What is being done to improve balance?

Sammyjoe.4271

Hey all,What happened to the balance team that released the big balance patch hitting power, healing and what not? Is it too much to ask for a condi balance patch as well? Really blows my mind. I think the balance patch they released was a really good step in the right direction, but if they just say, "Ok we're done" seems weird. And with the coming expansion it will only further complicate the balance. Or is GW just shifting into a PvE only game? (2012 Vet)

@"Sammyjoe.4271" said:Hey all,What happened to the balance team that released the big balance patch hitting power, healing and what not? Is it too much to ask for a condi balance patch as well? Really blows my mind. I think the balance patch they released was a really good step in the right direction, but if they just say, "Ok we're done" seems weird. And with the coming expansion it will only further complicate the balance. Or is GW just shifting into a PvE only game? (2012 Vet)

According to one of the devs from this team (think it was during one of the donation streams), the main focus of the team currently are the elite-specs and other parts of the expansion. So I guess the next larger balance patch may need some time.

@Schimmi.6872 said:

@"Sammyjoe.4271" said:Hey all,What happened to the balance team that released the big balance patch hitting power, healing and what not? Is it too much to ask for a condi balance patch as well? Really blows my mind. I think the balance patch they released was a really good step in the right direction, but if they just say, "Ok we're done" seems weird. And with the coming expansion it will only further complicate the balance. Or is GW just shifting into a PvE only game? (2012 Vet)

According to one of the devs from this team (think it was during one of the donation streams), the main focus of the team currently are the elite-specs and other parts of the expansion. So I guess the next larger balance patch may need some time.

So in a year or two?

@Khisanth.2948 said:

So in a year or two?

Yep. Right after alliances.

While the devs may not in this case, it is typical for a rebalance to happen ahead of a major release such as an expansion. This would set the stage for the new eSpecs to fit into multiple game modes alongside existing specs. You then typically have the rebalance patch that will happen within 6 months of the release to fix the outliers.

As such I would anticipate something along the timeline for the next expansion.

In this game's past there was already one massive condi rework, and several partial ones (like at least 3 reworks of confusion). I don't see condi getting treated any worse than any other elements of the whole balance ecosystem. If anything, it got even more attention from devs than some other parts. So, what exactly are you asking for?

@Astralporing.1957 said:In this game's past there was already one massive condi rework, and several partial ones (like at least 3 reworks of confusion). I don't see condi getting treated any worse than any other elements of the whole balance ecosystem. If anything, it got even more attention from devs than some other parts. So, what exactly are you asking for?

I'm asking for a well thought through balance patch for conditions. Power users got hit hard in a patch pointed toward us. My MAIN argument for conditions is, why does it make sense to let them deal big damage and have the choice of being extremely tanky as well? There should be a trade off like power users have. Being able to put big points into vitality, toughness, and even healing power while still being able to dish out huge damage blows my mind.

@Sammyjoe.4271 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:In this game's past there was already one massive condi rework, and several partial ones (like at least 3 reworks of confusion). I don't see condi getting treated any worse than any other elements of the whole balance ecosystem. If anything, it got even
more
attention from devs than some other parts. So, what exactly are you asking for?

I'm asking for a well thought through balance patch for conditions. Power users got hit hard in a patch pointed toward us. My MAIN argument for conditions is, why does it make sense to let them deal big damage and have the choice of being extremely tanky as well? There should be a trade off like power users have. Being able to put big points into vitality, toughness, and even healing power while still being able to dish out huge damage blows my mind.In order to have the dps values comparable with top tier power dps builds, condi also needs to fully specialize into damage. Additionally, top dps builds are, interesingly enough, still power dps ones, not condi.So, again, you might want to specify what exactly is the problem you think needs fixing. Because it seems it isn't as general, or as obvious as you think it is.

@Sammyjoe.4271 said:

I'm asking for a well thought through balance patch for conditions. Power users got hit hard in a patch pointed toward us. My MAIN argument for conditions is, why does it make sense to let them deal big damage and have the choice of being extremely tanky as well? There should be a trade off like power users have. Being able to put big points into vitality, toughness, and even healing power while still being able to dish out huge damage blows my mind.

Current stat prefixes certainly are contributing to this problem. Seraph, Trailblazer, Carrion, Dire, Plaguedoctor, and Bringer are all primary condition damage with vitality, toughness, an/or healing. Using secondary stats, Magi, Apothecary, Settler, Shaman, and Marshal can be strong alternatives with similar durability.

Now, if you're talking PvP, where mix-and-match prefix (and suffix) combinations don't exist and everything is regulated to set values that sum to 3000, well ... that's a different matter altogether.