward tracks for that as well :wink:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If the hard part is dungeon tokens there are WvW reward tracks for that as well :wink:

I actually haven't dared to look into it in detail yet - but I still need the last few mastery points to unlock HoT and PoF legendary crafting. And some of those masteries might be a little tricky. But it's a long-term project anyway and I might try to find a suitable guild to help with some stuff (which is another challenge because every single guild I found interesting so far requires the use of discord or teamspeak - and I'm so not into that). I just really didn't make good experiences with trying fractals and dungeons so far (tried to solo some, too, a few years ago, but wasn't good enough in the past - that might have changed, as I've improved quite a bit since I returned a few months ago!).

@pareth.3847 said:

I actually haven't dared to look into it in detail yet - but I still need the last few mastery points to unlock HoT and PoF legendary crafting. And some of those masteries might be a little tricky. But it's a long-term project anyway and I might try to find a suitable guild to help with some stuff (which is another challenge because every single guild I found interesting so far requires the use of discord or teamspeak - and I'm so not into that). I just really didn't make good experiences with trying fractals and dungeons so far (tried to solo some, too, a few years ago, but wasn't good enough in the past - that might have changed, as I've improved quite a bit since I returned a few months ago!).

Well if you need amalgamated gemstones I found that doing a coral circuit is a very fast way to get them. You can hit all the major nodes or just a few coral heavy maps. Sandswept Isles is a really good place to get coral orbs. If you have a glyph of bounty you can get something like 15-25 depending on your luck per map.

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

Ok, this made me ROFL. I have so many precursors in the bank because I can't do another world completion without literally poking my eyes out, it's just insane. XD

I should really get to these boards more. Laughter is good for the soul!

@DeLys.5380 said:

@DoggySpew.4529 said:Going for Xiucuatl, yay, snepter. I am now at the stage that I NEED to do WvW for certain materials only available in this mode, that in no way you can get in the PvE.However, I have never had fun with WvW, because either you are ALL ALONE, or you try to get in a group that just is ending their zerg or whatever. How am I as a solo player going to get enough material (memory of battle I think) WITHOUT having to do this mode?

Ok, this made me ROFL. I have so many precursors in the bank because I can't do another world completion without literally poking my eyes out, it's just insane. XD

Can I have a few?

Poor thing