Nerf Mesmer pull

Nimon.7840

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Get off the wall?

After the 6th or 7th pull, one would kinda understand not to keep repeating the same mistake, but expecting different results after the 50th, well...

Nobody really expects much else when they're on the actual wall, it's when you get yoinked from halfway down the stairs and pulled into the sky or off the edge that makes no sense. It's buggy af, like most pulls.

Why would you be there? You can't do anything from that angle anyways. If you need to sight the enemy, just stay on your mount. Even if you do get pulled, stunbreaks, blinks, w/e. I mean, I've been pulled off the top of SE tower, and it's a pretty long run back to the door.

I mean back then when we had no gliding or the ability to become invul to CC when not in combat, I could see, but these days there really is no excuse to die unless you're directly fighting the enemy.

Why would I be on the stairs? Idk maybe because it's how you traverse the inside of a structure.

Mounts?

Groups stack at the bottom of the stairs all the time before stealth pushing off the top and somehow the mesmer pull always yoinks someone from the bottom to the top.

Hey, you said it yourself. You prebuff at the bottom of the stairs, or a bit further away, and then you run out. You should be properly stabbed up and stealthed by then. If you got pulled, you're too far up. I have never been pulled out when stacking in a structure, because as a support I would certainly get flamed out of chat if I fail the group like that.

If you really get Anet'd then you'll get pulled inside the wall and be stuck there like knockbacks tend to do against walls. If your argument to keep the pull being buggy is to sit on mount, possibly the most busted thing in WvW, then it sounds like the pull needs to just respect LoS and be done with it. It's already dangerous enough to be at the top of the wall, it shouldn't be dangerous at the bottom as well. It makes absolutely no sense that a defensive position in a defensive structure is so dangerous when you need to attack down at attackers.

Uhh, how much advantage do you need? You can stealth push out at almost any angle (off the wall, through the portal) and the enemy has to be constantly aware when your group can still run back into the portal and in some cases glide out (like at hills) while you can have disables, mortar and cannon support. Even if you fail all of this, someone can pull the EWP.

And besides, why should people be able to pew pew from the wall with zero danger anyways? If some people are willing to get off the wall to actually fight, then people up on top can freecast. But if everyone's wall hugging, the attackerss have nothing better to do but to pull people from the top.

It's basic tactics. I really don't care what happens since I probably get pulled off a tower/keep maybe like once a week when i'm not paying attention. And I'm usually the disabling the siege, so I have to go all the way on top of the wall. You can either wait for Anet to do something (lol) , or your enemy can enjoy more bags. Or you can read this post seriously. Your choice.

Again, if mounts are the answer then you're dealing with something that isn't functioning properly.

Being pulled from the bottom to the top isn't because anyone was out of position but because there's a buggy mechanic being used that does what it shouldn't.

You're inside the walls for crying out loud. If the advantage of being inside is negated by a pull that can be used outside then there's quite literally no advantage in this context vs being up on the wall.

Nobody said people should be able to pew pew with zero danger, and you and I both know it's far more dangerous on the wall than anywhere else. If you're butthurt about people not wanting to fight you for any reason, then that's your problem. The point is it shouldn't be as dangerous off the wall because you can be pulled up to it by some ridiculous pull.

You wonder why people put Arrow Carts in the most ridiculous places and sit behind them for eternity? Because things like the mesmer pull that make any other tactic too dangerous. So think about that when you complain about people not 'actually fighting' since this directly contributes to it. Arrow Carts are cheap and very effective.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

After the 6th or 7th pull, one would kinda understand not to keep repeating the same mistake, but expecting different results after the 50th, well...

Nobody really expects much else when they're on the actual wall, it's when you get yoinked from halfway down the stairs and pulled into the sky or off the edge that makes no sense. It's buggy af, like most pulls.

Why would you be there? You can't do anything from that angle anyways. If you need to sight the enemy, just stay on your mount. Even if you do get pulled, stunbreaks, blinks, w/e. I mean, I've been pulled off the top of SE tower, and it's a pretty long run back to the door.

I mean back then when we had no gliding or the ability to become invul to CC when not in combat, I could see, but these days there really is no excuse to die unless you're directly fighting the enemy.

Why would I be on the stairs? Idk maybe because it's how you traverse the inside of a structure.

Mounts?

Groups stack at the bottom of the stairs all the time before stealth pushing off the top and somehow the mesmer pull always yoinks someone from the bottom to the top.

Hey, you said it yourself. You prebuff at the bottom of the stairs, or a bit further away, and then you run out. You should be properly stabbed up and stealthed by then. If you got pulled, you're too far up. I have never been pulled out when stacking in a structure, because as a support I would certainly get flamed out of chat if I fail the group like that.

If you really get Anet'd then you'll get pulled inside the wall and be stuck there like knockbacks tend to do against walls. If your argument to keep the pull being buggy is to sit on mount, possibly the most busted thing in WvW, then it sounds like the pull needs to just respect LoS and be done with it. It's already dangerous enough to be at the top of the wall, it shouldn't be dangerous at the bottom as well. It makes absolutely no sense that a defensive position in a defensive structure is so dangerous when you need to attack down at attackers.

Uhh, how much advantage do you need? You can stealth push out at almost any angle (off the wall, through the portal) and the enemy has to be constantly aware when your group can still run back into the portal and in some cases glide out (like at hills) while you can have disables, mortar and cannon support. Even if you fail all of this, someone can pull the EWP.

And besides, why should people be able to pew pew from the wall with zero danger anyways? If some people are willing to get off the wall to actually fight, then people up on top can freecast. But if everyone's wall hugging, the attackerss have nothing better to do but to pull people from the top.

It's basic tactics. I really don't care what happens since I probably get pulled off a tower/keep maybe like once a week when i'm not paying attention. And I'm usually the disabling the siege, so I have to go all the way on top of the wall. You can either wait for Anet to do something (lol) , or your enemy can enjoy more bags. Or you can read this post seriously. Your choice.

Again, if mounts are the answer then you're dealing with something that isn't functioning properly.

Well, that's simply the 100% way of dealing with it for the lazy. If you want to ignore it because of arbitrary reasons, that's not my problem.

Being pulled from the bottom to the top isn't because anyone was out of position but because there's a buggy mechanic being used that does what it shouldn't.

You're inside the walls for crying out loud. If the advantage of being inside is negated by a pull that can be used outside then there's quite literally no advantage in this context vs being up on the wall.

And the attacker's advantage is completely negated if you make it back in the portal.

If you are behind the wall, the attacker has no idea when you will stealth push from top of the wall. If you think that's not literally an advantage, I have no idea what's going on. Plus there's plenty of siege spots that cannot be pulled.

Nobody said people should be able to pew pew with zero danger, and you and I both know it's far more dangerous on the wall than anywhere else. If you're kitten about people not wanting to fight you for any reason, then that's your problem. The point is it shouldn't be as dangerous off the wall because you can be pulled up to it by some ridiculous pull.

No reason why it should be as such.

You wonder why people put Arrow Carts in the most ridiculous places and sit behind them for eternity? Because things like the mesmer pull that make any other tactic too dangerous. So think about that when you complain about people not 'actually fighting' since this directly contributes to it. Arrow Carts are cheap and very effective.

Actually Arrow Carts barely do any damage to any decent sized fighting force these days. Any good defender knows that and will probably only do it as a distraction and commit if there's a fighting force of their own.

What you call a ridiculous place is just playing smart. In fact, I am pretty good at placing them myself and am very confident that people can't pull anyone off the arrow carts or w/e I place. People like that will never make complaints about these things because they know how to play the game. That I respect. Certainly better than any nonsensical claim that defenders are at an inherent disadvantage.

Hey, I may not like siege/wall humping, but it's their choice and possibly even necessary when outnumbered. It's just that when people can't even do it properly and want buffs that there's a problem, lol.

Btw, the thing has a 25s cooldown...

@"Nikola.3841" said:Mesmer pull is fine...otherwise defenders, not attackers, would have advantage of been behind walls, and that would be stupidIf you want to play game where 8 can defend vs 50 because of walls and chokepoints, go watch "300" or play DAOC

Walls on keeps were never a safe place even if anet removed the pulls, the atacking force can aoe ac's and players on top faster than anything else :).Problem with mesmer pull and FB pulls(close to the wall sometimes interrup players inside the struture) its the path puling way more than LoS, sometimes even at the botton of the sair u get pulled outside, that idiotic and far far than possible with LoS.

Kinda remind me those rangers than can aoe arrow an entire tower everywhere by breaking LoS.

Note: being on a siege weapon on a wall facing 50 means instant death even if u have 20 on the wall...against those 50, walls were always a drawback to stand on....Its actually easyer to aoe from outside thaan on top of the towers even a spike from auto atacks will kell anyone who tries to cast from the wall cause ONE CANT CAST FROMT TOP OF THE WALL sicne has no LoS to outside ;)if u are used to get failed caps against much smaller forces thats defenilty a l2p issue from the whole group on how to siege strucutres.

1St rule of WvW NEVER STAND ON THE WAAAALS, they are not ment to stand players there but just to delay enemey with siege!!!

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:All you guys complaining about Mesmer pulls when there’s other classes that can pull you off walls as well lol! You guys are hopeless, find something better to complain about...

It's the theme of gw2 community.
  • Mesmer has something powerful: NERF IT, KILL THE CANCER, UNFAIR, DELETE MESMER!!!!
  • Rest of classes have the same or better: It's fine, l2p, but we have this other weakness so it's fair.

That about sums it up.Basically Mesmers have been bullied by the community from day one, and Anet is enabling them.

you guys noticed the date, the original post was created right?

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:All you guys complaining about Mesmer pulls when there’s other classes that can pull you off walls as well lol! You guys are hopeless, find something better to complain about...

• Mesmer has something powerful: NERF IT, KILL THE CANCER, UNFAIR, DELETE MESMER!!!!
  • Rest of classes have the same or better: It's fine, l2p, but we have this other weakness so it's fair.

That about sums it up.Basically Mesmers have been bullied by the community from day one, and Anet is enabling them.

It's still relevant. :tongue:

@Nimon.7840 said:

The date is to remind us that no lessons were learned from the past and situations will repeat itself endlessly until their core root are dealt with

• 2 weeks later...

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"Nikola.3841" said:Mesmer pull is fine...otherwise defenders, not attackers, would have advantage of been behind walls, and that would be stupidIf you want to play game where 8 can defend vs 50 because of walls and chokepoints, go watch "300" or play DAOC

Walls on keeps were never a safe place even if anet removed the pulls, the atacking force can aoe ac's and players on top faster than anything else :).Problem with mesmer pull and FB pulls(close to the wall sometimes interrup players inside the struture) its the path puling way more than LoS, sometimes even at the botton of the sair u get pulled outside, that idiotic and far far than possible with LoS.

Kinda remind me those rangers than can aoe arrow an entire tower everywhere by breaking LoS.

Note: being on a siege weapon on a wall facing 50 means instant death even if u have 20 on the wall...against those 50, walls were always a drawback to stand on....Its actually easyer to aoe from outside thaan on top of the towers even a spike from auto atacks will kell anyone who tries to cast from the wall cause ONE CANT CAST FROMT TOP OF THE WALL sicne has no LoS to outside
;)if u are used to get failed caps against much smaller forces thats defenilty a l2p issue from the whole group on how to siege strucutres.

1St rule of WvW NEVER STAND ON THE WAAAALS, they are not ment to stand players there but just to delay enemey with siege!!!

I've been sarcastic in my post...I like to play games that are at least a bit logical, and part of logic is to give advantage to defenders, not to attackers

it's just oddthat some pulls work1) through gates (portals)2) with phantom ranges of 1500+ (across whole inner of SM, from the entry/behind the gatehouse etc)

after all, normally u can still bomb everyone from the walls, with stealth and/or stability stacks. (one stab stack can get stripped away rather easy sadly)

@Nikola.3841 said:

@Nikola.3841 said:Mesmer pull is fine...otherwise defenders, not attackers, would have advantage of been behind walls, and that would be stupidIf you want to play game where 8 can defend vs 50 because of walls and chokepoints, go watch "300" or play DAOC

Note: being on a siege weapon on a wall facing 50 means instant death even if u have 20 on the wall...against those 50, walls were always a drawback to stand on....Its actually easyer to aoe from outside thaan on top of the towers even a spike from auto atacks will kell anyone who tries to cast from the wall cause ONE CANT CAST FROMT TOP OF THE WALL sicne has no LoS to outside
;)if u are used to get failed caps against much smaller forces thats defenilty a l2p issue from the whole group on how to siege strucutres.

I've been sarcastic in my post...I like to play games that are at least a bit logical, and part of logic is to give advantage to defenders, not to attackers

Wrong game then :P

1st rule of WvW stil remainsl never stand on walls nor stairs, even if u are in the inner side and close to the wall stairs u m8 end getting pulled outside or pulled to top and be bombed fgrom outside, atackers have LoS to wall and in some same towers to the interior while players on wall wont have LoS to nothing from the wall :)

Screw logic its gw2 :pensive: logic does not apply in that much in this game..

It is about time they push the favor tot he defenders like it is supposed to be. Just auto give anyone standing on a wall stacks of stability that slowly regenerate. Wanna pull someone? Work for it. Defenders should literally be holding every advantage. As it stands, defending is an uphill battle which it really shouldn't be. A group of 10 SHOULD be able to hold off a group of 30 that isn't prepared to spend 3 supply for every 1 the defenders use.

@"Runiir.6425" said:It is about time they push the favor tot he defenders like it is supposed to be. Just auto give anyone standing on a wall stacks of stability that slowly regenerate. Wanna pull someone? Work for it. Defenders should literally be holding every advantage. As it stands, defending is an uphill battle which it really shouldn't be. A group of 10 SHOULD be able to hold off a group of 30 that isn't prepared to spend 3 supply for every 1 the defenders use.

Short video how to properly implement it :)

IMO the issue with some puls Is the LoS validation rather than nerfs.

Note; ground pulls should pull targets at same lvl, not targets that are far from it sometimes pulls come out of ilogical places, kinda feels its a dome wide pull coded rathen than a aoe simbol effect, still it hink its more a validation process or QoL rather than nerf.

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@Spiral.2895 said:Absolutely not, it doesn't need a nerf. Just learn how to stab.How you learn it if class doesn't have stability?

Well, no need for stab; just stunbreaks and movement or block/invul

Thief ---> Shadowstep ---> shortbow; should never die even if you get pulled. Also no point on being on wall.

Rev--> pop your stunbreak and get glint heal going; kinda rough. Depends on your weapon skills. But you have no reason to be on top of a wall.

Nec---> Yea, actually I got to hand it that necro is kinda screwed but you just gotta know your place; and you don't really need to bomb from the wall anyways since neither shades nor marks require you to be there for long. Smart necros will take spectral walk before doing anything risky.

Any other class ---> stop being bad