SUNQUA PEAK FRACTAL LAST BOSS BUG

peter.1856

Confirmed! Happened again. Joined a group that was at the boss and the guy said first try it wasn't bugged. (But they wiped and lots of people left so they put group back in lfg.)

2 tries later the bug happened and I figured it would be best to leave and not try again - but try a fresh fractal run for this one - with another group. (It as tier 1, level 25.)

@TequilaBean.9326 said:this kitten bug is still persistent. what a waste of kitten time. at least please remove it from dailies rotation so we can complete or dailies.

Its still fairly simple to complete the fractal with the bug. you just need 2 meta dps players. Sadly a lot of the players keep running their snowflake builds which makes it impossible to complete.Doesnt look like they will fix it anytime soon so just try to live with the bug. brute force with dps.

I would like to report that the bug is still there.

EDIT: I would add that the bug only happens on retries, I'm not sure but it might also be tied with changing members. I've never had it happen on the first run.

Bug repeated in another run, we did one attempt, a few people had to leave, new people came in, it did bug.

We had to GG during tornado phase, not sure if that also affects it.

People, fixing bugs isn't easy, I think it might be related with the DCing of members or failing or /gg-ng mid tornado phase.

Can anyone else confrim deny the follwoing conditions are met?

1. Group members left and were replaced
  2. Failed during tornado phase, when we tried again it was bugged
  3. Failed during tornado phase, when we tried again it was bugged, but only after we changed members
  4. Is this the first time the boss has been triggered and were you in the fractal since the start

The exact nature of the bug is that you fight boss, trigger tornado phase, collect the cloud things, but then the boss doesn't trahnsition out of tornado.If anyone notices anything else that might be a pattern write it out.

@Sniper Forty Three.7108 said:People, fixing bugs isn't easy, I think it might be related with the DCing of members or failing or /gg-ng mid tornado phase.

Can anyone else confrim deny the follwoing conditions are met?

1. Group members left and were replaced
  2. Failed during tornado phase, when we tried again it was bugged
  3. Failed during tornado phase, when we tried again it was bugged, but only after we changed members
  4. Is this the first time the boss has been triggered and were you in the fractal since the start

The exact nature of the bug is that you fight boss, trigger tornado phase, collect the cloud things, but then the boss doesn't trahnsition out of tornado.If anyone notices anything else that might be a pattern write it out.

During the times I had the bug occur, those four conditions were not met.We simply wiped at the water tornado phase and that (presumably) triggered the bug.

But that was months ago, I don't know if anything changed since then, but I assume nothing did.

• 2 weeks later...

Our group wiped at the water phase, boss was 10% health. It was bugged when we respawned.
Could not complete the boss, the orange circle that forms when the boss is in the tornado did not spawn white circles. We were eventually killed by multiple orange circles. The game thought we kept failing the mechanic. We had to restart the entire fractal, twice, due to this bug.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. This bug still exists. Quite frustrating....I suggest everyone put in a bug report every time it happens so that the managers can see that its not resolved and causing a major QOL issue for those that do fractals. The only way they know is if the metrics tell them there is a problem.

@manlaan.8921 said:Bump. This bug still exists. Quite frustrating....I suggest everyone put in a bug report every time it happens so that the managers can see that its not resolved and causing a major QOL issue for those that do fractals. The only way they know is if the metrics tell them there is a problem.

Because anet doesn't care about this bug, they only care about money. This bug is serious problem which should be handled on the frequent patch or hotfix but they don't do it. I am not sure they read this forum either.

• 1 month later...

@Cameron Rich.3905 said:Wanted to let you know we're looking into this and hope to have a fix out ASAP.

Hi Cameron, is there any comment on the status of fixing this bug which has plagued Sunqua since release? I think many people don’t enjoy the fractal because of the bug. Imagine doing this T4 for a daily, getting wrecked at the end, and getting the bug, which you have no choice but to restart. Most people just leave the group at that point, waisting more time to start another group. To top it off once you do complete the T4, turn around and there is the T3 rec, same Sunqua. I’d like to think there is some pride in releasing a great fractal such as this, but with a release bug still out there I feel like it is just another release and forget about it. I mean I can’t tell you how many times I hear of one fractal bug getting fixed or another one, and I feel like this bug should have taken precedence before other non-essential bugs get squashed. Is it just that difficult to locate and fix? It so can there be some kind of workaround programmed in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Morotheri.2948 said:Just ran into this bug. First time in the fractal. it bugged on us three times. We ended up leaving the fractal.

Once it bugs out in a run, it'll always bug out in that run.There is no point in trying further once you've seen it.All you can do is re-enter and retry the entire fractal or give up and move on (and as far I know, most people choose moving on).