Can't buy gems, please help!

@Thomanson.4765 said:Their fraud protection is pretty trigger-happy. I get locked out several times a year. You just have to open a ticket and get them to reset the flag on your account.

@"Farohna.6247" said:Also if you are using a card that has a different name, for example a spouse's card or you have a different name you use on your account, it will flag that. Very good system really, as they are trying to help you :)

I don't know what's happening really. I had special characters on my address, i saw on the linked support page that it sometimes causes problems, so i removed them.The name is the same as on my card, but it's a different card, the saved one expired. Maybe that's it? Idk...I mean, great for fraud protection, no doubt about it.If i'm able to buy gems, cool, if not, oh well bummer...And if i somehow don't have enough funds, i'm going to have a "strongly worded conversation" with my bank lol cause i know i should have enough.Maybe it's my bank, they're recently forcing me to do security checks for anything above like 10 euro which is too overzealous, and GW2 might not link to that security prompt, idk...

We'll see what support tells me.

@Farohna.6247 said:Different card could be it, and yes the anti fraud in game as well as banks is helpful and frustrating. Had the same error a couple of years ago, and it was a different card than previously used. Hopefully support gets back to you soon!

Still haven't responed. Hopefully they do before the sale ends, i want the unbreakable tools and storage expanders lol. :tongue:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Farohna.6247 said:Different card could be it, and yes the anti fraud in game as well as banks is helpful and frustrating. Had the same error a couple of years ago, and it was a different card than previously used. Hopefully support gets back to you soon!

Still haven't responed. Hopefully they do before the sale ends, i want the unbreakable tools and storage expanders lol. :tongue:

They probably will respond before the sale ends, but you can also let them know you're trying to purchase those items at the sale price and they'll be able to help you out.

I can't remember exactly how they fixed it when that happened to me (it was a while ago) but either they did the transaction manually - subtracting the gems from my account and mailing me the item or they had me buy it at full price then refunded the extra gems so I'd only really paid the sale price.

@Danikat.8537 said:

They probably will respond before the sale ends, but you can also let them know you're trying to purchase those items at the sale price and they'll be able to help you out.

I can't remember exactly how they fixed it when that happened to me (it was a while ago) but either they did the transaction manually - subtracting the gems from my account and mailing me the item or they had me buy it at full price then refunded the extra gems so I'd only really paid the sale price.

I did say in the support ticket that i'm interested in buying sale items.And it's not that i can't buy the items, i can't even buy the gems at all.So there's no gems currently on my account. So unless i can pay them some other way except in game, they'll need to look into what's happening here.

And again, it's possible it has something to do with my bank and that they can't do anything until i solve it.If that's the case, well... My bank will hear from me, i mean, i didn't get the credit card to be denied purchases lol, i got it to buy stuff online lol.Maybe they'll be nice enough to extend the sale to me if it's a bank thing so i can sort it out monday and then buy, idk...I doubt it but let's see.

I understand you're having a problem buying gems, not buying the items you want from the sale. But what I'm saying is that if, because of the problem buying gems, you miss the sale and don't get to buy the items while they're discounted support can help you with that too if you ask them.

Basically don't worry about missing the sale, you'll be able to get the items at the same price later on anyway. :)

@Danikat.8537 said:I understand you're having a problem buying gems, not buying the items you want from the sale. But what I'm saying is that if, because of the problem buying gems, you miss the sale and don't get to buy the items while they're discounted support can help you with that too if you ask them.

Basically don't worry about missing the sale, you'll be able to get the items at the same price later on anyway. :)

@Linken.6345 said:Only if you tell in your ticket what items your trying to buy tho, I think.

Thanks! We'll see what they respond first.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps. It's not always the same issue when purchasing Gems.Make sure to attempt to purchase right away, when something is offered, so there's more time to contact the CS Team, if need be.Or....purchase Gems now while the getting is good, and save them for the next discount offerings.

Yeah, in this case, one hour would have meant a lot. :tongue:I'll try to buy gems again, but smaller amount than i would have, there's bank tabs still on sale, and oh well i'll get the storage expanders on regular price i guess.

@Farohna.6247 said:Lol well glad it was resolved, sorry you missed the sale though :/ fortunately they return! And yes, there frequently are interesting things on sale for winter's day season! Good luck, have fun, best wishes!

I only really missed out on unbreakable gathering tools which is fine, i'm more bothered by my lack of storage anyway. So i'll probably get 2 bank tabs now on sale and 2 storage expanders on regular price. If i bought the gems yesterday when storage expanders were on sale, i would be able to get 4000 and get all that plus tools so i only really missed out on the tools i guess.

If they go on sale in winter, i'll get them then, i'm in no hurry. :smile: