Blackscreen

@"Cramero.1792" said:I dont think thats overheating problem. I ran furmark test 1080p and GPU's temperature raised up to 76°C w/o crashing or blackscreen.

I don't know, these are my temperatures when I am running around in Divinity's Reach with high settings:

45y5iBO.jpg

They do rise a bit when there is more action, but - except for the GPU - they never exceed 52°C, and my GPU certainly never ever goes up to 70°C.

What's your graphics card's exact brand and model?

My motherboard is Gigabyte - H110M-H

Here's your manual: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H110M-H-rev-10/support#support-manual

You can also find the latest drivers on that page, which I highly recommend to download and install.

Something really random here, but its generally overlooked as well, have you emptied out your cache files? I have heard some people never checking it and their computer isn't set up to automatically remove but I know of some people that have had issues because they have a horrid amount of files just sitting there taking up space, just a thought xD

@"Nythrilyn.2146" said:Something really random here, but its generally overlooked as well, have you emptied out your cache files?

Yes, that's a good advice as well.

1. Use Windows' Disk Cleanup: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10-8a96ff42-5751-39ad-23d6-434b4d5b9a68
  2. Clear the GW2 cache - open Windows File Explorer and type this into the adress bar: %Temp% (then delete all folders starting with gw2cache-{ )
  3. In any case, also try deleting the Local.dat: %AppData%\Guild Wars 2\Local.dat (you will have to redo your graphics and sound settings, but not your keyboard binds)

• Ram failures result in a bluescreen or if you have auto-restart enabled (which is the standard setting in win10) in a pc restart.
  • Full virtual memory can result in a lot of issues from slowdowns to crashes, but the "auto" setting in windows works fine with GW2. So this is not your problem if you didn't mess around with the setting.
  • If your hardware is overheating, then the fans don't spin up to 100% from one second to another but take a few seconds. This sudden spin up behavior is always caused by a driver reset that re-initializes the hardware. Besides that your temperatures are fine.
  • If your power supply can run furmark and prime at once for half an hour, then it's most likely not broken.

So you have some weird issue that is hard to diagnose from distance. The best thing you can do is indeed what you were told right from the beginning: change every component individually and look if your system becomes stable. I would start with the power supply, then continue with the ram. If you have the time, then you can try to re-install windows, even though this is kind of a brute force method to solve a problem and it is not guaranted that this will fix anything. But sometimes a weird software issue is the cause.

@KrHome.1920 said:you can try to re-install windows, even though this is kind of a brute force method to solve a problem and it is not guaranted that this will fix anything. But sometimes a weird software issue is the cause.

I suggest they try the common Windows fixes first before re-installing the whole system:

• Open the Command Prompt: CMD --> Run as Administrator
  • type: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (wait for it to finish)
  • type: SFC /scannow (wait for it to finish)
  • Exit the Command Prompt once done, restart your PC.

Okay so I tried to replicate the problem in WoW and could not, so it seemed to be isolated to GW2. I deleted the local.dat file and since then I haven't seen the issue come up (played for about 30 minutes didn't notice it happening) so looks like that may have fixed it! Will post another update tonight if it still works good!

@"KrHome.1920" said:

• Ram failures result in a bluescreen or if you have auto-restart enabled (which is the standard setting in win10) in a pc restart.
  • Full virtual memory can result in a lot of issues from slowdowns to crashes, but the "auto" setting in windows works fine with GW2. So this is not your problem if you didn't mess around with the setting.
  • If your hardware is overheating, then the fans don't spin up to 100% from one second to another but take a few seconds. This sudden spin up behavior is always caused by a driver reset that re-initializes the hardware. Besides that your temperatures are fine.
  • If your power supply can run furmark and prime at once for half an hour, then it's most likely not broken.

So you have some weird issue that is hard to diagnose from distance. The best thing you can do is indeed what you were told right from the beginning: change every component individually and look if your system becomes stable. I would start with the power supply, then continue with the ram. If you have the time, then you can try to re-install windows, even though this is kind of a brute force method to solve a problem and it is not guaranted that this will fix anything. But sometimes a weird software issue is the cause.

Hi Im back! Ive sent my GPU and power supply to a tech so they shouldve tested it. They told me "we've tested it on YouTube, some programa, etc and it worked fine". Of course, he is an a**hole. Ive sent my components because I can not test them by myself and they did nothing to help me.At this moment I think that muy GPU is my problem and Ill have to check this with my friend's power supply because I dont have another one.I will be back to update it. If anything comes to you mind just say it!

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Cramero.1792 said:At this moment I think that muy GPU is my problem

Did you try changing the overclocking and hyper-threading settings in your BIOS?

Ive been playing the last 2 days w/o any blackscreen or crash, even I played with high settings and it didnt happen. Srsly I have no idea whats going on.Those 2 days I tried with 2 different driver versions and they worked perfectly so I dont know whats going on.